Photos Kepharts...They just Work

Here's the Calf Roper in dark green micarta.

This kind of has me curious, are there any folding kephart knives? Might make a big folder given the kephart handle tends to be tall but it could be interesting. There's several that model after the puukko which is in the same boat I think, good all-around woods pattern.

This kind of has me curious, are there any folding kephart knives? Might make a big folder given the kephart handle tends to be tall but it could be interesting. There's several that model after the puukko which is in the same boat I think, good all-around woods pattern.
I've seen certain GEC folding knives down in Traditionals that have a blade similar to a Kephart.
Can anybody think of which ones?
Edit...I just saw one down there, a GEC 85 Bullet End Jack.

Last edited:
Been interested in the Enzo models, but always find myself thinking I should just get the fixed blade instead...

I've seen certain GEC folding knives down in Traditionals that have a blade similar to a Kephart.
Can anybody think of which ones?
Edit...I just saw one down there, a GEC 85 Bullet End Jack.

I hadn't considered any GEC's. I suppose the lionsteel/CK roundhead would be pretty close too. I read over on the bushcraft forum that the opinel garden is in there too. I think the catch with most of what I saw in a thread over there is everything is too point. I feel like one of the defining features of the kephart is the more rounded "drilling point" instead of the more aggressive "stabbing point" that many modern spear points have. Especially as you get to the more tactically dagger points with the raised midline or a saber grind with the flat running right down the midline.

Anything more modern?

I hadn't considered any GEC's. I suppose the lionsteel/CK roundhead would be pretty close too. I read over on the bushcraft forum that the opinel garden is in there too. I think the catch with most of what I saw in a thread over there is everything is too point. I feel like one of the defining features of the kephart is the more rounded "drilling point" instead of the more aggressive "stabbing point" that many modern spear points have. Especially as you get to the more tactically dagger points with the raised midline or a saber grind with the flat running right down the midline.

Anything more modern?
Not off the top of my head. I hadn't thought of any Opinels. I'll have to check out, the garden variety. :)
Are the Opinels sturdy?

Not off the top of my head. I hadn't thought of any Opinels. I'll have to check out, the garden variety. :)
Are the Opinels sturdy?

No, thin and uber slicey. Flexible enough to be resilient. The overall design is pretty reliable, IMO. And of course, very budget friendly.

No, thin and uber slicey. Flexible enough to be resilient. The overall design is pretty reliable, IMO. And of course, very budget friendly.
I checked out the garden one and while I do like the looks of it, I guess my 110 would fill that need. Maybe if I'm placing an order somewhere, I'll add one to the bill.

701-E8177-6624-42-F7-B3-DB-693-A98-D8-A719.jpg

I checked out the garden one and while I do like the looks of it, I guess my 110 would fill that need. Maybe if I'm placing an order somewhere, I'll add one to the bill.

Those are great for when you're $10 from free shipping :D

P.S. quit tagging me in every darn good looking knife you find with an orange handle... I've probably already seen it and figured out which organs need to be sold. I do think a BK62 with orange or tigerstripe G10 handles is in my near future. If I can figure out where to get some orange micarta, even better. Tan canvas is about the closest I've found and that's not orange. Getting 2 was a good idea.

Don't know if You could call The GEC #78 a small folding Kephart, but the profile reminds a little of the Kephart.

IMGP6412.JPG

Regards
Mikael

The genesis showed up today and I did what any excited boy would do, put some slippers on, run out into the woods and find something to carve on. Then I let 'em meet that family. I didn't get papa weiler out since it's not a Keppie design but they will meet in future adventures plenty. This was just what I could do in 10 minutes before my lack of proper footwear caught up to me.

I93gVvpl.jpg

s2MAJVYl.jpg

It chews nice
t6KPJmwl.jpg

Nice selection of LT models that seem to be based around the Kephart.
bW1WpB3l.jpg

Brought in the full range of Kephart inspired designs I have. Really like how these feel in hand or dug into a branch.
lTMKBAPl.jpg

Last edited:
Those are great for when you're $10 from free shipping :D

P.S. quit tagging me in every darn good looking knife you find with an orange handle... I've probably already seen it and figured out which organs need to be sold. I do think a BK62 with orange or tigerstripe G10 handles is in my near future. If I can figure out where to get some orange micarta, even better. Tan canvas is about the closest I've found and that's not orange. Getting 2 was a good idea.
I've got an appendix you could have for cheap? o_O

The genesis showed up today and I did what any excited boy would do, put some slippers on, run out into the woods and find something to carve on. Then I let 'em meet that family. I didn't get papa weiler out since it's not a Keppie design but they will meet in future adventures plenty. This was just what I could do in 10 minutes before my lack of proper footwear caught up to me.

I93gVvpl.jpg

s2MAJVYl.jpg

It chews nice
t6KPJmwl.jpg

Nice selection of LT models that seem to be based around the Kephart.
bW1WpB3l.jpg

Brought in the full range of Kephart inspired designs I have. Really like how these feel in hand or dug into a branch.
lTMKBAPl.jpg
NICE FAMILY YOU HAVE THERE.
Is your family complete?

NICE FAMILY YOU HAVE THERE.
Is your family complete?

I'll decide tomorrow I think. At least for Kepharts, that pretty much covers the 3", 4", 5" ranges. There's still that bushcrafter HC I have my eye on a little. A folding kephart might be something but really, the trapper or moose pattern makes more sense. And my moose family should be complete tomorrow ;)

Edit: complete for now... still waiting on the boy. His knife stays in the packaging for now.

Back