LETS SEE THOSE MAGNIFICENT HJ's

Fantastic group there Lostball:cool:

This 2011 "Real Harness Knife" of Charlie's arrived today. Love Harness Jacks and this one sports my all time favorite punch:thumbsup: It's clad in Antique Walnut Jigged Bone and in my opinion this is the same as the 2011 forum knife. I know Barry has a very unique configuration of the two;)

SyAZBh.jpg

lnzDfE.jpg

Duncan's stag version arrived yesterday as well but posting pictures of it would only make his wait worse:p:D

^^^^^^ Paul, That is a beautiful knife. And your photo skills really set that beauty off. I hope another one becomes available in the near future and I'm in the right place at the right time. Really looking forward to Duncan's stag one.

1507247043844275206076.jpg 15072471447801336579030.jpg Group shot of the 3 85 HJs and a photo comparing the punches. Backside of the punches. HJ5 is rounded out back whereas the regular production punch has a 45° bevel on the backside. Of note, (for me at least), the ebony when new had alot of light brown streaks. Over its 6 years it comes out of storage a few times a year and has been handled minimally. Whats the word Charlie uses for the mixed colours of ebony? Anyway, it has matured into a fairly uniform dark handled knife.1507247273724304636606.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet Group Lostball!! :cool:

Feels good to complete a set....don't it!!:thumbsup::D
Lookin good Paul!! :D

Dave

Yes sir it does! Although my experience with GEC is not as extended as alot of folks around here I find that these are beautifully done.

robbobus, thank you for that group shot. Never did catch the fact that they have different punches!!!

I think the #35 Drover is one of my favorite traditional pocketknife configurations. I used that GEC very hard and it never failed. If you guys ever want to let go please PM. I love the awl as my secondary and most likely prefer the double end single spring, but I still have a lot to discover. I’m need to add, the cover we’re sublime, and that added a lot.

Beautiful knives, forumites.

Lostball - my friend- a wonderful full set of some of the nicest ever HJ's that Charlie has produced- the 77's are simply Beautiful- Well done on collecting them all!
Paul - Mate- they are awesome arent they- Man... i can see why Charlie wanted to wake the punch from a massive sleep and reproduce it again- and it worked!!! I cant get over how nice that HJ is matey!:thumbsup:
Robbobus - Sweet User- gets out often too! but you just had to go on a dangle the Stag 85 in front of me didnt you my friend!:D Now you got me waiting !!!:eek: Man- that Stag sets of Charlie's twins beautifully.
Hamsco, Barrett and Travman ...Oh man... I think you have to agree how such a neat carry the HJ9 is- beautifully Slim.....Whew ...shivers still go down my Spine thinking of that wicked Punch sinking so deep into the end of my finger- now I can see why they used that one for Torture!:oops::eek:
Charlie - Now thats a stunner - have you had this for some time? I dont think I got to handle this one did I ?...probably keeping it WELL away from that New Zealander! There's something about New York knives- whenever they come up- they are a stunner, this HJ with a Lock? certainly underlines my statement.
Charlie...Red Paint remains on the Punch? or just lighting?...if so Factory?

Duncan, I have to admit, when the 2016 forum knife was in the works and I saw the style of the punch that was going to be used, I was a little disappointed. It's a little plain looking, and lacks the visual style of, say, the punch from that 2011 Real Harness Knife that Paul shared a few posts up. But when I got the knife in hand, I was immediately impressed. What that punch may lack in visual intrigue, it more than makes up for in sheer pointy-pokey-sharpness! I've found it to be incredibly useful. (I have accidentally jabbed that sucker into my fingertip a few times; it was not pleasant!)

Back