• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Sold All Sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrBC

Gold Member
Sales Information:
  • +18 years of age & know your state's knife laws
  • CONUS preferred. (Shipping to Hawaii, Alaska, or Canada may require additional postage)
  • Payment: PayPal F&F, PayPal G&S (you pay the increased fee), or Zelle
  • Only interested in CPK for trades.
  • First, “I’ll take” gets the blade in most cases.
  • PM or email for payment info.
  • After payment is received, please allow up to two business days for the blade to begin shipping. In most cases, it will be the next day.
  • Item(s) will ship insured via USPS with signature requirements.

Item status:
  • Red = sold
  • Green = sold pending funds (SPF)
  • Black/white = available

Items:

• CPK | DEK1 | Hallow Ground Edge | Hollow Ground Swedge | Satin Finish | Delta 3V | New & Un-used | Scarlet Scales | Shiny Ti Torx fasteners | No Sheath |
  • PayPal Friends & Family: $
  • PayPal Goods & Services: $
  • *Click here for DEK1 pictures*

• CPK | HDFK | Mirror polished 18 dps edge | Acidwashed Finish | Ferro Rod Notch | Delta 3V | Used | Olive Scales | Black Oxidized fasteners | MashedCat Sheath |
  • Notes: This HDFK was purchased on the secondary market. The original owner did not clean the blade and stored it. This caused an area to form pitting towards the tip of the blade. The main pitting hole could maybe fit the tip of a toothpick in it but not even 1mm deep. This blade was also sent to Josh at REK for a Ferro Rod modification in front of the thumb ramp. It throws sparks very well. This blade was acid washed by myself following standard acid washing practices. Lastly, I put a mirror-polished 18dps edge on this HDFK. I have used this knife since finishing the project, but not extensively.
  • *Edit* Use care if you plan to use this HDFK to batton, pry, or beat into oblivion. I have battoned with it since adding the ferro rod modification. I've split knotted logs over 8 in diameter with this blade after the notch was added. The notch raises the risk of damaging the blade if you are acting a complete fool. But it still will not be easily broken.
  • *Click here for HDFK pictures*

• CPK | SDFK | Stonewashed Finish | Delta 3V | New & Un-used | OD Green TeroTuf Scales | MashedCat Sheath |
  • *Click here for SDFK pictures*

Thank you,
BC

Last edited:
DrBC DrBC

Per the rules of the Exchange, insurance is the responsibility of the seller, as it protects the seller from loss.

Screenshot 2024-03-20 5.24.26 PM.png

Also, a member reported the following to staff. If it's accurate, perhaps you should inform the buyer:

Seller should properly inform potential buyers about that modification on the HDFK, and add Nathan's comments on it: "That notch, that deep and in that location, reduces the durability of that knife by a large margin. Due to the proximity to the fuller, I would estimate probably by 50% or worse. The SDFK would have been a better choice for this treatment as would a shallower notch farther up the spine.

This will limit your margin for error when batoning, chopping, prying etc. In my opinion, this loss of functionality is a larger offset than having a dull area on your edge when striking. I personally would only use a ferro rod if I had to and I would not mind a slightly dulled area. But if I was using a ferro rod regularly I would probably carry a piece of hacksaw blade or similar for that purpose." from post: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/show-your-hdfk.1524571/page-46

Blues Blues The listing has been updated :thumbsup: Not trying to hind anything from a potential buyer. This knife is a user and I believe it would still take quite an act to snap the blade in half. Such as leveraging your entire body weight while trying to pry open something that an actual pry bar would be better suited for.

Blues Blues The listing has been updated :thumbsup: Not trying to hind anything from a potential buyer. This knife is a user and I believe it would still take quite an act to snap the blade in half. Such as leveraging your entire body weight while trying to pry open something that an actual pry bar would be better suited for.

Thank you.

I was simply relaying a member's report to staff, and provided the information to be corroborated or disputed...in the best interests of the forum community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back