1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

2. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

M4 Bird & Trout in Natural Micarta

Discussion in 'For Sale: Fixed Blades' started by Robert Erickson, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Robert Erickson

Robert Erickson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 2, 2014
    Gentlemen,
    This is next in line for sale. It's a great little B&T or small hunter in M4 steel. The blade is at RC65 so it's going to cut a loooong time. The handle is natural micarta with an antiqued bronze guard. I used a different type of bronze as a spacer which reacted differently to the antiquing agent for a unique effect. I'm including a pouch style leather sheath for this one.

SPECS:
    OAL: 7.75"
    BLADE: 2.75" long, 0.75" wide. The blade has been finished to 400 grit, etched and tumbled. The grind is compound full flat/convex. The edge is down to 0.008" before sharpening. The spine and choil are rounded for comfort.
    STEEL: 0.098" M4 tool steel heat treated to RC65 including LN cryo.
    HANDLE: Natural micarta with antiqued bronze guard with bronze and black G10 spacers. Bronze pin.
    SHEATH: Pouch style leather included.
    Price: $235 Shipped CONUS, international buyers welcome, shipping extra.
    Paypal, checks or money orders accepted.
    Post "I'll take it" here in this thread and then PM or email me for arrangements.
    Comments/Questions/Critiques welcome.
    Thanks for looking!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ajvail18, woodgood, Béma and 16 others like this.
  2. woodgood

woodgood

Sep 9, 2002
    I like it! Just out of curiosity where is the balance point on this knife?

Robert Erickson likes this.
  3. Robert Erickson

Robert Erickson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 2, 2014
    Thank you! The balance point is right at the bronze pin.

4. bwlacey

bwlacey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 12, 2013
    I really like the usable nature of this knife i.e. the substantial handle to more effectively control the blade. Well done!

Robert Erickson likes this.
  5. Robert Erickson

Feb 2, 2014
    Thank you! Right, just because the blade is small/short doesn't make your hand any smaller, right? :D