SAKs & Other Knives - Carried Together

redsparrow

Gold Member
A SAK is in my pocket nearly everyday. Most often it is paired with a non-SAK but occasionally the second knife is also a Swiss Army Knife. If you do the same thing and would like to show your multiple carries together, post 'em here whether it's a traditional, a modern, a fixed blade or even an additional SAK. Regardless of how many are carried at the same time, if you carry it with a Swiss Army Knife let's show them together. Maybe even discuss what they are and the reasoning for grouping them together.

These two are a fairly typical EDC pair for me. I like having on hand, the variety of tools a SAK contains and my favorite pattern is the two blade opposite end knives, so I enjoy carrying them simultaneously. I find the three different blades of these two knives combined gives a close to ideal cutting tool for virtually any need. Also a Sportsman is just so useful to have in my pocket. :)

Victorinox Sportsman/GEC Churchill
4umSYGL.jpg

I no longer carry anything but Victorinox. So if my EDC executive is teemed up with another knife, its a second SAK. Sometimes my old Wenger SI, sometimes the Vic garden knife if I think I may need increased cutting ability for something. If its going to involve fish slime and bait cutting and hopefully fish cleaning, my old Buck 102 is carried.

Thats it. I'm all SAK as far as pocket knives go.

I no longer carry anything but Victorinox. So if my EDC executive is teemed up with another knife, its a second SAK. Sometimes my old Wenger SI, sometimes the Vic garden knife if I think I may need increased cutting ability for something. If its going to involve fish slime and bait cutting and hopefully fish cleaning, my old Buck 102 is carried.

Thats it. I'm all SAK as far as pocket knives go.
I give you three cheers for that sentiment, Jack. SAKs fill nearly every need. Something an experienced user knows. Post your Wenger SI or Buck 102 if you feel so inclined.

Unfortunately, I’ve never been able to post pics online, and I’m certain that anyone who may be familiar with my posts is probably tired of me always saying the same thing, but my EDC knives are my Executive, and either my Spartan or Pioneer for the second knife. In addition to two SAKs, I also carry a clip knife; for the past 6 months, mostly my Spyderco Manix 2. TBH, I don’t always have uses for the Manix 2 every day, unless I’m at work; but there are always uses for the SAKs, without having to find excuses to use them. Since I’m mostly at home during the lockdown, I haven’t had any uses for the clip knife(s), but the SAKs are still being used every day, even if there’s no need to have them in-pocket (I’m at home in my sweatpants). :)

Jim

Good morning, great combinations posted guys.
Here's two I've carried at the same time just because I thought they look good together. :cool:
Once I have a SAK in my pocket everything else is pretty much just gravy. :)

Tinker in Nylon Covers & Tsuchi in Ebony
h0HHdLs.jpg

I tell ya this, these are both ultra-sharp knives. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
The Mcusta is a wonderful knife, well built and was one of the sharpest knives I've ever seen, right out of the box.

Last edited:
Here's my carry of late. Not to be honest that the tiny fixie can do anything that the SAK can't, actually it's better with wood but that's not a common usage. It is a beautiful knife though, a gift from some good friends and it's fun to carry as I'm not going anywhere anyway so don't have to worry about carry laws.

fixiesak.jpg

Here's two I've carried at the same time just because I thought they look good together. :cool:

h0HHdLs.jpg

The Mcusta is a wonderful knife, well built and was one of the sharpest knives I've ever seen, right out of the box.

Tell me more about the scales on the tinker. How are they fixed to the knife, epoxy?

I'm thinking seriously of replacing the scales on my executive with something nicer.

Here's my carry of late. Not to be honest that the tiny fixie can do anything that the SAK can't, actually it's better with wood but that's not a common usage. It is a beautiful knife though, a gift from some good friends and it's fun to carry as I'm not going anywhere anyway so don't have to worry about carry laws.

fixiesak.jpg

Love this combo! What models are they?

Jeff

Tell me more about the scales on the tinker. How are they fixed to the knife, epoxy?

I'm thinking seriously of replacing the scales on my executive with something nicer.
Carl, the replacement scales are solid nylon, inexpensive and came from an Etsy dealer at;

Edit; oops I almost forgot about posting dealers addresses
I'll send you a PM

They are made to press on like the originals. Mine are an excellent fit (tight). There was no need for an adhesive. When installing them I used a small vice to fully seat them. I'm completely satisfied with mine and definitely recommend them. An Executive would be great with them as replacement scales. Unfortunately you never know what designs colors or sizes are available without checking and the inventory changes often. I'm patiently waiting for a pair of 84mm in red. Best of luck on your search, I'd be very interested in what you find for your Executive. -James

Sparrow I'd love to get that Etsy link as well if you don't mind. Today I was out on some country dirt roads on my mountain bike. Started to hear pinging from the back wheel and realized I had busted a spoke. It was flailing all over trying to stab me, get lodged in my chain etc. Luckily I had my SAK in my backpack. Used one of the tools to bend the rogue spoke around it's neighbor to stabilize it and keep it from doing more damage. As I was working on it this stray dog started approaching me and barking. He didn't look super friendly so I pulled my Kabar Dozier out of my waistband and had it setting there in case he got a little too close. Knives are awesome and even BETTER when they save the day!
Untitled by Six Pound Cat, on Flickr
Carl, the replacement scales are solid nylon, inexpensive and came from an Etsy dealer at;

Edit; oops I almost forgot about posting dealers addresses
I'll send you a PM

They are made to press on like the originals. Mine are an excellent fit (tight). There was no need for an adhesive. When installing them I used a small vice to fully seat them. I'm completely satisfied with mine and definitely recommend them. An Executive would be great with them as replacement scales. Unfortunately you never know what designs colors or sizes are available without checking and the inventory changes often. I'm patiently waiting for a pair of 84mm in red. Best of luck on your search, I'd be very interested in what you find for your Executive. -James[/QUOTE

Sparrow I'd love to get that Etsy link as well if you don't mind. Today I was out on some country dirt roads on my mountain bike. Started to hear pinging from the back wheel and realized I had busted a spoke. It was flailing all over trying to stab me, get lodged in my chain etc. Luckily I had my SAK in my backpack. Used one of the tools to bend the rogue spoke around it's neighbor to stabilize it and keep it from doing more damage. As I was working on it this stray dog started approaching me and barking. He didn't look super friendly so I pulled my Kabar Dozier out of my waistband and had it setting there in case he got a little too close. Knives are awesome and even BETTER when they save the day!
Sending you a PM. Good to see the spoke problem was solved and that you remained safe and healthy enough to post about it! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Two adages come to mind; the right tool for the job and be prepared. :)

Another fix is to bend the spoke into a crank shape and crank it out of the nipple.

h0HHdLs.jpg

Very NICE James:thumbsup: Would you be so kind to send me the etsy link as well?

I pair more time with a traditional slipjoint and the occasional modern locking knife:)
k386Od.jpg

U2tluF.jpg

Back