Savanna Bronica cigarette lighter....awesome bit of kit....

Kohai999

Second Degree Cutter
These were made in the '80's in Japan, and I picked up one for about $40.00 in 1986. Bronica was a lesser known cigarette lighter company.

The motion picture "First Blood" led many knife companies to come out with new versions of the survival knife and some of the gizmos inspired other companies to come up with "me too" products.

This lighter body and element are finely crafted of brass. The case has an olive drab lacquer coating, and the sides are ribbed rubber, which has gotten a bit sticky with time.....but has not liquified either. The screws assembling the case are tiny steel phillips head, and they are timed for the most part.

The lighter element uses regular lighter fluid, and has a spring loaded closure similar in operation to a Zippo, but it runs on a strut with a coil spring instead of an eccentric cam with a leaf spring.

The "Survival tool" is about an 1 1/2" tall by 7/8" w. It is made of decent stainless steel and features two screwdrivers, a knife edge, bottle opener, some metric hex wrenches and a ruler. It is held in the kangaroo pouch via leaf spring tension. They are not made anymore, and there are a few for sale on the web in various places.

I really like mine, was just playing around with it the other day, and it is holding up pretty well. Everything functions.

2niy73n.jpg

2as4s5.jpg

Is there anything else out there like this?

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Charlie Mike has gone through some monster lighters. I don't recall any as interesting as yours.

I have a similar survival tool from 1975.

neat how that tool card idea is making a comeback, although I suspect yours actually does something. Some ideas never go away. I would never have thought of a survival card stuck to a lighter like that, its such and odd idea to me.

Charlie Mike has gone through some monster lighters. I don't recall any as interesting as yours.

I have a similar survival tool from 1975.

[video=youtube;U4rLiFM1luo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4rLiFM1luo[/video]

I've never seen one of those before, that's a cool piece of kit.

Bruceter

Back