Attention The CPK - Buy, Sell & Trade thread - Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
First and foremost. Please minimize chat in this particular thread. There are a bunch of people subscribed to this thread who get a notification when someone posts to it and off-topic posts (posts that aren't buying, selling or trading) harm the signal-to-noise ratio and harm my calm.

Well you first cited my original question which was about the going price for an hdfk which I don't believe would be a violation. As for the 2nd post about a trade, well you got me there. But of course that was after the fact. But hey, good eye on spotting a violation. Good on ya! And thanks again!

CataD is doing me and everyone else here a favor. I'll explain.

This thread has over 2 million views. It's a very popular thread. It is also always in risk of being shut down because it is a commerce thread that falls outside of the normal commerce areas of Blade Forums. It shouldn't be here but the powers that be allow it because I have fabulous hair and it isn't causing extra work for the super moderators or causing problems for the site. So we tread the line and police it ourselves.

1: If registered users are violating Blade Forums rules here on this under-the-radar sales thread that is a problem for the site. If ignored it will eventually get it closed down.

2: If not ignored, but it's reported it is extra work for the SMs and could eventually get it closed down.

3: If someone innocently transgresses the clearly worded and easy to find BF rules on the matter and someone else like CataD is kind enough to simply inform you of the relevant rules this allows YOU to address the issue without involving anybody else. The correct response here is to address the issue, say "thank you", and move on. Not clutter up the place and call someone who is trying to help you, me and everyone else a "hall monitor".

This is not the correct thread to inquire about the going price for an HDFK. This thread is to buy, sell and trade. And with your membership you may only buy or accept a trade with someone who DOES have the appropriate membership to list something for trade. <---- those two things are the only appropriate use of this particular thread for a registered user.

And even though you apparently don't have an HDFK for trade, just asking this question violates a BF rule simply because it has been specifically identified as the loaded question registered users ask when trying to skirt the rules on selling without a membership. It is a common problem so there's a rule against it. If you don't understand why that rule should apply to you please see point #1 above.

Bladeforums is not a free service. This site is paid for primarily by user subscriptions. The other business model (employed by facebook etc) is to generate their income by selling user data. In that model you are the product. Here the site is the product. I prefer the model where I pay to play and that's how this forum operates.

You can be a registered user for free but if you're engaging in commerce here you need to buy an appropriate membership.

Please do not reply to this post. Any more of this discussion should be done by private message. Lets leave this particular thread clean and uncluttered with off topic posts. Thank you.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I have a Pirtlemade dagger sheath that I’d like to pass along.
Sold to steelcitysixteen. Thanks for looking
gtEX24J.jpg

WeZiMH3.jpg

Last edited:
Looking for a NIB boot dagger (linen micarta and non-blued fasteners preferred but not a requirement).

I've been following the knife community since 2011 and own very few knives. Nothing has caught my interest as much as Nathan's work. My first post after almost 8 years was for a Friday sale DEK1 and my second was for a boot dagger last Friday (didn't get it). I'd hate to miss out on it - PM me or post a message on my profile if you have second thoughts on your dagger.

Last edited:
Must be 18 and know your local laws. Prices include PayPal fees and shipping, CONUS only. Please PM any questions.

EDC2 in Delta 3V. Mint, unused. This one was from a Fun Friday Sale. "Satin" ground finish. Black linen unbuffed scales. Mashed Cat grey taco kydex. $Sold

EDC1 in Delta 3V. Mint, unused. Black linen unbuffed EDC2 scales. Mashed Cat grey taco kydex. $Sold

Utility Fighter. Delta 3V. Mint, unused. Double black buffed micarta with red liners. Mashed Cat kydex with tekloc. $Sold

DEK1 kydex with tekloc. $30
FK2 kydex with dangler. $30

akOPSA.jpg

Qys7qh.jpg

kJtySe.jpg

boWNKq.jpg

HuOnJJ.jpg

mJFbev.jpg

2YW9TN.jpg

UBJDXz.jpg

Last edited:
I know we have some Spyderco fans here. I have one of the highly elusive new Z-Wear Shamans NIB I will trade (plus cash or others Spydercos...OD Green Cruwear Delica anyone?) towards an HDFK or 10" Chopper (Light, Medium, HD). Hopefully this will help sweeten the pot and get an HDFK back into my hands. ;)

Hey everybody, I'm looking for an FK2 with unbuffed natural micarta scales. If you've got one you're willing to sale, please let me know. Also...if you're not sure about selling or wondering why you would sell...I highly recommend checking out the checking out What's is in the Works at CPK?...it might help you find a reason to need a bit of extra cash.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back