1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

The CPK - Buy, Sell and Trade thread

Discussion in 'Carothers Performance Knives' started by Nathan the Machinist, Dec 10, 2016.

1. ManOfSteel89

ManOfSteel89 Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2012
    If I buy that one I'll likely be selling the micarta one I have.

2. Hunter8

Hunter8

Oct 29, 2012
  3. ManOfSteel89

May 20, 2012

Will do once I get a PM or email back from him.

4. betzner

betzner CenCal Coast Platinum Member

Jan 23, 2007
    Shouldn't the price be listed if an item is for sale? How can someone say I'll take it, then qualify the statement?

One could make a case for saying "I'll take every knife listed for sale in this thread that is not priced", wait for pricing, then back off if the pricing was unacceptable, once it's known from pm exchanges. Requiring pricing in the listing eliminates this issue, and in fact is a requirement in the BF Exchange.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  5. ManOfSteel89

May 20, 2012
    Because if it was a reasonable price I was the first to respond about the item that had no price. You can make a case for whatever you want I suppose. If there was a price in there I would've taken it. But there wasn't so I did the next best thing. He said he's looking for a trade and he's giving me first dibs if he decides on a number. Hope that's alright.

6. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2016
    I've seen this on a few posts now. Maybe Nathan could weigh in and provide a bit of clarity on some ground rules that would serve this group. Seems like an asking price if you are willing to entertain a straight sale would be appropriate. It's required in the regular sales area.

7. betzner

Jan 23, 2007
    In absolute agreement.

8. betzner

Jan 23, 2007
    Hey, no biggie, it's only a knife, lol

9. ExtraBaconPlease

ExtraBaconPlease

Mar 8, 2016
    I'll trade you my Rodent Rucki for it?

Desert Sage coating, Tan Micarta handles

Used, sharpened and ready to go!

10. on_the_edge

on_the_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Any/every subforum here requires a price if you say a knife is for sale. I don't know why this one would be any different. If you don't want to sell it, don't say it is for sale. If you are willing to sell it, you should have a price in mind.

11. PharetH

PharetH Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 2, 2016
    I edited my post and removed the 'FS'. I (wrongfully) assumed the price requirement was only for the Exchange, and upon second glance at the rules I have fixed my post. Sorry all.

12. Shark01

Shark01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2015
    I would be interested in this. PM me.

13. Karoi

Karoi Unobtanium Member Gold Member

Sep 7, 2014
    Would really like to buy a field knife, or trade for one.

14. JustinFournier

JustinFournier Gold Member Gold Member

May 7, 2012
    Withdrawn.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  15. gusbuster

gusbuster Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2011
    I'll take it

16. ExtraBaconPlease

ExtraBaconPlease

Mar 8, 2016
    PM sent........

Edit: Actually no :foot: I am trying to get rid of blades, not acquire more :( I'm sure others are dying to score one !

17. TRfromMT

TRfromMT Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2016
    C'mon! Someone around here must need a little Christmas cash+plus.

12/21 Edit to say: BOOMSHAKALAKA!!! Done deal with one fine member here and an EDC is coming my way!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  18. wtlj

wtlj

Jun 30, 2014
    I just couldn't take it any longer! I'm EXTREMELY EXCITED!

19. ExtraBaconPlease

ExtraBaconPlease

Mar 8, 2016
    withdrawn

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  20. LukeTheSpook

LukeTheSpook

Jan 2, 2015
    Looking for an EDC for a Christmas present to myself. I have plenty of cool knives and cash.