1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

The Road To Fiddleback Friday: How The Knives Are Made (VERY Photo Heavy)

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by B Griffin, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Scotcha

Scotcha

Oct 25, 2013
    I love going through this thread with my 6 year old son. Amazing how much goes into making one of these gems.

2. B Griffin

B Griffin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    Yes, there are a lot of steps. It took a few days to capture them all as well as I could.

3. B Griffin

Dec 22, 2007
    I'm really glad to see the pictures are working again in this post. For a few I thought I was going to have to re-write it all.

varga49, PolRoger and Bmurray like this.
  4. B Griffin

Dec 22, 2007
    I still haven't gotten into video yet, but this remains my fav documentary I've done so far :)

What isn't really obvious in these photos is that all of them were taken from further away than anyone likely realizes...at least 12 to 15 feet and in some cases double and triple that, in low light, and not using any auto settings except the auto focus a lot of the time on this shoot. I stayed back as far as I could and still get the shot to keep from interfering with them as they were doing their work

NScout and jaz322 like this.
  5. B Griffin

Dec 22, 2007