The SR-3V RatManDu Is Coming Friday May 26, 2023 At 9:00 PM Eastern!!!!!!!

VooDooWitchDoctor

Swamp Rat is excited to introduce the RatManDu in their high-performance SR-3V steel!

It is coming to the Busse Combat Website this Friday, May 26, 2023, at 9:00 PM Eastern

We have been working around the clock to bring this project to fruition and we have scored big-time!

Combining Swamp Rat's SR Heat Treat protocol on CPM-3V steel with the now legendary RatManDu model brings an action-thirsty blade that begs to be shown how much you love it through heavy abuse!

Swamp Rat 3VMandu Specs:
Blade Length: Approx. 5 3/8"
Overall Length: Approx. 10 3/8"
Blade thickness: Approx. 3/16"
Blade Finish Options: Stonewashed and Coated
Handle Options: Canvas Micarta and G-10
Steel: SR-3V (CPM-3V with Swamp Rat's Proprietary Heat Treat Protocol)
Hardness: 61-63 Rc
Bevel: Flat Sabre

Base Prices:
Coated: $268.95
Stonewashed: $298.95

Handle Options:

Black Canvas Micarta
Tan Canvas Micarta
Green Canvas Micarta
Black G-10 + $40
Tan and Black G-10 + $55
Orange and Black G-10 + 55
Red and Black G-10 + 55
Green and Black G-10 + 55
Blue and Black G-10 + 55

Blade Coating Options:
Black
Desert Sage
Forest Green
Muddy Brown
Hammered Silver
Midnight Blue
Bronze

There is an optional Danny The Bull Sheath available for $44.95. with a special offer of $34.95 you save $10.00 Free Shipping & Handling is included if shipped with your knife.

Please Note:
- Production will take 6 to 10 weeks.
- Orders require one of the following; A $75 Down Payment due at the time of order with the balance due upon completion, OR Fully prepaid.
- You can cancel your order at any time and get a full refund. Repeated cancellations may make you ineligible to place additional pre-orders.

3V RatManDu Stonewashed Grate Border.jpg3V RatManDu Coated Grate.jpg

Last edited:
By the way, I miss the maroon canvas! Noticed it missing in the last couple offerings.

I think I may go Green Micarta with stonewashed and Tan Micarta with Forest Green.
(I have an original Maroon with Midnight Blue that I love.. would’ve liked to make it a twin.)

Although…. Bronze and Black canvas is also tempting. The latest batch of black canvas has been sooo nice in deeply rich black. (Vs what used to be more salt/pepper.)

By the way, I miss the maroon canvas! Noticed it missing in the last couple offerings.

I think I may go Green Micarta with stonewashed and Tan Micarta with Forest Green.
(I have an original Maroon with Midnight Blue that I love.. would’ve liked to make it a twin.)

Although…. Bronze and Black canvas is also tempting. The latest batch of black canvas has been sooo nice in deeply rich black. (Vs what used to be more salt/pepper.)
Is that the new black micarta in the picture? I have a few old Salt n Pepper, but may need one of the new black as well 🍺

Last edited:
Lookin good!

And higher hardness too! Very cool! That's going to make one sweet blade.

Looking forward to hearing how people find this 3V improves upon INFI once they can put it to the test.

I’m going for green canvas on muddy. Probably with a bull sheath too. Thanks to all who worked on this. Well done!

If that pic is, in fact, black micarta, might have to go that route....with bronze maybe. Maybe that's crazy but it seems like it would look good.

Am I reading the prices correctly? The stonewashed version costs what the hand applied satin INFI Full Height Flat Grind Ratmandu cost just a few years ago.

Now... I get inflation is a thing which becomes more relevant by the day but something seems a bit off here. Why not just use INFI at that price? If there's no INFI to be had then why not use 50100B at half the price?? It would have been an easy YES at the 50100B pricing but this is a tough pill to swallow at double the price. I'm sure they'll sell like hotcakes but it doesn't seem to jive with the old Swamp Rat price-to-performance model from years past. The loss of SR-101 weighs heavy indeed.

Am I reading the prices correctly? The stonewashed version costs what the hand applied satin INFI Full Height Flat Grind Ratmandu cost just a few years ago.

Now... I get inflation is a thing which becomes more relevant by the day but something seems a bit off here. Why not just use INFI at that price? If there's no INFI to be had then why not use 50100B at half the price?? It would have been an easy YES at the 50100B pricing but this is a tough pill to swallow at double the price. I'm sure they'll sell like hotcakes but it doesn't seem to jive with the old Swamp Rat price-to-performance model from years past. The loss of SR-101 weighs heavy indeed.

Well, I paid quite a bit more when I bought your Crabmandu, I remember :) Make no mistake, I still love that knife ....

Well, I paid quite a bit more when I bought your Crabmandu, I remember :) Make no mistake, I still love that knife ....

Yes, indeed as that was a Custom Shop beauty with bloodwood. I'd still pay what you bought it for to get it back and I do miss that one for sure. The standard micarta FHFG Infimandu was $297 though....hmm.

I didn't say I won't get one but I may struggle to put one in my cart for a while after they go live, lol.

Back