• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Western Gyuto in 52100 and Ironwood 170 x 48 mm - Sold!

Up for sale, this western handled Gyuto in 52100 and some nice grained Ironwood with brass bolts.
Ground is thin convex, thin at the tip, and grind was taken to zero so it's thin behind the edge.
Should be an excellent prep knife.

52100 carbon steel at 62 hardness.
170 by 48 mm.
Full distal taper. Spine starts at 2.75mm down to 1.65 about 2 inches from tip.

This one is very nice but there is a blemish on the blade. It is very small and not really noticeable, but I am going to offer this at a reduced price. You can see the mark on the handle / choil shot, right above the choil.

$195.00 $170 plus shipping.

WGyuto-1.jpg
WGyuto-2.jpg
WGyuto-3.jpg
WGyuto-4.jpg
WGyuto-5.jpg
WGyuto-6.jpg

WGyuto-7.jpg

Last edited:
This one has been a long time in the making....
Highly figured ironwood on AEBL Blade @62 Rockwell hardness. Brass bolts.
My personal dream fillet knife.

6.5 inch actual cutting blade, 12 inches overall length.
It has some flex on the tip end, but I am not a big fan of flimsy fillet knives. I feel there is more control in a bit stiffer blade.
The choil is such that you can place a finger there for finesse cuts.

SOLD! Asking $265 plus shipping.
A custom sheath is a possible extra.

Fillet-1a.jpg
Fillet-2.jpg
Fillet-3.jpg
Fillet-4.jpg
Fillet-5.jpg
Fillet-6.jpg
Fillet-7.jpg
Fillet-8.jpg
Fillet-9.jpg

Last edited:
Great to see you still putting out some knives Mark! Two beauties here for sure.

Nice work Sir. Fillet knife looks especially good. I'm an avid angler and sometimes I keep something for the plate. Need the thin blade!

Nice work Sir. Fillet knife looks especially good. I'm an avid angler and sometimes I keep something for the plate. Need the thin blade!

Thank you Franco. I think that may have been my most admired blade I've made to date. I plan to make a few more of that model this year sometime. I'm going to keep one of them! :)

Back