Fixed Blade & Folder Combo

i1XZGND.jpg

Lon Humphrey Bird and Trout, Gec 93, Copenhagen, filthy desk

15864395320364175974073039654180.jpg

Pretty basic set up as always. My Inkosi is my always edc folder. I can't stand to not have a multitool on me. While a pocket knife is part of my kit, my MT is part of my being;) I will walk around the house in pocketless gym shorts and still keep a Leatherman clipped to my waistband.

The Mora Robust is purpose driven today. I have a messy cutting job taking out some vinyl later on. The Mora is honed super sharp and is easy to bring back to hair popping after a days work. On top of that, I will be working around a lot of sand and grit so I don't want to use a folder. Finally, the Robust costs about 13 bucks, so who cares if I bugger it up.

Juggled plenty of knives at work today. For folders I had a ZT804, Kubey Raven & a CRKT Windage (well made but weird clip position, seems like it will be destined to reside in a dedicated knife pocket); fixed were a black BK18, a custom handled Tops Bob & a stacked leather/synthetic handle 6" clip point I finished recently.

Quick pics yesterday, traded the 804 for a Civivi Asticus and the Windage for an Artisan Shark in S35; added other fix I made that had at the office:

GT5TvmQ.jpg

Jt6VXM8.jpg

abArjLG.jpg

iKzcjhO.jpg

2 more at hand, an ANV in a drop leg and an old Iher (original name of Aitor) that had a quick makeover (couple of new spacers):

dGG7O33.jpg

8vf4sDO.jpg

Quick pics yesterday, traded the 804 for a Civivi Asticus and the Windage for an Artisan Shark in S35; added other fix I made that had at the office:

GT5TvmQ.jpg

Jt6VXM8.jpg

abArjLG.jpg

iKzcjhO.jpg

2 more at hand, an ANV in a drop leg and an old Iher (original name of Aitor) that had a quick makeover (couple of new spacers):

dGG7O33.jpg

8vf4sDO.jpg

I just recently picked up the Civivi Asticus and it is a joy to carry. It’s nice and light weight, opens and locks up like a dream, slices ever sooo nicely, has a great blade and overall profile, and has a true deep carry pocket clip too, that all but disappears in your pocket. Compared to my usual heavier duty carries, I all but forget I’m carrying the Asticus. I hope you will enjoy yours as much as I do mine.
View attachment 1319245

Mini Fox River + Buck501 Squire,
Wood&Micarta.
jb9kMcS.jpg
Between your different Bark River’s Arian29 Arian29 & @TheFactor Bark River’s, I have decided that my next good fixed blade will be a Bark River too. I’ve done quite a bit of research on them and the different models both pro’s and con’s. I’ve narrowed it down somewhat, but they really have such a great selection it’s not easy. Perhaps it will be 2, as that will then cover both ends of the spectrum for my needs (not wants, haha).

Between your different Bark River’s Arian29 Arian29 & @TheFactor Bark River’s, I have decided that my next good fixed blade will be a Bark River too. I’ve done quite a bit of research on them and the different models both pro’s and con’s. I’ve narrowed it down somewhat, but they really have such a great selection it’s not easy. Perhaps it will be 2, as that will then cover both ends of the spectrum for my needs (not wants, haha).
Many Thanks,
Bark River has so many different models, I’m sure you’ll find the ones to your liking.
Cheers,
Aryan

Back