Whatcha listnin to oo oo?

sad day for FNM fans :(

I didn't like much of the music that got played in the house while I was growing up but I was always happy when Johnny Horton came up.

Closest I ever got to hanging with a real band..

Click the link if you like some briefly not-popular metal music. I loved the shit out of these guys. I had a bum leg shortly after I got to my unit in the 82nd Airborne (I threw my medical paperwork out the bus window with my stress fractures on the way to Ft. Bragg, you don't want to show up a broke dick) and got stuck in the arms room after my stress fracture shattered my fibula on my first day at work. I loved being an armorer while being an infantry dude, I got to go on all the cool training while playing with the new toys and no one blinked an eye when a guy misfired an M240B in my armsroom and I vaulted my desk, bounced him off the walls, and drug him up to his platoon sergeant by his throat. To be fair, that M240 was trained towards my balls, so nobody bitched much. And I didn't kill him. Quite.

Anyways, this band had a special thing. We had an old bastard (he was 29-32) that we treated like porcelain in our ops office. Great dude, he was all heart. He'd go jump in on our hardest run, hardest road march, beg for a spot in the Shugart-Gordon shoothouse. Dude couldn't run, couldn't ruck, couldn't shoot after a run, but damned if he'd ever quit. He had the heart of a goddamn lion. He bitched about how he didn't have the energy to hang with the rest of us. He was dead within two months of leaving the military. Some kind of blood cancer bullshit, he should've been dead long before he left. I'm just glad I never busted his balls and we tried to get high on Robotussin one night and played Diablo on our buddy's Playstation. I think I threw up my toenails that night but he was good.

Anyways.. Jesus.. back to the music. Suchecki was his name, and he played guitar for this Ultraspank band with them, they weren't going anywhere, so he joined the army. Then they got signed by (according to him) Electra. Then he started showing off CD's from his band. It was awesome. He was so happy. When he left us he was going home to SoCal to reconnect with them. We went on a couple trips where the band was jumping all over Suckecki so I think it just had to be real. I reached out through some social media shit a while ago to Pete Murray to confirm that Suchecki was gone. Between the band and a former dude I think it had to be true. Shitty. Anyways, words, derr.

Closest I ever got to hanging with a real band..

Click the link if you like some briefly not-popular metal music. I loved the shit out of these guys. I had a bum leg shortly after I got to my unit in the 82nd Airborne (I threw my medical paperwork out the bus window with my stress fractures on the way to Ft. Bragg, you don't want to show up a broke dick) and got stuck in the arms room after my stress fracture shattered my fibula on my first day at work. I loved being an armorer while being an infantry dude, I got to go on all the cool training while playing with the new toys and no one blinked an eye when a guy misfired an M240B in my armsroom and I vaulted my desk, bounced him off the walls, and drug him up to his platoon sergeant by his throat. To be fair, that M240 was trained towards my balls, so nobody bitched much. And I didn't kill him. Quite.

Anyways, this band had a special thing. We had an old bastard (he was 29-32) that we treated like porcelain in our ops office. Great dude, he was all heart. He'd go jump in on our hardest run, hardest road march, beg for a spot in the Shugart-Gordon shoothouse. Dude couldn't run, couldn't ruck, couldn't shoot after a run, but damned if he'd ever quit. He had the heart of a goddamn lion. He bitched about how he didn't have the energy to hang with the rest of us. He was dead within two months of leaving the military. Some kind of blood cancer bullshit, he should've been dead long before he left. I'm just glad I never busted his balls and we tried to get high on Robotussin one night and played Diablo on our buddy's Playstation. I think I threw up my toenails that night but he was good.

Anyways.. Jesus.. back to the music. Suchecki was his name, and he played guitar for this Ultraspank band with them, they weren't going anywhere, so he joined the army. Then they got signed by (according to him) Electra. Then he started showing off CD's from his band. It was awesome. He was so happy. When he left us he was going home to SoCal to reconnect with them. We went on a couple trips where the band was jumping all over Suckecki so I think it just had to be real. I reached out through some social media shit a while ago to Pete Murray to confirm that Suchecki was gone. Between the band and a former dude I think it had to be true. Shitty. Anyways, words, derr.

Nice write up, story time with Uncle Grogy! Sorry about your leg though!!

Sounds like something I used to listen to while kitting up. Basically never listen to that kinda stuff any more with wife and kids around now. I’ve heard the My little Pony theme song about 100 time out of the last 110 songs though, so that’s pretty good right?

Here it is so you can enjoy it too!!

Nice write up, story time with Uncle Grogy! Sorry about your leg though!!

Sounds like something I used to listen to while kitting up. Basically never listen to that kinda stuff any more with wife and kids around now. I’ve heard the My little Pony theme song about 100 time out of the last 110 songs though, so that’s pretty good right?

Here it is so you can enjoy it too!!

I figured since I took the night off and jabbered on too much I should at least listen to your song. Ever excruciating second of it. :eek:

Back