Which Spyderco are you carrying today?

Officer's Match

Gold Member
Like that patina, wonder if it will get some green. Is the weight of it a +/- for you? I don't mind mine at all, in fact I kinda like it. I have surprised a few people with it, always positive comments(so far anyway).
It is counter intuitive to me, but I like it a LOT better with the extra heft. I've never been able to bond with the light G10 PM2, even though I've owned them on and off over the years. I LOVE this one.

Knives&Lint

F everything and become a pirate
Platinum Member
hxifJKS.jpg

Knives&Lint

F everything and become a pirate
Platinum Member
Wow...That Shark Leash brings back some memories!

Hell yeah man! Growing up in the 80's in a beach town I remember when the Freestyle shark on a shark leash was the thing to have. I got nostalgic about them earlier this year, looked them up, and sure enough they are still making them. Then I noticed that they sell the extra straps and that they are 20mm and I just had to pick a few up. Funny thing is, they've ended up becoming some of my favorite straps for the summer, and have got way more wrist time than I expected. Plus they've been getting more compliments then I've ever got for my watches. I also just dig something about the idea of a fine Swiss timepiece on a funky colored velcro strap from an 80's digital surf watch.

bigolegator

Gold Member
Hell yeah man! Growing up in the 80's in a beach town I remember when the Freestyle shark on a shark leash was the thing to have. I got nostalgic about them earlier this year, looked them up, and sure enough they are still making them. Then I noticed that they sell the extra straps and that they are 20mm and I just had to pick a few up. Funny thing is, they've ended up becoming some of my favorite straps for the summer, and have got way more wrist time than I expected. Plus they've been getting more compliments then I've ever got for my watches. I also just dig something about the idea of a fine Swiss timepiece on a funky colored velcro strap from an 80's digital surf watch.
I wore one of those back in the day also, haven’t seen one in awhile….beach town 80s and 90s 👍🏻