2012 Schatt and Morgan Heritage series

I like the swedge and pull on that cattle knife! Does the tang on the woodsman seem too big to you guys or is just me??

No it looks sort of odd I must admit. What about the wishy washy bone color too? The last few bone offerings from queen have had very pale bone color.

Russell

Apparently the blade finish will be the same as last years' knives. Would someone please describe the finish to me? Is it simply a satin type finish or is it more like Case's "as ground" finish?

On my single-blade Heritage from 2011, it has a brushed matte finish(or did...) similar to the Tidioutes. i like it.

Hard to say from the pix I've seen, but I don't regard the bone colour as too pale, like that myself. The tang DOES look disproportionally large though, could be blade from other patterns? The frame for the Woodsman looks like the Forum Knife from 2 years ago.

Regards, Will

On my single-blade Heritage from 2011, it has a brushed matte finish(or did...) similar to the Tidioutes. i like it.

Hard to say from the pix I've seen, but I don't regard the bone colour as too pale, like that myself. The tang DOES look disproportionally large though, could be blade from other patterns? The frame for the Woodsman looks like the Forum Knife from 2 years ago.

Regards, Will

Thanks, Will! I was hoping it was that type of finish. I would like that finish too.

The Woodsman looks nice but that tang does look strangely oversize.

And what's the fascination with pinched bolsters these days? Seems like they're everywhere. :grumpy:

And what's the fascination with pinched bolsters these days? Seems like they're everywhere. :grumpy:

Are they pinched? I thought it was just a reflection. If they are replicas from page 34 of the catalog then they should not have pinched bolsters.

I agree with Rick. I don't think the bolsters are pinched. I might pick up one of the cattle knives.... the swedge and long pull on the sheepfoot is cool.

Hard to tell from the picture but maybe they aren't? I woudn't mind being wrong about this one.

I thought the same thing about the tang on the Woodsman. I'm getting a Cattle knife in ebony. I love that S&M is offering some carbon steel knives.

Yes, I would really like to see how the Cattle knife looks closed. Particularly how far up the spine of the sheepsfoot blade goes.

I received my Ebony Cattleman today. Overall it's a pretty good knife. Backsprings are downright stiff and the joints need flushed out and re-lubed but I like the pattern a lot. Minor gaps in the backsprings but nothing serious. Not quite as bad as my pic implies.

I have no complaints whatsoever about the price. Very reasonable.

Seems to be a well made knife otherwise. Generally speaking, I'm happy with the knife. Look at that big ole' sheepsfoot blade.:D:thumbup:

IMG_1809.jpg

IMG_1810.jpg

IMG_1815.jpg

IMG_1811.jpg

IMG_1812.jpg

IMG_1816.jpg

IMG_1813.jpg

That is a nice one.
Several of the 2012 models seem to have wider blades. I like those a lot.

Rick, is that a trick of the lighting or is the Sheepsfoot blade swedged?

That is a nice one.
Several of the 2012 models seem to have wider blades. I like those a lot.

Rick, is that a trick of the lighting or is the Sheepsfoot blade swedged?

Frank, yep, it's swedged. In fact all the blades are. Well maybe.:confused: I didn't take a pic of the pen blade but it has something on one side only that resembles a swedge to me.

I received my cattle knife today........Not happy at all. The main blade has been sharpened with a distinct curve along the edge. All of the swedges have been buffed to much and have waves in them. Looks much different than the one above.
It is a disgrace to have the Schatt and Morgan name on it.

This will be going back to Titusville........I will get some pic's tomorrow evening.

Russell

Back