A New Folder from CRK

Another thing to add about the O-ring. I assume that it would cut down on the metal to metal contact and therefore increase the lifespan of the lockup by a lifetime because you could just replace the o-ring over and over again.

The O-ring may turn out to be a good thing.....but I'm still on the glass-breaker bandwagon.:grumpy::p

ahhh...pictures against a large reg.

As I added in the other thread; Not too hot on the glass-breaker. Not that it is bad but I feel that it is a little out of place on a CRK folder. Maybe it is just me. The blade shape is great...for the most part. I don't know if the wave part is useful or just for looks. I can deal with useful (stabbing maybe) but from a look standpoint I'm not sure. The grooves are nice, I would say great but I can't feel them. I believe they will add just enough grip to the right places on a folder. And I really like the fact that they are both sides including the lock-bar.:thumbup: The O-rings are making sense the more I think about them. Unless they don't "feel" right on the thumb.

Bottom line is I think it will grow on me. The more I see and think about it the better chance I will order one. Add in some reviews from owners and that maybe just push me to the edge.:p

It's hard to tell against that background, but I see a lot of the old "regular" Sebenza in the handle, as well as some Harsey in handle and blade. This is the big military folder some people thought he might come up with -- but it's a CRK big military Sebenza, not a Harsey. I am pleased he named it after me. :p

In all seriousness, this is a great addition to the line-up.
Thank you, RL. Thank you, Neil. It has been worth the wait.

I see it too :D. I wounder how much it cost so i can start saving. :rolleyes:

I handled one today at BLADE and I really liked it. Not to sold on the glassbreaker, but overall I liked it. Only problem I had was that Umnunzaan is not as easy to say as Sebenza.

I Like:

shape of body

large pivot

perferated washers

Size

I don't like

Shape of blade

use of a synthetic material (polyurethane on thumb stud). I am a lifetime fan of wood and metal. I dont even like the inlayed sebs because they use vhb tape to secure the inlay

THE NAME! when someone asks you what kind of knife it is...they might feel insulted for a moment or something

I handled the knife yesterday. Handle ego's and blade our very nice. I could do without the checkering on the handles.
The only downside is the tools to take it apart or sold separately. Price according to Mrs Reeve around $400.00. Knives should ship around September and Left Hand knives sometime after that. Larry

I handled the knife yesterday. Handle ego's and blade our very nice. I could do without the checkering on the handles.
The only downside is the tools to take it apart or sold separately. Price according to Mrs Reeve around $400.00. Knives should ship around September and Left Hand knives sometime after that. Larry

What, $400 for the tools? :eek:
That would be more than a downside :D

I guess my real issue is that I was hoping for something "different." There are already other two-sided Ti handled, S30V bladed knives in the CR lineup (regular, classic, as well as the new 21). Great design, but we already have that option. I was looking for maybe some G10, a liner lock, a flipper, an ergonomic grip--anything "different."

Has anyone found out if there is the pivot bushing yet? I would think so, but it hasn't been mentioned yet, has it?
If the knife doesn't come out in a smaller version, the chances of me getting one are pretty much nil. It's not that it's a huge knife, but to this point, I've never been "under-knifed" with a 3" blade.
On a side note: Does anyone know if Regular blades would still be available to purchase?

Can anyone confirm if this new one has the pivot bushing? (Maybe mchenrytl?)

And does anyone know when the 21s will be ready to ship?

Thanks.

Hmmm....well now. I'm intrigued by the new design features, but unfortunately this new model doesn't trump the Sebenzas in my opinion. Different but not enough to make me want to check one out. If they produce a smaller version I may purchase one. Don't like the glass breaker feature...at all. The blade shape is okay with me and is somewhat similar to some of the Terzuolas.

I like the new design, but don't see it as a replacement to the Sebenza. They could produce both as they appear to appeal to different markets, but that is tougher logistically and from a business perspective. I'm sure I'll order one anyway.

As to the glass breaker: it doesn't have to be sharp to work; it only needs to protrude enough to be a nucleation point to compromise overall glass integrity. I think it is a good idea given the number of people who have driven their cars into bodies of water following their GPS unit's directions. Better to have and not need, than need and not have!

I wish they would get rid of the glass breaker. THAT is a deal breaker for me, as I will NOT be getting one. I am disappointed.

I wish they would get rid of the glass breaker. THAT is a deal breaker for me, as I will NOT be getting one. I am disappointed.

funny...that is one of the most appealing parts to me...a deal MAKER, if you will ;)

RL

I don't think I will buy one. I think CRK have got their market research and product design wrong. It looks like the sort of thing a low cost maker would do with 420J and Zytel.

Back