All about Bucklites and Selector's & 110's & 112's LTs and Slims ...

When ever I get knife knut-block :D, I grab my trusty Orange Bucklite, and away I go!

I hear you... For the pocket a 424 Bucklite is just right... Any color will do... :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

:)

Here's a nice 426 Bucklite that has Operation Desert Storm on the Blade...
This one I didn't have yet... I got this one from Roger (DeSotoSky)...

Thank again, Roger for finding it for my collection... ITE ... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

426 ...

Hello all, I get a few emails about Bucklites now and than... I know that some

gals and guys don't have time to read every page... So if you what to learn

more about Bucklites... You can read page 22 post 431 - 438...

This should help you and any New guys that like Bucklites... :thumbup:

Here's a sweet 412/112 Scoutlite that I got when
I was living in San Diego, CA... This one is really cool because
it has Boy Scout double stamped on the blade...

412/112 Scoutlite...

First Buck knife, heard about them from a friend and had to have one. Was so sharp compared to cheap knives I previously owned I was scared to use it at first! Wish I had bought more at the time. Oh, I was about 14 yrs old at the time, mom had to buy it for me if I recall.

Last edited:
Second post, pics are bigger than I thought. Also want to get post count up. ;)

The broken tip? Well, the wood floor in my room of the old farmhouse was tougher than I thought...hopefully the people living there now don't stumble across it barefoot. ;)

Found the camo some days ago and here it is in your lite show [emoji6][emoji4]

Haebbie

837E4DA1-4435-4069-A419-82851257317F_zpsjgxrstke.jpg

Second post, pics are bigger than I thought. Also want to get post count up. ;)

The broken tip? Well, the wood floor in my room of the old farmhouse was tougher than I thought...hopefully the people living there now don't stumble across it barefoot. ;)

Dkarp1, Thanks for sharing your 422 Bucklite with all of us...
I bought mine when they frist came out and I still use it...
Just like yours... You can have Buck replace the blade on
your knife for like 10$ ... But always call them about it...
It's still a great knife you can always reshape the blade to...

Thanks again for the cool pictures...

Found the camo some days ago and here it is in your lite show [emoji6][emoji4]

Haebbie

837E4DA1-4435-4069-A419-82851257317F_zpsjgxrstke.jpg

Thanks Haebbie, for sharing a Picture of your new Camo Bucklite... That's a good user for sure...

I know there are more Bucklites out there so lets see them... :eek:

Hi, I have a concern and wonder if any of you out there can help me out. I recently sold a 422 bucklite and I described the lock up on it as solid. the buyer wants a refund cause the knife blade has up and down play. The knife I sold him was new old stock in original box with sheath and all paperwork. I have 2 other bucklites NOS in the box and they all have some play. Was this normal. Is he being unreasonable? I did not mention anything about blade play cause the knife is new in the box. knife is from the eighties with the camo sheath. Please I need some feed back from the Buck Experts!

That can happen to any folding knife... Like 110s, 112s, 500s and so on...
I have over a 100 Bucklites never had any major problems with any of them...
Now I was just missing a round with a 424 ( bucklite) and was pushing down
really hard and I got it to move a little up and down... No big deal... Very little...
That will happen to most users in time... Now some guys always find something
wrong with every Buck Knife they Buy 110s, 112s, Bucklites, 500s, 300s, and so on...
Just to Bitch about Buck Knives... We can't do anything about it... We don't work for
Buck we just Love are Buck Knives and Collect them... Anyway that's another story...
I would have him send the knife back and refund his money... That way you keep
your good name... Then I would send it to Buck with a note telling them what the
Problem is... Send all 3 of them back and have them fix all 3 of them, if you want
to that is... Always Call Buck first and tell them all about the problems your having
with your NIB Buck knives... And when you get them back send me some pic's of
them and maybe I could use them... :eek: ...

Good luck... :)

That can happen to any folding knife... Like 110s, 112s, 500s and so on...
I have over a 100 Bucklites never had any major problems with any of them...
Now I was just missing a round with a 424 ( bucklite) and was pushing down
really hard and I got it to move a little up and down... No big deal... Very little...
That will happen to most users in time... Now some guys always find something
wrong with every Buck Knife they Buy 110s, 112s, Bucklites, 500s, 300s, and so on...
Just to Bitch about Buck Knives... We can't do anything about it... We don't work for
Buck we just Love are Buck Knives and Collect them... Anyway that's another story...
I would have him send the knife back and refund his money... That way you keep
your good name... Then I would send it to Buck with a note telling them what the
Problem is... Send all 3 of them back and have them fix all 3 of them, if you want
to that is... Always Call Buck first and tell them all about the problems your having
with your NIB Buck knives... And when you get them back send me some pic's of
them and maybe I could use them... :eek: ...

Good luck... :)
thank you so much for your reply. I especially like the, "just like to bitch part", the refund is already in progress. the guy just thinks it is not new.

I can use some help with a V52 SELECTOR box Label.
Box is V52 Selector Handle 429BK (cat #1144}
But Labels says

V52 BK W/CLIP
MODEL 429A3
Catalog 1609
code 33753-01609-7

What was in this box?
Thanks

My guess is that it was a black handled selector with a clip blade. I could not find the model number 429A3 in any of the past catalog's. Could only find 429A7 and 429A8.

Could it possibly be an 8 at the end of the model number instead of a 3?

My guess is that it was a black handled selector with a clip blade. I could not find the model number 429A3 in any of the past catalog's. Could only find 429A7 and 429A8.

Could it possibly be an 8 at the end of the model number instead of a 3?

Yes it is 429A3 it came with a double blade black handle with a clip point blade 428+ (that blade not removable) plus an extra blade (42821+) and sheath with velcro flap.
(no paperwork) and I have been unable to find any reference for the number

Thanks

That model came out 'New' in 1989 as the 428BK Selector. Yes, the slip-lock clip blade is in permanent. The rest can be removed and exchanged. DM

I can use some help with a V52 SELECTOR box Label.
Box is V52 Selector Handle 429BK (cat #1144}
But Labels says

V52 BK W/CLIP
MODEL 429A3
Catalog 1609
code 33753-01609-7

What was in this box?
Thanks

Above is my original question. Yes it is 429A3 it came to me with a double blade black handle with a clip point blade 428+ plus an extra blade (42821+) and sheath with velcro flap.
(no paperwork) I have a decent size Selector collection but have not been unable to find any reference for the number.
I am looking for confirmation that the contents are correct.

Thanks

Last edited:
Back