an emoticon problem

Am I more rightous than the moderator here that decided that jerkit isn't fit for Community Center?

"Righteous" and "Self-Righteous" are not the same thing.

You are an example of the latter. Judging from your posts, you are also deranged.

I am not a qualified psyciatrist like you (not) to make such a judgement of you.

I see you're from Washington State.

RunsWithKnives, is that you? :D

I see you also read about that American Indian called Runswithknives. :D Yes I get your drift. I'm in trouble now. Dare to have a problem with a sticky directive against using an emoticon outside of Whine and Cheese and The Cove.

We shall get to the bottom of this.

One can only be judged by their posts online, and so far you appear to be insane or a troll.

Nope.

I suggest you look up the definition of "Self-Righteous".

Name caller. :) I am not calling anyone names. You must be itching to start a flame war with those words.

sog, you are treading on thin ice. One more slam of any kind against a moderator will earn you a walk off of the plank. Understood?

Now, you may not like that particular icon; many don't. what seperates the other people from you is that they are mature enough to be able to ignore it. If your woman is unable to look past it, or you don't want her to see it, don't log on the forums when she is present. Kids would be one thing, but your girlfriend? Give me a break.

We are working on a solution that would keep that emoticon out of the general forums. until we have that solution, be patient, and IGNORE IT!

Dare to have a problem with a sticky directive against using an emoticon outside of Whine and Cheese and The Cove.

You don't seem too good at reading and comprehension.

this:
Do not use the jerk-it smilie in Community. It is a sure way to get your thread moved to W&C or The Cove.

Isn't remotely the same as this:

a sticky directive against using an emoticon outside of Whine and Cheese and The Cove.

sog, you are treading on thin ice. One more slam of any kind against a moderator will earn you a walk off of the plank. Understood?

Now, you may not like that particular icon; many don't. what seperates the other people from you is that they are mature enough to be able to ignore it. If your woman is unable to look past it, or you don't want her to see it, don't log on the forums when she is present. Kids would be one thing, but your girlfriend? Give me a break.

We are working on a solution that would keep that emoticon out of the general forums. until we have that solution, be patient, and IGNORE IT!

Understood. I was not slamming anyone. I had to defend myself. I didn't think I did anything wrong, but I will not respond there anymore.

OK I'll let her know that an emoticon here is not suitable for a woman that finds someone pretending to jerkoff offensive.

Understood. I was not slamming anyone. I had to defend myself. I didn't think I did anything wrong, but I will not respond there anymore.

OK I'll let her know that an emoticon here is not suitable for a woman that finds someone pretending to jerkoff offensive and it shall be allowed in other areas outside Community Center until further notice.

As for me I can ignore it like I've been doing.

If your woman is unable to look past it, or you don't want her to see it, don't log on the forums when she is present. Kids would be one thing, but your girlfriend? Give me a break.

Why protect children and not women? My woman may be a bit too rightous according to you. I don't consider myself rightous. The line between morality and immorality is drawn for all here. There are many immoral words and statements that aren't allowed here or on many sites on the internet. If people want immorality there are many depraved sites they can go to.

Why protect children and not women? My woman may be a bit too rightous according to you. I don't consider myself rightous. The line between morality and immorality is drawn for all here. There are many immoral words and statements that aren't allowed here or on many sites on the internet. If people want immorality there are many depraved sites they can go to.

Well, I guess kids really don't need to be cruising a knife forum. Teenagers are a different story.

My wife and daughters are free to look at this forum, and all of the sub forums, including what may be termed as' offensive language' or even 'offensive emiticons'. My wife can decide for herself if she likes it, or considers it offensive. It is not my job to shelter her from such things. She is an adult, and quite capable of making her own decisions. My daughters are teenagers, and would find that emoticon quite funny.

In summary, I don't find that jerkit smiley immoral. I don't find naked women immoral either. Neither do a lot of people here. yes, we have forums for such things, and those things are contained there. The jerkit smiley was placed on here by the owner of the website. If he decides to restrict its use, or if one of the mods restrict it from their forums, then so be it. otherwise, it is free to be used wherever, until the owner says no. And, for the record, no amount of complaining or posturing will change that.

Well, I guess kids really don't need to be cruising a knife forum. Teenagers are a different story.

My wife and daughters are free to look at this forum, and all of the sub forums, including what may be termed as' offensive language' or even 'offensive emiticons'. My wife can decide for herself if she likes it, or considers it offensive. It is not my job to shelter her from such things. She is an adult, and quite capable of making her own decisions. My daughters are teenagers, and would find that emoticon quite funny.

In summary, I don't find that jerkit smiley immoral. I don't find naked women immoral either. Neither do a lot of people here. yes, we have forums for such things, and those things are contained there. The jerkit smiley was placed on here by the owner of the website. If he decides to restrict its use, or if one of the mods restrict it from their forums, then so be it. otherwise, it is free to be used wherever, until the owner says no. And, for the record, no amount of complaining or posturing will change that.

My woman expects me to look out for her. I wouldn't have recognised that that avatar depicts someone making an obscene gesture until (I suppose) the sticky threatening to put your post in "Whine & Cheese" or "The Cove" where it has been warned that anything goes there (kind of like casting you down with the sodomites like was warned in Shawshank Redemption IMO). Then I made the connection that it is amusing in a perverse sort of way hence the word Jerk combined with the word it. My woman may never make that connection, but she may see the sticky and make the connection. I am glad that your daughters probably find it amusing in a good sort of way and your wife probably does too.

Excellent post, Code 3. For the most part, the jerkit smiley is not really well received in the HI forum and subforum. It's not out and out BANNED, but as mutual respect to those that frequent the place, it typically isn't used. Just a gentleman's agreement, really. We ignore it and generally gloss over any use of it. No harm, no foul.
However, sog, man, really...is a jerkit smiley really going to throw your significant other's life into shambles? The picture you paint of her makes her SEEM to be the type that would have to sit a spell on the fainting couch as her bout with "wandering womb" flairs up as she tries to make her way to the polls to vote with all the other women for the very first time. I'm quite sure she is a lovely lady, quite clever, and very good at taking care of her own affairs. I know that you must care about her a great deal. However, there are a lot more hurtful and dangerous things on the web that a smiley.
On a very personal side note, my wife is a much better person that I am. Beautiful, graceful, and very lady-like to the utmost degree. She has been my best friend, my girlfriend, my fiance, my wife, my lady, my sweetheart, my cookieface, my honey pie, etc etc etc. However, I can tell you that I would be on a very quick trip to a very black eye should I ever refer to her as "my woman":D YMMV

Jake

"Your woman" ? Your spelling is on par with pre-school children ... Kreplachistani pre-school children. C'mon, give us a break with this emontionally-disturbed-by-a-tiny-icon imaginary "woman" of yours :rolleyes:

"Your woman" ? Your spelling is on par with pre-school children ... Kreplachistani pre-school children. C'mon, give us a break with this emontionally-disturbed-by-a-tiny-icon imaginary "woman" of yours :rolleyes:

Now I am getting nit picked by you? Well thanks anyway I will fix it right away for you, I don't want you to be hurt by my spelling. Look a little harder you might find something else to nit pick about.

Truel this is why you have to use yearly average when doing comparisons rather tahn tearly totals, maximums or anything of the like. It was you who said 140000 is a reasonable estimate of number of troops exposed in Iraq in average in 2005. It just makes the stats higher (and probably more realistic, I dare say), FWIW.

tahn tearly ??? perhaps you meant: than yearly

in average ??? perhaps you meant: on average

This only goes back a little way. Shall I go farther?

Remember when you point a finger three point back at you!

Amazing that is three mistakes in, I suppose, spelling in that one post.

I am not trying to correct you. I am pointing it out for you like you did me, but I wont do it any other way here.

Sorry about that. Now you can get back to using your enormous characters in red that are not all in caps and are not shouting.

I used double size, in red, which was double larger than the size, in red, used in "Don't Do It List" in the sticky here that was pulled today.

It was a short post and larger type is rarely used by me. It is meant to get attention. If I posted at that font size all the time there would be no effect except to go twice as large again and that would take up too much room on the server.

Servers cost money and this site probably doesn't get outside donations since it is a .com and not a .org. It also doesn't get money from advertisers, which is mostly why I and (perhaps others) pay dues.

Now I am getting nit picked by you? Well thanks anyway I will fix it right away for you, I don't want you to be hurt by my spelling. Look a little harder you might find something else to nit pick about.

tahn tearly ??? perhaps you meant: than yearly

in average ??? perhaps you meant: on average

This only goes back a little way. Shall I go farther?

Remember when you point a finger three point back at you!

Amazing that is three mistakes in, I suppose, spelling in that one post.

I am not trying to correct you. I am pointing it out for you like you did me, but I wont do it any other way here.

I thought you would at least get it right about me misspelling a word (I can misspell). I checked all my posts and I don't make reference to anyones' woman like that. CODE 3 did and your reply should be directed at him. Hmm, yet another mistake made by you.

I guess you will have to totally rethink how to find something wrong. Go back in my posts your bound to find something. I don't know why I take pity on you, but I do.

Back