Are you a dealer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is this even being discussed?? If you buy knives to flip, you're a dealer. That's been the standard on the various forums for years and it's the same standard that turned me into a dealer years ago. This doesn't require a thread with 50 posts to come to a conclusion. Dealer.

Phillip

Last edited:
I won't hold back, I was one that reported you months ago and perhaps a second or third time as well. For as many knives as you sell, you should just annie up and pay the $200 for dealer status so that you can sell without question. I know that my 1 year membership is almost up, but you won't see me trying to sell tons of NIB stuff in the Individual for Sale Forum with a Gold Membership :rolleyes:

I apologize to this forum and to Liu for starting this in Liu's active sales thread. I knew that it was wrong when I did it. I tried to figure out the correct procedure and I was too embarrassed to ask questions, so I failed. :foot:
I don't want infringe on anyone's rights to enjoy this forum.

Last edited:

Last edited:
If your making a good buck from the site, why not support it?

Exactly. I'm all for making your money back when you sell from your collection but at his markup it's definitely clear that he's making a sizable profit. That combined with the outrageous amount of knives he has for sale screams, "dealer". He should give back to the site that allowed him the chance to collect so many knives in the first place.

Last edited:
Combine this with the sig, and your apparently "working for" a dealer and it makes me wonder what's going on. Which dealer do you "work for"?

Liu you never answered this question.

Liu you never answered this question.

Don't expect one either. This was asked of him several times and he never gave it up.

I'm just curious here, but if Spark is posting in this thread questioning if Liu is a dealer, and Spark is quoted above with clear rules, what are the rules for...?
Shouldn't the gold membership be pulled?

And why not just upgrade the membership to dealer, Liu?
Seems like the simplest answer and adds some credibility, which seems to be getting chipped away here...

Combine this with the sig, and your apparently "working for" a dealer and it makes me wonder what's going on. Which dealer do you "work for"?

If I found out my employees were abusing employee purchase practices and benefits to then turn around and flip for more cash, I'd fire them.

...could be the case here...

you should just annie up and pay the $200 for dealer status so that you can sell without question.

I agree 110% - at the very least he would be showing his support for this great forum, making more friends than enemies and even making a few bucks for himself through sales without questions and concerns.

If I found out my employees were abusing employee purchase practices and benefits to then turn around and flip for more cash, I'd fire them.

...could be the case here...

if that is the case then he should be out of a job.

Don't expect one either. This was asked of him several times and he never gave it up.

Ok, everyone relax, Sparks and I are working everything out, it's been in the works. So if you think you know what you are talking about, you don't. Lets wait for the word from Spark.

I won't hold back, I was one that reported you months ago and perhaps a second or third time as well. For as many knives as you sell, you should just annie up and pay the $200 for dealer status so that you can sell without question. I know that my 1 year membership is almost up, but you won't see me trying to sell tons of NIB stuff in the Individual for Sale Forum with a Gold Membership :rolleyes:

What NIB stuff, you need to figure out what you are talking about, over 80% of my for sale knives are Busse, and 98% of the knives are out of production collectible stuff that can not be purchased from any dealer or company.

Last edited:
This forum has put me where I am today. I started collecting, buying and selling some pocket knives. I didn’t have anything real expensive to start with so that means under $200. I did this on the internet just like everyone else here. But I guess I was real good about it because I was more then willing to go the extra step. I sold to people all over the entire world, shipping to anyone that wanted it. Why should they not be able to collect knives just because of the country they live in. If I wanted a knife from a different country and was willing to pay extra for shipping, why shouldn’t I be able to get it? I also took all sorts of payment cash, paypal, money gramm, western union, business checks, personal checks, USPS money orders to giving out my bank info so they can send me a wire transfer. I took trades on knives that I didn’t know who made it or what it was. I took the extra step to do the research on the knives and actually considered the trades. My feedback began to build up and I started having a larger diversity of knives. I also saw there were a big fuss about certain knives. So being curious I would research them, and if I saw a good deal in the exchange, I would get the knife to see what it was all about. After I got it, I may not have loved it so I may resell it back into the community. As time went on my feedback started to get higher and higher, I got a reputation of someone that was honest, trustworthy and actually did what I said I was going to do. Many of the people I was selling to here in the US and some overseas (fed up with not being able to buy knives from people that refuse to sell to them) that they just told me what they were looking for and to pick them up for them. They knew I was very trustworthy so instead of all the searching, told me to find them knives. By that stage, they have become my internet friends that I also trusted, so I was willing to buy knives they wanted even one that were over $1000 based on someone’s word that they wanted that knife. I took that risk.
I would answer tons of email from people about knives because they couldn’t find the information, and even after me taking over 30 pictures and sending over 20 emails, may buy one knife from me. Or sometimes after all the emails they didn’t but it from me. I tried to be very prompt as possible with replys. As time went on, people that needed money learned somehow that if they needed money right away to pay for rent, medical bills, or anything they needed, I would be a good fast buyer. Sometimes without even having for them to send me pictures. People that just didn’t want to deal with all the emails, questions, email requests, take pictures of different angles, receive dumb offers, research information, post all the info, pay fees decided it was easier to sell me their knives when they wanted to get out. They knew I would buy all the knives and not just some, would contact me. Some people didn’t have the capability to take and post pictures would send me their knives to sell for them.
I mean how many forum members are willing to do trades with someone from overseas and deal with all the shipping for a knife from someone that they didn’t know? For those people that just didn’t have the funds to buy a knife they really wanted, how many people would take trades for a knife that you already have three of and wasn’t selling?
And the reason I had “Just cause you don't see it, doesn't mean I don't have it, email me at liukang187@yaoo.com” in my signature is because not everyone is brilliant enough to realize that I have more then one thread going on. Not everyone knew to look under posts I have started to look for all the knives I had listed for sale. I have my Busse knives listed in over three threads because what I have avil is way too much to list in one thread. I also have a few other types of knives like customs, productions and whatnot.
So before I knew it, my feedback was pretty high and I had learned more about most types of knives from Busse, to customs and everything in-between. I has such a large selection and I couldn’t stop the emails if I tried. My prices aren’t even that great, so why do I have such high feedback, it’s because people would rather buy from someone that is willing to talk to them on the phone for hours. Someone that is willing to work with them with what they have to trade. Someone that is willing to help them get some money because they needed it fast and was stuck in a bind. Someone that is willing them figure out what knife would best fit the need they had with the amount of money they had avil to spend.
I really like helping people find the knife they are looking for. Or helping out a friend when I know they are in a bind and need money asap. I would buy out collector’s entire collection because they completely lost their job and needed money more then a knife collection. I don’t mind helping educate people on what knives specs are and how or where to get a sheath or the history behind a knife. I’m willing to go the extra step and help out someone whom I have sold a knife to, return the knife back to the manufacture for any defects that may occur after it was used or handled. I would personally contact the company myself, explain the situation and provide the buyer with info on what to do next.
I have made many friends here on the forum, some are even better friends then I have in person that I have even grow up with. They keep an eye out for things I’m looking for and vis versa. I would keep an eye out for knives that were stolen from a shop that was robbed, or one that was either lost in the mail or stolen somehow. It’s not a business, I really think I’m helping people find what they want in one way or another.
I am not an authorized dealer for any company. I don't get any discounts from anyone. I don't even have a good camera, it only costs $50.
So I keep asking myself, why doesn’t everyone do what I do? I don’t get it. Why don’t they take that extra step to hear what someone has to say and help someone out if possible. If I didn’t have what they were looking, I would even point them in the direction to where they can get one. Help them find what they are looking for. I still don’t know why everyone doesn’t do it. So now everyone calls me a dealer and hates me? For what? Because I’m a good buyer and pay fast? Because I’m honest, fast and deliver what I say so that they buyers are happy. Because I do trades with people so they can get a different knife that they would like more? Because I like to help people find what they are looking for? So if they buyers are happy, the sellers are happy, and the people that I do trades with are happy, what’s the fuss all about? Am I not helping the forum be a happier group of people? It can’t be the dealers because I don’t really sell any production knives at all, most everything I have are all discontinued. For those that are mad because they are jealousy, I just told you the secret so go ahead and do that and you’ll be fine. For those that are mad because I have knives they don’t, they have the same opportunities I have. For those that think I’m a bad guy, have you even asked for my cell and talked to me to ask why I did something I did? So exactly what is it that I am doing wrong? Or am I doing everything right and everyone else doing everything wrong?

Boy that was long, and in tiny print too. :eek:

So now everyone calls me a dealer and hates me? For what?
For not using a small portion of the money passing through your hands to support the website that makes your activities possible -- yet. Once you do that people will stop hating you.

So exactly what is it that I am doing wrong?
You are not using a small portion of the money passing through your hands to support the website that makes your activities possible -- yet.

Or am I doing everything right and everyone else doing everything wrong?
Um, yeah, everybody else is wrong and you are the only normal person in the world. Of course. But that doesn't matter; you can go right on considering yourself a hobbyist or whatever you consider yourself. As long as you use a small portion of the money that passes through your hands in the course of your hobby to support the website that makes your activities possible. :)

dang, i read that short novel, i see your point Liu, but the volume you are dealing with, no pun intended, is a lot. what you do is you prerogative, but if i was you i would upgrade. but that is just me.

For not using a small portion of the money passing through your hands to support the website that makes your activities possible -- yet. Once you do that people will stop hating you.

In case you missed it, Spark knows that and is on that now working though the details, I have no problem throwing some funds that support the forum. So feel free to get with him any time you want.

Well by the sounds of this, the matter has been resolved. You sound like you are working out becoming a dealer, so... case closed I would say. I don't hate you, but I do believe you should become a dealer, which it looks like you are, so good :D

After reading everything here, I just have to say that I never questioned your ability or helpfulness to other members, nor am I jealous in anyway - in fact more power to you for what you do. I started my "business" because of my love of knives and it's more of a hobby than a full on business (I'm a Police Cadet and J's Knives-N-More is my part time thing). It's just that the volume of knives that you sell and make profit on seems to justify the need of a dealer membership (which all of the BF dealers had to pay). I'm glad to hear that it's being worked out and hope for the best.

Take care, J.

Liu Kang has expressed his desire to purchase the appropriate (dealer) level of membership. I don't like that we had to come to this in order to get the right thing done, but the right thing IS being done. That's all that matters.

Also, Notdos, your membership expired. No advertising without paying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back