Are you a dealer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Liu to me:

mailto:liukang187@yahoo.com

This is the message:

why don't you go under Spark (BF's owner) profile, find his webpage and buy one of his Benchmade BM42 from his store, then you will figure out why I am being singled out. As for everything you think you know about a knife, get five Busse knife and probably by then you will figure out what it's really all about. Good luck.

Now THAT is funny... especially the superiority complex over owning Busse knives.

I bought into the koolaid for a while, but got sick of the exact type of attitude LK is showing here - the smug sense of superiority, most of it being spouted by guys who put their knives in a safe and never take them out unless they are lining them up to take perfect pictures of them :barf:

The "you don't know anything about a knife until you buy a Busse" stuff is ridiculous - I learned all kinds of stuff about knives after buying Busse.... like how to sharpen a worthless factory edge, and how to bandage up my blisters from poor handle ergonomics. I also learned that INFI is a pretty awesome steel, which is often married to "form over function" designs that compromise usability for the sake of "trademark" features like talon holes and useless elf choils and 1/2 inch thick EDC sized blades.

The REAL thing to be learned from buying a Busse is that there are a lot of rabid fans of the brand, and you can often re-sell a knife for a profit, even if it's been used. And if it's mint, you can make a HUGE profit. That is DEFINITELY a lesson LK has learned well :rolleyes:

Now THAT is funny... especially the superiority complex over owning Busse knives.

I bought into the koolaid for a while, but got sick of the exact type of attitude LK is showing here - the smug sense of superiority, most of it being spouted by guys who put their knives in a safe and never take them out unless they are lining them up to take perfect pictures of them :barf:

The "you don't know anything about a knife until you buy a Busse" stuff is ridiculous - I learned all kinds of stuff about knives after buying Busse.... like how to sharpen a worthless factory edge, and how to bandage up my blisters from poor handle ergonomics. I also learned that INFI is a pretty awesome steel, which is often married to "form over function" designs that compromise usability for the sake of "trademark" features like talon holes and useless elf choils and 1/2 inch thick EDC sized blades.

The REAL thing to be learned from buying a Busse is that there are a lot of rabid fans of the brand, and you can often re-sell a knife for a profit, even if it's been used. And if it's mint, you can make a HUGE profit. That is DEFINITELY a lesson LK has learned well :rolleyes:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :eek::D

+1...... if you really want to wrap yer mits around a real knife..... buy a Mora ;):thumbup:

Don't get me wrong - I actually dig the Busses that I kept, and that fit my particular needs, I just think they don't live up to the hype and worship they receive. They are just knives. Some of them are pretty good knives, and some, not so much.

I won't be giving up my BWBM any time soon, that's for sure...

LK's making them out to be the only knives that matter is just ridiculous, though, and considering he's acting like a dealer, it seems like maybe that endorsement doesn't mean much, especially when not quantified with examples of real life usage where the Busse's are outperforming others.

He might have great customer service, but I am not a fan of buying from a dealer who tells you that you know nothing about knives unless you buy the ones he sells.

There you go, exaggerating again.

The EDC blade are no more than 0.27" thick.

Mind you, I don't carry those.....

The REAL thing to be learned from buying a Busse is that there are a lot of rabid fans of the brand, and you can often re-sell a knife for a profit, even if it's been used. And if it's mint, you can make a HUGE profit.
This is the case with any quality manufacturer that has a fan base.
Your definition of real sucks.

Last edited:

The Inactive Duty was thicker than .27" :p I checked one out at BLADE and it was just outright ridiculous. A third of an inch thick EDC makes about as much sense as a DVD rewinder.

But yeah, a little hyperbole drives the point home sometimes.

This is the case with any quality manufacturer that has a fan base.
Your definition of real sucks.

Remember this is the "are you a dealer" thread - just trying to keep from going completely off topic and point out the main lesson LK has learned since he learned about "real" knives and started flipping Busse's for a profit.

I wonder if he'd be so smug about how great they are if he wasn't making massive profits selling them...

ha . ha . ha .

I have a Himalayan Imports chiruwa (full tang) Ang Khola.
14" overall, which is short for one of these, and .44" thick -- which is normal.

It just depends on what the knife was designed for.
Let's not turn this into a critique of Busse Combat. :)

Oh, just lock the thread already. It's already outlived its usefulness.

Oh, just lock the thread already. Again, ha .
We don't know yet how useful it can be.
There are always surprises.

Yeah, I know, the whole "give them enough rope" thing. I'll shut up now.

I'll provide pics if you want them, but if you've hung around here a while, you have seen pictures of these knives when I have posted them. Selling off less frequently used parts of my collection since I will no longer be associating with the Busse family companies - if you wish to discuss the reasons why, PM me, because I am apparently a troll for describing the reasons I am getting rid of knives.

You posted this on 02/26/2010 in your thread currently running in the Busse exchange; and got dinged for it too. Apparently, this thread presented another opportunity for you to get a few more jabs in. For you, it's really not a question if Dan is a dealer or not. It's a chance for you to throw more stones at Busse.

Dan doesn't have a superiority complex! He does believe that Busse knives are superior though. You know what? He's allowed!

You sound like a broken record!!! 90%+ of all your posts in the Busse forum go on and on and on about your hatred for thick blades, hatred for choils, and hatred for the secondary market prices of Busse knives in general. A search of your posts will reveal this. It seems as if the color Bama Clay is about the only thing that makes you happy. Maybe you'll get lucky and find clothes in that color. Add a pair of tan canvas shoes, and you'll be all set.

LK's making them out to be the only knives that matter is just ridiculous...

Perhaps they're the only knives that matter to him. If so, it's not ridiculous. It can be said YOUR rants are ridiculous. By the way, your choil rants truly are! If you knew how to use a bench stone, you'd appreciate choils.

The Inactive Duty was thicker than .27" :p I checked one out at BLADE and it was just outright ridiculous. A third of an inch thick EDC makes about as much sense as a DVD rewinder.

Ridiculous merely because YOU say so? YOUR endorsement of thin knives doesn't mean much; especially when not quantified with examples of real life usage...Sound familiar? If not, see YOUR quote below. Tell us what brand of DVD rewinder you own now.
...it seems like maybe that endorsement doesn't mean much, especially when not quantified with examples of real life usage where the Busse's are outperforming others.

Remember this is the "are you a dealer" thread - just trying to keep from going completely off topic and point out the main lesson LK has learned since he learned about "real" knives and started flipping Busse's for a profit.

Look at you backpedal. Keep pedaling!

The REAL thing to be learned from buying a Busse is that there are a lot of rabid fans of the brand, and you can often re-sell a knife for a profit, even if it's been used. And if it's mint, you can make a HUGE profit.
I wonder if he'd be so smug about how great they are if he wasn't making massive profits selling them...

Speaking of profits, YOU listed a BOSS Street Prototype in the Busse exchange for $450.00 not too long ago. As a matter of fact, you listed it as soon as the required six month hold period was up! Those knives cost no where near that price at the 2009 knife shows they debuted at. Would you like to comment about your HUGE profit from your mint knife?

Last edited:
I've sold a few handfuls of knives in the last year - many I took a loss on, and some I made a profit on. I've lost more than I have gained. That is a far cry from a dealer with a hundred knives for sale at once, who is claiming to not be a dealer.

I never faulted anyone for selling knives at a profit - that BOSS street I sold for a profit? I bought it sight unseen through a proxy, and in fact wasn't allowed to see any pictures of it, or post any pictures of it, due to the silly way Busse does business. As soon as I got it in hand, I didn't like the balance or the design or the thickness, but I was forced to hang onto it for months, again due to the silly way Busse does business. When I finally got rid of it, the few bucks I made were the only thing that offset the fact that I was stuck with an expensive knife that I didn't want and couldn't sell.

I also didn't buy it with the express intention of re-selling it, which is what this whole thread is about.

I have had this discussion with LK before, and he insisted he wasn't a dealer then, too. I would have chimed in on this discussion whether I had issues with Busse or not - the arrogance and elitism just added to my annoyance over his insistence that he is the victim here.

I'm not gonna address all your other Busse specific comments, because as others have said I let my own comments get way off topic here.

Liu Kang has expressed his desire to purchase the appropriate (dealer) level of membership. I don't like that we had to come to this in order to get the right thing done, but the right thing IS being done. That's all that matters.

Why is this thread still going? Did someone miss this post?

No kidding, I'm locking this down. Liu Kang, upgrade ASAP. Since you already have a gold membership, I'll prorate that onto the end of the dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back