Best Slingshot?

That's quite the rig Mike! You ever make a carbine version?
some thing like this.
PA300004.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekPe...DvjVQa1PpcFOmRF9_JD4nKMtuvNDcqq333UiQgzuGnHA=

2u73wol.jpg

Anyone still shoot'n? I've progressed dramatically. When I started out a tin can hit ratio was probably 10 shots-2 hits 25 ft. Since then I'm 10 for 10. On one outing my buddy I each got a hovering carpenter bee while they were hovering.

My son and I have been enjoying this one. Folds up neatly for the pack.

P1030816.jpg

P1030841.jpg

Well I've had a little layoff from shooting. Had a shoulder replacement. I'm back in the shop making slingshots. This is one I'm working on. Has a compass, snap-in arrow rest, and a flashlight. I made some 3 piece take-down arrows. to go with.

Attachments

• P4290001.jpg
    P4290001.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 100
Well I've had a little layoff from shooting. Had a shoulder replacement. I'm back in the shop making slingshots. This is one I'm working on. Has a compass, snap-in arrow rest, and a flashlight. I made some 3 piece take-down arrows. to go with.

That one is very cool! :D

I still havent picked up one yet as there are soooo many models/types out there but getting closer!

So after reading all 9 pages of this thread I have (I think) figured out a few things...

1. The actual "frame" is not nearly as important as the bands.
2. Something like 1745 tubing is pretty easy to get a hold of and may last considerably longer than flat bands.
3. I want to build or make my own sling shot
4. I need to find out how to judge how long to make the bands. I imagine some of this will be determined by the length of my reach. If i want to do a double loop set up how do I figure out the length of the loops. I could jsut do trial and error, but hate wasting band on that.

5. the slingshot guys that have posted here have been really really cool. Thnaks guys.

p.s. - I readily admit I did not read all the posted links, so if I missed one that I should have read for the info I am asking for please just relink it for me. thanks.

1. Right , it must fit your hand and stronge enough.
2. Right, but 1745 is less powerful than flat(tgb, latex).
4. 20cm, 27cm, 29cm (butterfly), 32cm(butterfly)

Thera-band and natural rubbers that are suitable for bands on a slingshot can stretch about 5x there length. Stretching them to there max every time will severely shorten the life of the rubber. I use a multiplier of 3.9 which gives me reasonable performance and band life. Consistent draw length is a key to good marksmanship. Find an anchor point that you can duplicate every time, measure the distance and divide by 3.9. That is how long you want your finished bands to be.
OR
Make a lot of band sets up till you find the ones you like.

Does anyone know who or what company makes the best slingshot?

I want one that is relatively simple and accurate.

any ideas?

regards,

mike

I was able to get my sling shot out yesterday. Its a folding Marksman, then the ammo is pretty cheap at the same huge chain store
SanPedroTrip5-6-12019.jpg

Thanks guys....now to start looking for ways to make the slingshot!

The most easy way for diy is natural fork, cut the fork dryit, file and finish it .

then buy the band set and rig it(the best is from custome maker such as Mike or other on evil bay) - band or tube, what ever you like.

Save money for buying pre made band set because you do not have to buy alot tools for cutting band or hug roll of rubber.

you can tell the band set seller not to assmebly whole band set, just precut rubber strip and leather pouch, you can put together at home.

you can buy extra rubber strip for spare, in case of breakage.

I got my package from bikermikearchery, and i have to say way beyond my expectations. First i have to say mike is such a great person to deal with, and the knowledge he shared was more than what i asked. I would highly recommend checking out his products.

These are things i can pretty much take anywhere and have a blast. Don't need to haul around arrow and bow cases or range bags with ammo and firearms.

Shooting the slingshots made me feel like a kid again.

The three aluminum ones are from mike. Yup i bought 3 of em.

DSC00135.JPG

Where can I find prices for these awesome looking bikermikearchery slingshots? Does he have a site?

Perfect, Bill, thanks! :thumbup: I was looking in the wrong area...should have thought to check the knifemaker's market.

Russell

Back