Beverages and Blades - Traditional of Course

Happy Birthday Shawn! How are you liking the GEC Bird and Trout? Visually speaking, it pairs elegantly with the honey wine from your brother. :thumbsup:

Thanks, Greg! I love my B&T; It has the typical GEC heft, and it works wonderfully as a steak knife/kitchen prep knife. I'm not a hunter or fisher, so the kitchen is where my fixed blades go to work. It's not the most balanced, it's not the most ergonomic, but it is one of the most reached for; that seems pretty typical of GEC to me.

...and I just love those tortoise shell acrylic handles.

After Graveyard shift beer...the start of a 9 day vacation. Including a cruise to Ensenada! Now gotta decide what knife is going...I think the Vic. What do you guys think?

I always have my Vic. alox cadet on me. That seems like a good choice if only bringing 1 knife. Enjoy your cruise. More Freedom of 78 for me after another long week at work. It's only released in the spring so I had to grab a stock pile.
DE48E1E3-C567-4840-9463-22300669FC2F_zpsbh6yu4tt.jpg

Founder's Centennial IPA, I think I will shy away from beer kegged at lower elevation, I am really fighting the foam with this keg. My system is tight with Micro Matic stainless fittings, so I just think it is the keg, next keg will be Odells IPA from Colorado. This Boker has been so helpful today, cutting a multitude of things, pig things this morning and helped round the shop while I am fixing a clients Jeep Wrangler with busted off motor mount bolts in the block (4.0HO).

Crap pic of the day,

bfipa2-jpg.723967

Attachments

• BFIPA2.jpg
    BFIPA2.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 121
Damn the Torpedos!!! Scratch that. Drink the Torpedos!!!! And open them with an awesome Texas Camp Knife. The knife is almost as big as the bottle.

PQAGzFZh.jpg
I need a scout knife after looking at your pics...

Crazy good farm house ale aged in wine barrels with lime, mango and coconut. Vic Pioneer with Small Sebenza made the cut for the cruise!

Had to get on the Voodoo ranger bandwagon. My local bottle shop had this in stock...super hazy super juicy fruit bomb IPA!!!

Nice find!!!!! I adore Voodoo Ranger. Never tried the Mandarina though. I'll have to keep my eye out.

And it's always good to see a Beer Scout in use.

Back