Clinch Pick Blanks

Ban

Just got these in the mail today and they look great. The Disciple profile needs a bit of tweaking for final specs.

I shouldn't be grinding with stitches but I think I am gonna do it anyway ;)

9080112162_630810e415_b.jpg

9078127143_92e296b6ce_z.jpg

Last edited:
Dude. I like what I see here. ;) :thumbup:

Are these spoken for already?

Gloves are generally not needed as you want some feedback to help keep from overheating the blade when grinding. That said, eye-pro is indeed your friend (having had a sliver of metal get into my eye that bounced off a grinding wheel and fished out in an ER, I can say with great certainty that it sucks big-time) and I can't emphasize enough that a respirator is also a very good idea when making handles from both wood and synthetic materials (wood dust in your lungs is like breathing in micro-chainsaws and the main ingredient of most plastics/plastic-like materials and epoxies is cancer, especially when heated).

(To everyone reading this) If you're not protecting yourself, start now. If you think it can't happen to you, that's what the last guy that got jacked up by this stuff said to his buddies over beers.

Like that logo! And yes are these spoken for? Annnnd, stitches? Heal fast!

Yes, protection around the shop is paramount. Gloves are a no go for me while grinding. I rely on the feel and feedback of the contact. I will be using some 7mil Nitrile gloves for the time being. It gives me decent sensitivity while still protecting my cut. I don't like it but keeping my hand from getting infected is more important.

The above CPs are spoken for and I just started a signup list over in Southnarc's TPI forum. Here is a cut and paste of my post.

I am getting ready to start on the run of Clinch Picks. I received the sample blanks and they are good to go. I need to get an idea of how many blanks I will need to order for this run. Will try to keep it at around 30 so that it is somewhat manageable.

This run will be .110 thick s35vn. Chisel ground with zero convex edge. Handles will be black canvas micarta. They will come with a kydex sheath predrilled for a small teklok. Cost will be 280 each

Post here and Goto the the following link and fill out your contact information.

http://bantangknives.com/wordpress/contact

Please provide:

Name

Email

Forum ID

Number of CPs you want

NICE! Very excited, and yeah, the logo looks good! :thumbup: Really need to take one of his courses, then pick up the CP and Disciple.

NICE! Very excited, and yeah, the logo looks good! :thumbup: Really need to take one of his courses, then pick up the CP and Disciple.

The next Shivworks Class in CA is the last weekend of October in Sacramento. I highly recommend it if you can make it. You will not be disappointed. It is in my opinion some of the best self defense training available.

Hi Ban,

This is wonderful news, I've been interested in a Clinch Pick for quite sometime. I have searched high & low for any available CP's but no luck. In my recent internet googleathon I came across a thread saying that Ban Tang maybe making the new versions, so I've been looking through your site but no listings. Tonight whilst on BF I decided to look at your sub forum.....big smiles is all I can say mate.

I believe that all the intial CP's are spoken for, when would the next batch be available Ban? I'd certainly like one thanks Ban, here are my details:

Steve Brown
Steveevo9
1 Clinch Pick (thanks mate)

My email may throw you, I'm from Australia. Thanks for your time Ban.

Last edited:
Back