Photos Connecticut's - Connies - CT Patterns

Do we have a dedicated Connecticut pattern thread?
(I can use the search function but was hinting at maybe starting one regardless ;))

I will take that hint, accept that challenge, pick up the ball and run with it :cool: -thanks AgentH :thumbsup:

Let's see what Connecticut Pattern you have, how many(if more than one), in action, hanging up, newly hung, or needing to be hung. Show off the Connecticut pattern(s) you have!:thumbsup:

I am partial to all Connies, with a biased, home grown pride for Legitimus and Collins Co. in general :):thumbsup::cool:

Each CT pattern I have is my favorite ;) don't tell my Legitimus's but my Kelly Registered is really most amazing though.

Here are my Connies to date...

IMG_20171022_164633307.jpg

20171210_111736.jpg

IMG_20170831_164444493.jpg

IMG_20171104_123912973.jpg

IMG_20171103_223642018.jpg

Thanks for looking.
Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to see what everyone has.

Miller from CT

didnt know you had that kelly registered. looks nice man. i need to get back on the hunt for one o those holy grail kellys

Thank you!
I was extremely fortunate. Basically my first score after joining the forum.
The Kelly Registered and the Rogers, R.mfg Very Best 78, same estate type sale just up the road from me as I was headed out prepping for a camping trip.

Never Stop Hunting.
I am like a postman...not rain, hail, sleet nor snow.
I think that's how it goes...but you get the idea ;):D

I only have three Connecticut patterns but only one found locally - I'll have to move some stuff to get to the other two.

Collins Legitimus with 32" octagonalized handle. Jblyttle found it and thought it needed a new home a couple of years ago.

LegitamooseCT
by Agent Hierarchy, on Flickr

LegitamooseCT

LegitamooseCT

octJk67.jpg

3 pound 32" legitimate moose

Right on guys!
You both have some sweet CT spirit right there!
Great looking axes guys:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I only have three Connecticut patterns but only one found locally - I'll have to move some stuff to get to the other two.

Collins Legitimus with 32" octagonalized handle. Jblyttle found it and thought it needed a new home a couple of years ago.

I have a Legitimus Connie that's been on my to-do list for way too long. You're giving me inspiration. I figured it for a 32" octagonalized handle like this.

Collins%20Legitimus%20Connie.jpg

Mine is a Collins Connecticut but I misspoke about it being a Legitimus. :oops:
It was with several other tools that I have wrapped up that are Collins Legitimus marked.

Older Collins but not “Legitimate”. It does has a whip to it.

I have a Legitimus Connie that's been on my to-do list for way too long. You're giving me inspiration. I figured it for a 32" octagonalized handle like this.

Collins%20Legitimus%20Connie.jpg

That is going to be a mean chopper when you do your sharp magic on it.

Mine is a Collins Connecticut but I misspoke about it being a Legitimus. :oops:
It was with several other tools that I have wrapped up that are Collins Legitimus marked.

Older Collins but not “Legitimate”. It does has a whip to it.

A "no point" crown lol.

I also have this Red Knight (another Jblyttle rehome) that I put away with those others that I think I was passively recollecting as a Red Seal.:rolleyes:

Red Knight

Aging, alcohol, and hording issues all contribute I'm sure...

*Edit - There is a crown and hammer on it to the right of the lettering just maybe not labelled Legitimus... Can't keep my own **** straight I guess...

Last edited:
I guess you could say I am lucky, since I have never seen a Connie for sale in person I can’t get withdraws..... I really wish I had them though haha. I still haven’t found one. Two more Kelly perfect dbs though hahah. The four pounder was a nice addition though.

Back