Dinged up my M4 Tigress

Ban

Decided to do a little testing on some 2X4s today on the shop floor. Everything was going well until I felt a unusually sharp and hard feedback on the handle. Kept on chopping away until I was satisfied with the pile of woodchips everywhere. I later noticed a bunch of rolls on the belly/tip of the knife. I forgot that the long blade with the forward rake gets the tip really close to the floor when chopping with the middle or rear of the blade.

As can be seen from the pics there was a decent amount of rolls. Good to know that the blade didn't chip out too badly. Spent a few minutes on the grinder and she is good as new again :thumbup:

5311221709_fc473facec_b.jpg

Notice the chunk of concrete missing from the floor.
5311222511_40dafaa65e_b.jpg

5311814864_b0aea304df_b.jpg

5311815622_3f0972bdd7_b.jpg

Last edited:
you hit concrete all on your own? no assistant from dan? haha

looks like pretty tough steel! :thumbup:

Yes, unfortunately that was the case :eek:

I was very happy that it did not chip out like crazy. I guess the cryo and the 2 days of temper may have helped some.

Pretty impressive results for hitting the concrete. Ban you know we built the chopping table so you didnt have to get all old school and chop on the floor anymore LOL..:D

Pretty impressive results for hitting the concrete. Ban you know we built the chopping table so you didnt have to get all old school and chop on the floor anymore LOL..:D

Yeah I know!:eek: I was dying to get a few chops in :D And besides that table weights like 300lbs :eek::D A bit heavy for me to lug around by myself.

Yeah I know!:eek: I was dying to get a few chops in :D And besides that table weights like 300lbs :eek::D A bit heavy for me to lug around by myself.

I really want to find someone to make us a set of those clamps they use in the cutting competitions. Like the ones in these pics.

Img0182.jpg

2.jpg

Wow, that is impressive considering hitting concrete. And that 3 chop 2x4 record is crazy...so fast.

Yeah I saw that video recently. Crazy fast man! Props! :thumbup: They must have some soft 2X4s or something because the shit we chop don't just break and fall off like that.

Yeah we need to find a way to update our clamps.

Yep, looks like lotsa fun. We need to have more tables and other cutting mediums.

Why are you making fun of this Dan guy?

He didn't mess up that knife.

I bet he also has a dashing sense of style, devastating good looks and magnificent chopping technique.

Why are you making fun of this Dan guy?

He didn't mess up that knife.

I bet he also has a dashing sense of style, devastating good looks and magnificent chopping technique.

I beg to differ! I remember him accidentally stabbing concrete on 2 separate occasions, chopping off my safety lanyard whilst chopping, and showing up at the coffee shop with a bright neon Hawaiian shirt and shorts. Please don't ever torture us like that again. :D

Back