Disassembly pics?

2usN0pF.jpg

I gave this Rat1 to a relative of mine who is a truck driver, few years back, when they released the D2 version of the folder.
He used it for light duty around his work, cutting plastic ties, packaging, stripping wires, some food prep - pilling off fruits,
tomatoes, potatoes and so on... Didn't clean the knife for at least 3 years.
It was pretty dull when I got it so I gave it a good cleanup and sharpening, preserving the original factory angle.
The blade did push cut folded receipt, this is plenty for working knife IMO.

So here it is Before, I had a hard time taking off some of the standoffs:
Z6C62y.jpg

Here is After, not the most perfect job but its clean of rust, treated with Ospho where needed, lubed and working flawlessly:
w5oDd6.jpg

10JDcl.jpg

I gave this Rat1 to a relative of mine who is a truck driver, few years back, when they released the D2 version of the folder.
He used it for light duty around his work, cutting plastic ties, packaging, stripping wires, some food prep - pilling off fruits,
tomatoes, potatoes and so on... Didn't clean the knife for at least 3 years.
It was pretty dull when I got it so I gave it a good cleanup and sharpening, preserving the original factory angle.
The blade did push cut folded receipt, this is plenty for working knife IMO.

So here it is Before, I had a hard time taking off some of the standoffs:
Z6C62y.jpg

Here is After, not the most perfect job but its clean of rust, treated with Ospho where needed, lubed and working flawlessly:
w5oDd6.jpg

10JDcl.jpg
Came out great! I just hit the wicked edge last night, but i was in a rush and F***ed up my 0909 a little. Fixable, but damn I want to get the 130up2 clamp upgrade so bad. I hate that clamp the we100 model comes with.
Is that an upgraded clamp you have? Just realized the Rat is FFG, and flat ground knives are very tricky to sharpen with the standard clamp.

Mandatory pic, pre-f*(K up
A0CCB0F9-9AFC-4D39-BFD1-7DB0C2A2B007.jpeg

Last edited:
Is that an upgraded clamp you have? Just realized the Rat is FFG, and flat ground knives are very tricky to sharpen with the standard clamp.
Mine is WE Go, double-taped to a thick and heavy Glass plate. I'm not sure if it'll go for upgrade, but I ordered what they called "Low angle Adapter", so yes, it could go for upgrade.
Basically, I use it for all my sharpening needs. All WE products are little bit on the expensive site, but I think they work very well, I'm very happy at least with my results.

27B245FC-F8D4-4721-956B-CDBC696EF7C6.jpeg
At some point in the last couple years my beloved 0566 Elmax got a hairline crack from the pivot hole to the stud hole.. I know it can happen with press fitted studs but still a bummer on a discontinued knife.. It took a while but I was able to score another Elmax user cheap enough on the bay for a blade swap. There’s a little bit of rust on everything but its cool to have a spare parts kit now too
7A9946B8-FF5C-490B-A8B5-371527080EE6.jpeg5ABE7854-5B87-4225-863A-599538EF336B.jpeg8C6103DB-CEC4-48B8-85F6-7B34FC6AEF4D.jpeg

Mine is WE Go, double-taped to a thick and heavy Glass plate. I'm not sure if it'll go for upgrade, but I ordered what they called "Low angle Adapter", so yes, it could go for upgrade.
Basically, I use it for all my sharpening needs. All WE products are little bit on the expensive site, but I think they work very well, I'm very happy at least with my results.
Cool. I don’t mind the angle, I have trouble getting the knife to sit still sometimes tho, depends on the grind. The clamp is like $300, but I think that will fix my problem I’m having with it..
gonna give it a shot next payday, because it is a great system other than the clamp

The clamp is like $300
It is actually $70+ on their site, $300 is the price of the "set" they sell - clamp, extended rods (that you don't really need) and clinometer ( that you have on your smart phone).
Honestly, it worth the dollars spent IMO.

Took my brand new never carried iMamba apart to go after a super light detent.

Excellent fit and finish on this knife, Arno Bernard Bros. make some high quality stuff.

- 13 ceramic balls per side
- D shaped (non show side) pivot
- Speaking of the pivot, you'll need a T-25
- Hidden clip screw that fits absolutely flush on the inside

Cold set the lock bar 1/64, needed more than that. Still soft.PXL_20230321_004255407.jpgPXL_20230321_005137068.PORTRAIT.jpgPXL_20230321_010050201.PORTRAIT.jpg

Back