• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

EDK in Maple

Up for sale is one of my EDKs (as dubbed by Lorien). I carried this for a week to test the sheath. The sheath is an experiment, it's multi-position (vertical and horizontal) and a snap on swiveling belt clip thingy. I like it, I prefer the regular pocket sheath I make but this functions well.

Specs:
Aldo 1084, whomped into submission
6 7/8" overall
2 3/4" cutting edge
1/8" at the spine
400x finish
Edge quenched and 3x tempered

The handle is birdseye maple with stainless fittings and one of my fob thingys that is removable if you don't like it. :p

I'm asking $85 including shipping CONUS. Prefer PayPal will accept MO or checks.

Thanks for looking and comments are welcome.

Attachments

• MapleEDK.jpg
    MapleEDK.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 866
  • MapleEDKsheath.jpg
    MapleEDKsheath.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 403
  • MapleEDKsheathClip.jpg
    MapleEDKsheathClip.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 402
  • MapleEDKinHAND.jpg
    MapleEDKinHAND.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 588
Last edited:
That is as fine as BB-Q in Oklahoma. EER, top notch that is. I love small knives. The grind an overall finish is fantastic!

Matt

Yes it is, thank you for looking. :D Just post an I'll take it and I'll hold the knife pending payment. :thumbup: I do warrant my knives as long as I'm able to work since I can't get my kids to even do leatherwork for me I can't get them to warrant my work. :p

Matt, thanks I think that's a compliment although I hated 99% of the barbeque I got in Oklahoma :p

Last edited:
Mr Leavitt,

You made a very nice knife,i like your design but i would like to see one with 1.5" added to the blade and .75 to 1" added to the handle,i think this would make for a more versatile blade.nice job.
Marc

Marc, thank you for the comments. The blade and handle are small to allow for pocket carry. I used to call this knife a "pocket knife" but that seemed awkward.

It looks like the knife can be carried sideways and behind the back so I can draw with my left hand? is that so?

It looks like the knife can be carried sideways and behind the back so I can draw with my left hand? is that so?

Yes you could wear it cross draw (to the left) on your back. The sheat is set up for right hand carry so it would be fine for a left handed draw from the back.

Yes Andrew, it's a knifeshaped thingy. :p

Thanks for looking gentlemen and Andrew :p

I, too, like the design of your knife. The size is just right for a "pocket knife." I also like the sheath. I find the snap and clip feature intriguing. What kind of snap do you use? Can you remove the clip and just insert the sheath in a pocket?

Paul

I, too, like the design of your knife. The size is just right for a "pocket knife." I also like the sheath. I find the snap and clip feature intriguing. What kind of snap do you use? Can you remove the clip and just insert the sheath in a pocket?

Paul

The clip is a large one from Tandy that can also go on your belt. The pocket clip attachment is a band that snaps together under the belt loop in the back of the sheath. Lorien has a similar knife/sheath and he carries the knife in his pocket while riding his mountain bike. Swiveling clip allows for the sheath to move while in your pocket to reducing sheath poking. :D I used a single glove snap to join the leather under the belt loop. To be honest there's a good enough friction fit that it's probably unecessary.

I used to call this style my "pocket knife."

what the hell is with all these questions?
85 dollars, and not sold yet. My faith in the intelligence of knife buyers is shattered!:p
This knife should be LONG gone by now.

Ps. I have one and it is FANTASTIC. :cool: Worth twice Will's asking price, easy. And no, I'm not on Will's payroll.

what the hell is with all these questions?
85 dollars, and not sold yet. My faith in the intelligence of knife buyers is shattered!:p
This knife should be LONG gone by now.

Ps. I have one and it is FANTASTIC. :cool: Worth twice Will's asking price, easy. And no, I'm not on Will's payroll.

i'll agree with that........and i dont even like Will ;)

You cant even buy a decent buck or gerber for that price, and this is a handmade damn that's cheap as it gets!!!!

Nice work Will

That's a great looking little knife. Plenty of handle and a very useful blade shape. Nice one!

sheesh:rolleyes: Finally.
:)

darn, i came back to buy this really fine looking knife & sheath.
Will,will ya make another just as sweet ?
roland

Ill Take It Will send me your paypal info

Marcus

Marcus gets the knife!! Yayyyyyyy :thumbup:

My paypal addy is will46r@yahoo.com

sorry for the delay getting back to you, between night shift and the "board repairs" :p

Thanks for the comments and for y'all looking. If you'd like one holler at me and we can talk about handles.

Back