Fat

Ban

Word has it that there are some really FAT stuff coming down the pipeline. Don't know when but sometime in the near future. I thought I heard 5/8" chopper and 1/2" BT4 :eek:

i can't wait to see how that fat-a$$ BT4 turns out...:D

You haven't seen nuthin yet. There is a piece of 9/16 10V and some D2 that will make that 3/8 one look anorexic. Not really my kinda thing but I guess there are some serious chubby chasers out there.

I have never understood the practicallity of fatties :confused:

Please enlighten me :)

I have never understood the practicallity of fatties :confused:

Please enlighten me :)

I would love to enlighten you in that regard but I can't because I am not a chubby chaser.:p Most of all my knives from EDCs to Tigress are 3/32 to 3/16. I actually prefer my knives thin for superior cutting geometry.

First and foremost, a knife is designed to cut and it has to do that well. If it can't do its primary job well then it is not that great a knife. I never pry or do stupid things that would break a knife. Prybars and hammers are much cheaper and work a whole lot better for their intended purposes.

But there are folks out there that like'em FAT! And they need lovin as well :D

Last edited:
Someone spent a bit too much time with J,,, :D

Can't wait to see these,,, :thumbup: :thumbup:

Man it took me forever to hand profile this sucker. Whoever sent me the piece and asked me to make a knife out of it is smoking crack!:grumpy:;) I am gonna have to charge him a arm and leg for it :D I sure as hell won't be doing these regularly.

Next to a regular 3/16 BT4 for comparison

5375832993_7fdb44a018_b.jpg

5375833839_ab9506b0e6_b.jpg

BAN THAT IS SICK YOUR HANDS MUST BE HOT DO YOU USE A TILE BIT TO CUT OUT THE BIG HOLES DON B.:thumbup:

BAN THAT IS SICK YOUR HANDS MUST BE HOT DO YOU USE A TILE BIT TO CUT OUT THE BIG HOLES DON B.:thumbup:

Those big holes were done on a waterjet. It was from a batch of blanks that Horton did for me a few years back.

BAN JUST PUT THE TAPE ON THE D2 11/16 THATS .6875 5/8 X 3 1/4 X15 1/4 THATS HUGE BABY BEEF DON B.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

DON, I KNOW BAN IS AWESOME AND ALL BUT CAPS ARE OVERDONE BUDDY!

Haha. In all seriousness, the Waterjet does a fine job cutting out perfectly round holes more so than I imagined

:eek: Dang. Thats fat. lol.

I dont get em, but they are neat. PITA to grind I imagine. :barf:

BT3?? I can dig it. :cool:

PITA is the right word for it. If you think .45 is fat. Try .70 :eek: Will probably take me all year to finish a chopper in that thickness. It is so thick it is truly ridiculous. That 3" X 15" piece weights almost 10lbs :eek:

5387958143_bc4cc74da8_b.jpg

Back