Give-away competition...# two, 2010 forum moose. WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Thank you!! DeadFall 27. The main blade was broken and all the blades were rusted and covered in tar, when I got it. So, I cleaned it up and ground the broken blade into a semi wharncliffe

Kevin... I've looked and looked and maybe at the top of the V, just right of center.

Johnny....So many great shots and composition !!

Festerfromnzed... love your style

Under the leaf to prop it to catch the sun. The more I think the more its not like Waldo! Ooops. You guys have fun with this competition :)

I usually post in the sunday thread but this past sunday I had the best time in the woods leaving my camera home. The shot of my Scagel I made a point to angle it to catch the reflection of the sun filled woods behind me on the bolster properly exposed. Since I was busy taking a pic of a knife I was missing it. Blue sky and rich warm sun down by the river... :p

TOOLS

tools001.jpg

Thanks guys. :thumbup:

Kevin, that camp knife is one of my favorites and I was pleased with how the pic came out.

P1014546.jpg

Not an entry!

Wonderful and entertaining GA, Duncan.

It's too hard to drag my trusty scanner out into the wilderness, from my city perch - so no pics!:D

But I sure enjoy this thread!

Johnny that camp knife would be in my pocket all the time if it was mine. I can see why you like it. Great pics as usual btw. It goes without being said :)

If you wonder why I would have propped a leaf...it was for a girl that needed some help.

A conversation arose and something must have made sense. One of the last deep conversations I had with my grandfather was about life. He lived a long and enjoyable life. He told me when he looks back life was different then when he looked forward trudging along. He ended up telling me that looking back life was more like a river and you are a leaf floating along. You have less control then you think, sometimes limited to interacting with what comes your way and what surrounds you. Though when the river comes to a V you may want to go one way but the river will take you another. The conversation was longer and of course he was much better with words then I am, but the leaf pictures were inspired by the thoughts.

The girl ended up picking the next photo as the 'right' one. It shows a tiny leaf the size of my thumb making its way over a small creek fall. Everything else but the very 'faced forward' of the leaf is a blurr. A few drops in focus moving along pushing with the leaf. The colorful leaf showing signs of life and the brown leaf at the bottom coming to its end, stuck in turbulence at the bottom of the falls as other life filled leaves pass right by, or may also find them selves stuck at there end.

KRG_5299-1.jpg

I know, way to much for a silly photo.

Im enjoying seeing everyone's photos and once again, Duncan this is very generous!

Kevin, that is a great shot with a ton of sentimental value attached to it.
Your grandfather had a lot of wisdom, I am sure you will always remember the things he taught you. It's a blessing to have known someone so correct about life. :thumbup:

I was one of the lucky winners of the last photo giveaway, Duncan introduced me to one of my favorite knives. The #56 Dogleg jack has a special place in my collection and is never far from the pocket. It has garnered a lot of attention and it's a well liked pocket pal. I have spent many autumn evenings with this knife in my pocket, sitting at the base of a tree hoping that a bushytail would make a mistake.
P1014516.jpg

Here´s a pic of my backyard, we had some rain and so the stream is a little bit angry ;)

I just wanted to share the nice landscape and the Buck 301 was somekind in the way ;)

IMG_1058.jpg

Kind regards
Andi

so i know i am no good when it comes to photography
but it cant hurt to try and practice makes perfect and all that good stuff right?

so here are a couple of my sodbusters (soddy brothers?)

006-3.jpg

011-1.jpg

I think those pics are good, I would just continue to practice.
Once you get a pic that you really like, remember the setting and technique you used in taking the shot, then apply it to the rest of your work.

Nature gives us the ability to really try out our own ideas on composition, just keep shooting. :thumbup:

thanks johnny

i took a few minutes and tried again
its beautiful here in Mississippi today (about 77 degree's) but its cloudy and overcast

but here is what i came up with

014-1.jpg

012-1.jpg

KRG_9608-2.jpg

I was out trying to catch this hawk that keeps teasing me on foggy days.

The telephoto is not the best at close up shots.

Man, Maybe I just aughta shut up at times, but This Forum of Traditionals has something I relate to very very strongly, Im glad you guys are enjoying it, Im not putting in any photos of mine this time, but the improvement of photos is just awesome...you can really see the thought going in here.
Festerfromenzed... my Kiwi mate, now your photos are TENFOLD... you can see the thought, the setting....colouring...everything is going into that frame mate, and it is real good to see, Doug, your photos are rocketing up very fast...you are obviously paying attention to Rick, J2shoes and Kevin as well...Kevin, your last shot is simply awesome, as most of yours are lately.
Thank you for our time and talents.

I'm not much of a photographer, but my wife is. We're going to take some pictures. I think that should probably take me out of the running, unfortunately, but hopefully I can share some pictures as beautiful as these.

Back