Hinderer forum gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll bite too...
Where do you get your facts to support that the Hinderer forum was closed due to speculation, hearsay and whatnot on the part of forum members? It usually takes two to tango. And what the hell is whatnot? :confused:

Poor comprehension on your part. I never said why the hinderer forum was closed. Not even speculated it.

No. You made a lot of noise, most of which didn't make much sense. But I have neither the desire nor the inclination to remain engaged with you. So you win. Happy now?

Oh boy, another Karda pissing contest. Isn't there some rule about butting into a thread and intentionally derailing it?

The thing I think should be noted again is that this forum gave Hinderer knives MASSIVE exposure, a metric ton of hype and accordingly increased orders. These forums are excellent for people looking to find the next best thing. They found it, they bought it. I never took the time to post in there and tell them that the XM-18 is very small in hand, not especially smooth or special enough to justify the cost. What mattered to me was other people willing to buy it and not losing money in the process. No love or hate from me for the brand, I paid to see the hype, saw the norm.

Well, I have bee a moderator, supermoderator, manufacturer rep and have worked in sales the better part of my life. Positions that leave me uniquely qualified to see both sides of the story. What are your credentials again?

Whos derailing or butting in? Aside from answering trolls, my posts were on topic. Are you here to discuss the topic or the other posters?

When you quote me, please quote in context.

I replied with my opinion. Instead of answering my opinion you try even more 'verbal judo'. Please respond with something related to the topic.

Since he is done with the bait and 'verbal judo' what is your opinion of my original post in this thread?

I can see why they probably closed it.
Still don't think it's a good business decision.

I'm seeing myself as an average knife nut and before joining this forum I never even heard of Hinderer.
I can imagine there are more than just me who because of this move will not be exposed to that company and thus it will be less likely that they buy their products.

BF is The knife place in the Internetz and the only one me and probably others frequent. From a business perspective I can not see how any manufacturer can afford not to be present here unless their sales/ production are already maxed out using different marketing strategies.

No. You made a lot of noise, most of which didn't make much sense. But I have neither the desire nor the inclination to remain engaged with you. So you win. Happy now?

The concept of manners and civility often elude those who've not taken the time to cultivate or practice it.

Since he is done with the bait and 'verbal judo' what is your opinion of my original post in this thread?

I'm not sure what the real springboard was for Hinderer popularity. Not that XM-18s aren't nice knives. They are. But not nice enough to command the kind of prices they were getting on the secondary market when I first looked at them. I suspect part of it had to do with the the whole Mil/LEO/EMT lore surrounding them. Little did people know that XM-18s were purpose-built to service that community and contained a feature that most civilians found distracting at best . . . weak detents. Given the high secondary market prices, the weak detent issue, and the moderators' itchy trigger fingers, the seeds of the subforum's destruction were sewn early on.

I'm not sure what the real springboard was for Hinderer popularity. Not that XM-18s aren't nice knives. They are. But not nice enough to command the kind of prices they were getting on the secondary market when I first looked at them. I suspect part of it had to do with the the whole Mil/LEO/EMT lore surrounding them. Little did people know that XM-18s were purpose-built to service that community and contained a feature that most civilians found distracting . . . weak detents. Between the high secondary market prices, the weak detent issue, and the moderators' itchy trigger fingers, the seeds of the subforum's destruction were sewn early on.

Again....where are the facts to support your speculative assertions?

What part of I'm not going to engage with you any further don't you understand? If you choose not to believe what I'm saying, then don't. You are now on my ignore list.

Have a nice day. :)

What part of I'm not going to engage with you any further don't you understand? If you choose not to believe what I'm saying, then don't. You are now on my ignore list.

Have a nice day. :)

You are very welcome to add me to your ignore list and also to take your ball and go home.
Have a nice day, yourself. :)

Seems we're pretty close in opinions, I see it as more of an invented and carefully cultivated image that clashed with the reality of use and those who actually use.

Not entirely true. Some people's only goal is to apparently "generate heat". Their posts serve no purpose other than to stir things up, bring attention to themselves and incite as many people as possible.
And the subjects of that heat may well be more disposed to making excellent knives than wasting time on trying in vain to satisfy people who will not be satisfied.
I own two Hinderers. Don't think I posted in their forum once. Won't miss it. Still plan on getting my XM-24. :thumbup:

And there you have it. Participation on this forum is not mandatory. It's not even expected by most customers. I know my favorite manufacturer has numerous customers that won't even register to this site because of it own reputation and the quality of some of it's members. It's a big world-wide-web and there are places all over it to do business in. If hinderer chooses to not do business here, that is their business. They don't owe anyone explanation. They don't deserve the rampant speculation of those set on further harming their business either.

And there you have what exactly? You make no sense. G
And there you have it. Participation on this forum is not mandatory. It's not even expected by most customers. I know my favorite manufacturer has numerous customers that won't even register to this site because of it own reputation and the quality of some of it's members. It's a big world-wide-web and there are places all over it to do business in. If hinderer chooses to not do business here, that is their business. They don't owe anyone explanation. They don't deserve the rampant speculation of those set on further harming their business either.

I've been trying to post...and getting some strange reaction.....:confused:

But trust me, it was brilliant stuff! Upshot was that I was agreeing with Esavs earlier post about moderating a maker/manufacturer forum and I had added:

Either the subforum has to be solely for the fans to share their positive experiences with the brand and its lifestyle where the critiques go to General as to not spoil the fans enjoyment, or the subforum has to be open to the critiques...and the Manufacturer/Knifemaker has to deal with it.

You cant have both. Its reality. But many "non forum"-types instituted as mods at these type of forums dont realize it.

I don't know if that was the case here...I wont speculate.

That is to say, either toss the "critics/haters/trolls" over to General and leave them alone there....or deal with them in your subforum. Gotta pick one.

Again, don't know (or care) if that is what went down here, but its too bad, in my opinion, that the forum shut down.

That is to say, either toss the "critics/haters/trolls" over to General and leave them alone there....or deal with them in your subforum. Gotta pick one.

Again, don't know (or care) if that is what went down here, but its too bad, in my opinion, that the forum shut down.

And as long as that's the way it is, no one should be surprised if a manufacturer decides that being here is not for them. I for one, respect their decision, for whatever reason and that's the end of it. I wish them well.

In my opinion, one should be a bit surprised that the folks who leave because they cannot figure how to run their forum, cannot figure out how to run their forum.

(Again, no idea if it is the case here.)

There are more than enough sucessfully run manufacturer/maker subforums around to see how it works.

The whole thing was something I first learned years ago at "another place" from someone not held in terribly high regard, but did run a successful similar subforum. Dude was a loon, but he got that part right...so its not rocket science.

Anyway...its all moot. I have no idea what happened here, and there didn't seem to be much of a buildup to base a conclusion upon.

Guess the Hinderer mods just got tired of trying to get everyone to sing Kumbaya all the time. Which raises an interesting question. Can a forum moderator who is not a supermod move a thread to a forum other than his own? Presumably the only forum they'd need to have as a backdoor would be GKD, right? Or would they need W&C too? ;) :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back