HYBRID! Meet the FFG BK17!

It's still awesome, and it's the next morning. usually when I get drunk and take a date home I wanna run in the morning....but in this case I still like her LOL

Damn, I'm still diggin' this one! :thumbup: You gonna offer this service?

Damn, I'm still diggin' this one! :thumbup: You gonna offer this service?

Hey, stranger...

The grinding is the "easy" part. The polishing part I wouldn't have time for in quantity -- eats up too much time.

Still packing this one around, I will have a review shortly...I imagine I will make a post in the passaround thread.

also, who am I sending this to?

Still packing this one around, I will have a review shortly...I imagine I will make a post in the passaround thread.

also, who am I sending this to?

If you still have the box there should have been a note inside with the next address in it. If not I'll PM you the address. JWL is up.

If you still have the box there should have been a note inside with the next address in it. If not I'll PM you the address. JWL is up.

I shall look, I do think there was a paper in it..but i was too busy squealing and grabbing the shiny knife to notice any note LOL

Wow, I freaking love that thing! I want 2, one with a stonewashed blade, for a user, and another exactly like yours, to stare at & fondle while giggling like a teenage girl! I love the improved jimping also, I've been working on that myself, did my 14 first (didn't turn out so great), then my 2(much better), and most recently my 4" Cold Steel Voyager (turned out nearly perfect, looks like it came that way from the factory!). Speaking of jimping, Warrior,what did you use, a Dremel? That's what I used, by my third one, I was really happy with the results, don't give up, you can do it, it just takes a little practice & a steady hand. Also, I found that going a little faster than feels comfortable actually helps, my lines were straighter, and the depth was more consistent. Slower means sloppier somehow, as weird as that sounds. Just my 2 cents. Anyways thanks again K-9, great work!

How'd i miss this ? VERY nicely done !!!!

Not sure how you missed it. It was posted in mid-July, then became a passaround knife. First to get it was Thrill, where it languishes to this day. Because I felt bad that the others didn't get a chance to experience it I built another and sent it along. Follow the continuing story below in a thread titled "FFG BK17 Passaround!..."
Osodavis dug this thread out of the recent archives...

I will be carrying one of his as a pass around at Ethan's Gathering next month. I can't wait!

LarsMacros10.jpg

well-done-good-sir.jpg

Back