infraction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay okay I'm an old booger so I got to step back and wrap my brain around all this...hmmmm...

1. I go into the bar right up to the bartender "Im Greykilt. Gimme a cider."
2. He say "No Cider."
3. I say "You Jerk!"
4. He say "Dont talk like that here. If you do, leave. Behave, stay.
5. I'm mad. I have righteous indignation. How dare You tell Me to behave! I storm out into the night.
6. I decide to change my name from Greykilt to Tom.
7. Next day I walk into the bar right up to that bartender.
8. He say "Wern't you that rude Greykilt guy in here yesterday? "
9. "Why no. No. Not at all. I'm Tom. Now gimme a cider, Jerk!"

Oh yeah, sounds like a plan to me. No one will ever know.......

:thumbup: this. You're post seemed out of line. Man up, own your crap and apologize, or leave. The great thing about this forum is even when members disagree on a topic, they usually remain CIVIL to each other.

:thumbup: this. You're post seemed out of line. Man up, own your crap and apologize, or leave. The great thing about this forum is even when members disagree on a topic, they usually remain CIVIL to each other.

i have apologized, i don't know how you missed it but i'd recommend going back and reading my previous posts.

i have apologized, i don't know how you missed it but i'd recommend going back and reading my previous posts.

Unfortunately, it was a little too little too late. You had the chance to plead your case and make it good, but you were angry and hurt. Understandable. But when offered an olive branch dont swat it out of the hand, take it and run with it. Instead you stonewalled and demanded an apology first before you would reciprocate. Bad move. Your nonpology was just that.

I hate to see these things happen, but they are so easily taken care of by swallowing your pride and admitting defeat and starting over on the high ground.

I have a young one in my house close to your age, and yes that one when confronted will bite back at their own detriment. Fortunately in their case I have to accept later terms of endearment, forgive and forget. Unfortunately for your case, you had the chance and threw it away. The people who run this site dont have to forgive or forget, but on the rare occasion that they offer a truce, please dont look the other direction.

if this site is so screwed up then why don't you just leave and go bother the mods on some other form?
Ah but the mind of a teenager is both deep and warped, easy to manipulate but at the same time so skewed. Free room and board, free education, and little chance of serious trouble. Once that mind reaches the age of 21 though the world changes, they have not. The real world is not a kind and forgiving entity, its a monster that will eat you alive at any given opportunity. I call it "Harden the **** UP" or get chewed up. Its a hard lesson but until the brain fully matures the only way to get through is a hard smack upside the head. And even then they are still the victim in their view.

Ah but the mind of a teenager is both deep and warped, easy to manipulate but at the same time so skewed. Free room and board, free education, and little chance of serious trouble. Once that mind reaches the age of 21 though the world changes, they have not. The real world is not a kind and forgiving entity, its a monster that will eat you alive at any given opportunity. I call it "Harden the **** UP" or get chewed up. Its a hard lesson but until the brain fully matures the only way to get through is a hard smack upside the head. And even then they are still the victim in their view.

Truth. I wince every time I think about my attitudes when I was 16. Or when I was 18. Or 21. Or...

Unfortunately, it was a little too little too late. You had the chance to plead your case and make it good, but you were angry and hurt. Understandable. But when offered an olive branch dont swat it out of the hand, take it and run with it. Instead you stonewalled and demanded an apology first before you would reciprocate. Bad move. Your nonpology was just that.

I hate to see these things happen, but they are so easily taken care of by swallowing your pride and admitting defeat and starting over on the high ground.

I have a young one in my house close to your age, and yes that one when confronted will bite back at their own detriment. Fortunately in their case I have to accept later terms of endearment, forgive and forget. Unfortunately for your case, you had the chance and threw it away. The people who run this site dont have to forgive or forget, but on the rare occasion that they offer a truce, please dont look the other direction.
well to be far i don't see why its to late, i apologized 5 hours after guyon posted "i wasn't awake when he posted" i took peoples advice and tried to right a visitor message but it wouldn't let me 'i'm guessing because i don't have a paid membership'. but judging from his comment i don't think he even wants an apology. i did everything i was told to "i read every rule on the site" and apologize to the mod that gave me the infraction.

well to be far i don't see why its to late, i apologized 5 hours after guyon posted "i wasn't awake when he posted" i took peoples advice and tried to right a visitor message but it wouldn't let me 'i'm guessing because i don't have a paid membership'. but judging from his comment i don't think he even wants an apology. i did everything i was told to "i read every rule on the site" and apologize to the mod that gave me the infraction.

But you are still here arguing about it...

That is part of the problem. Apologize (yes, again), hit the "Report Post" button and ask a mod to lock the thread, and WALK AWAY.

And then there's that whole deal about brains not fully developing until age 25.... so, ya know, that can be a factor as well. :)

And then there's that whole deal about brains not fully developing until age 25.... so, ya know, that can be a factor as well. :)

don't you have better things to do? like maybe a job? all you've done is annoy me, it seems to me your brain must not have simply ever developed

don't you have better things to do? like maybe a job? all you've done is annoy me, it seems to me your brain must not have simply ever developed
Is that a bad thing? I hope my brain didn't stop improving after 25. That would be horrible!

So what kind of knives are you interested in?

I got my own little infraction warning too, so all that means is you've joined the club. I learned my lesson from it. Just be nice from here on out and you'll be fine.

As many have mentioned, you have the right to lock threads that you created. You can end this one whenever you are ready to. Then go explore the rest of the site and enjoy yourself.

Is that a bad thing? I hope my brain didn't stop improving after 25. That would be horrible!
i said quote 'your brain must have not simply ever developed' what did i say about you people and actually reading correctly:)? i regret to inform you that you may also suffer from daddyo16's condition.

So what kind of knives are you interested in?

I got my own little infraction warning too, so all that means is you've joined the club. I learned my lesson from it. Just be nice from here on out and you'll be fine.

As many have mentioned, you have the right to lock threads that you created. You can end this one whenever you are ready to. Then go explore the rest of the site and enjoy yourself.
I like esee's and beckers my favorite being my esee5, as for closing the thread, i'd rather keep it open its quite comical. hopefully bladite and guyon will forgive me in the future:)

It's simple. This forum largely seems to be run by people that can dish it out but can't take it. I see mods doing shit that would get anyone else banhammered all the time, but it gets a pass because "Oh dear, you can't talk bad to a mod!" Quite sad, as behind all of this eggshell-walking bullshit there's some good conversation to be had. Right up to the point where a mod disagrees with you and your thread gets shut down.

Mods or moms? I'm not sure which. Pretty certain the next rule added to the list will be "clean your room" though.

if i don't get apologized to first then i wont apologize, especially since my end was a misunderstanding and his was a rude attack. i think the only people who need to man up are the ones who telling me too. i get that he's friends with many of you and is highly known on this website and that's why you defend him, but if you were to actually read my end and understand where i'm coming from maybe you'd agree with me. this whole thing has set me off bladeforums and i will most likely not use it again unless its on a different account. i honestly feel that i'm in a concentration camp when on these forums. the rules are to strict and having to pay for a membership especially when its so expensive just to have your account banned is unacceptable. i guess ill be going to a forum where they support the freedom of speech and don't act like children when someone says a "potty" word i thought you had to be over 18 to use a buy a knife?;) seeya!

Not if I see you first. Mate.
I had a very similar conversation to this with my 21yo eldest son yesterday.Hes my son and i love him but what had to be said to him by me because his mother is an enabler of his petulant behaviour(we separated when he was 4) would have got me chucked off here until 3000AD.
I'll summarise the message for you -"Grow Up".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back