• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Is Jack Crazy?

Is Jack Crazy?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• Maybe.

• Leave him Alone.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by RyanMalpiede
... I am tired of talking to someone who IMHO is in need of medication.

I'm glad you said it before I had to...

Originally posted by RyanMalpiede
Jack yelled at me loud enough that I had to hold the phone away from my ear for pretty much about 75% of the conversation.

I can't believe you were on the phone through even the first round of profanities, much less 2 hours.
:eek:

Rdangerer: I was trying to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. I was trying to figure out if Jack had a recent death in the family, a recent divorce, or forgot to take his meds that night.

All I got for my understanding was more verbal abuse.

I have tried to figure Jack out. I "almost" bought two knives from jack but I got real hinky from the high pressure tactics. Jack called me a "punk", and explained to me how the PLAYA's play.

So now I figure I am a little smarter when it comes to buying custom knives here. I see a Brad Duncan Whiplash for sale, and I happen to really like Brad's knives, but Jack beat me to it. In the meantime, the Knife's price increased. Since I firmly belive Jack DEALS in KNIVES, I expected the price increase. I No longer have enough cash to buy the whiplash. Well if ya snooze ya lose. But not with Jack. The pressure was enormous, the E-mails plentiful. Mail me $300.00 now, and the other $100 in ten days. "No, Jack." Why, why, why, why, why, why, why, why, why, why, etc. I felt like I was being pushed to buy a used subaru. I finally had to tell Jack to stick it up his A$$.

Now, everyone knows Jack thinks of me as a small potatoe in the knife world and that I am no PLAYA. But man do I love knives, I am trying to learn as much as I can about knives, and one day I hope to have a gorgeous collection of knives. but I can only buy what I can afford to and I sure as hell will never buy from Jack. Nothing personal, I do not know the guy. I do know he is wound far too tight for me, is far too driven to make the almighty buck and that's how he looks at every knife, and how he looks at BF. A place for knife deals.

Jack is a high pressure knife Dealer with no tact, no diplomacy, and with only one person in mind in every deal, JACK. Jack is thin-skinned and needs to be constantly reminded that he is honest. That is one of the requirements when you DEAL with Jack, a "good post" in GB&U. Does that make Jack crazy? I don't know if he's crazy, but I do know he sure is lacking in self-control and he thinks a Man is judged by what he has in his wallet, and that if JAXURMAN says it's his, IT IS.

But in one day, over one knife, Jack has blown his integrity, and credibility to hell, and has painted a much clearer picture of the high-strung knife dealer he really is...................Ira

Ryan, I hate to break it to you, but you seem to miss the beauty of communication forms such as the phone - all you need to do is put it down! :) Same with email bombardment - the delete button is such a wonderful thing! Who cares about reading emails you know will be of no interest! :) :) :)

I've met Jack in person - he really strikes me as a 12 year old trapped in a 40 year old body. Perhaps it's something like the movie BIG with Tom Hanks...execpt for the whole FAO Schwartz dancing piano thing.

~Mitch

UW Mitch: I guess the woman in me feels that every adverse situation can be defused through communication ... in this case it just got me threatened.

As for Jack being a child ... you might be on to something.

*This post is not meant to bash Jack, I just know for a fact that their are new members being pressured to close deals & post GOODS. They are doing it because he makes it seem like it's protocol around here. This & all the other harassment he creates needs to stop now.

There was another thread recently, it wasn't about Jax until Jax jumped in mouth first saying that I hated him and was picking on him everywhere. :rolleyes:
It wasn't true of course like most of his delusions, but you know what I felt kind of bad. So I made Jax up an Avatar just to kind of show there was no hard feelings. I invited him into Chat to pick it up, but he never showed up. So I may as well post it here.

Jax, this is for you, No Charge!
Enjoy.

This is not about a GB&U knife deal.

Take it to WHine and Cheese if you want.

There was some confusion here because the whole idea of taking a poll to see how many people think someone is crazy is a Whine & Cheese Forum kind of thread, not serious at all -- but some information possibly of interest to people considering dealing with and especially giving their home phone number to jaxurman was posted in what appeared to be a purely frivolous thread....

Well, however it happened, a screwup occurred and your post was deleted, Ryan, and there wasn't even a backup copy made before it was deleted. (That is NOT Bladeforums policy -- it was a screwup; we normally keep a copy of anything we delete from the forums.)

Any chance you can restore the post, Ryan? I hope you kept a copy....

As for the poll, how about posting that in Whine & Cheese? If at all.... That doesn't really belong here in TGB&U; this forum is supposed to be more or less serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back