Italian Khukri- Made in Texas!

That thing is looki'n good ndog! The patina that the copper has taken on really makes the brass inlays pop!

Thanks yall! I really do like the way it has aged. Shavru. She uses olive oil on it. Since we pour olive oil all over our pizzas anyway it pretty much gets self oiled. I do sneak in there and rub a touch of mineral oil on the wood when I think about it. I had a crazy thought to knap me a paleo stone blade for one. Wonder how that would work? Id have to use a tough stone so I wouldnt get rock chips in the pizza:D Maybe grind the edge? Ill put that on my to do list with the Mezzaluna.

Note to self. When at Ndogs avoid the pizza.

Or at very least closely observe the cutting process.

Man, your slicer gets more and more awesomer looking every time you post it!

Have we done a pizza recipe thread yet? I love making pizza on my Big Green Egg but I only do it when it's cold out since the dang thing gets so hot. It's finally getting cold enough out to start up again.

Speaking of odd toppings, pickles are actually pretty good.

Damn Dog! That pizza cutter is looking GOOD! It's beautiful, if we ever get stuck in the doghouse, make sure we bring that beauty in with us too.

NDog, if you make a Paleo Mezzaluna I DEFINATELY want pictures. Lots and LOTS of pictures. Could make it similar to that Eskimo knife the Uula I think it is called. That wouldn't be too challenging to knap. LOL, And if the rocker is big enough it sure would cut Pizza well.

NDog, if you make a Paleo Mezzaluna I DEFINATELY want pictures. Lots and LOTS of pictures. Could make it similar to that Eskimo knife the Uula I think it is called. That wouldn't be too challenging to knap. LOL, And if the rocker is big enough it sure would cut Pizza well.

That would be great! I do like the Ulua's too. I will eventually make one of those. The Mezzaluna might just be a project soon too. That would take an awful large piece of stone to do it paleo but sure would be cool. If I can find a big enough basalt spall I bet that would work. Ill keep it in mind:thumbup:

Cul I dont think she will let me take it from the house. I had lots of trouble convincing her it needs a lanyard hole. She let me do it but I dont think its going anywhere. We'll just have to use the Farmcata or the Katana on my ironwood cutting block:D

Last edited:
Well it's no secret that me and my wife have been very jealous and envious of the much coveted Ndog pizza slicer.

Sorely lacking in his metal working capabilities but still wanting a nice pizza cutter my wife got me a kit to make one. Really nice kit, put your own handle on type of a deally hymer.

Well as mentioned over in the show room I was kind of running low with a bad cold and just a tinkering, and decided to tinker with the pizza cutter.

She got a piece of stabilized wood with it that was big enough for grips but I thought stabilized wood would be the best thing for a food cutting tool too so I used it for this.

I kind of wanted to do the khukri look like Ndog did but didn't want to be a gosh durned copy cat, plus I didn't have enough material to do that so I went for the basic round style. I had no intention of really finishing it but it went so well I basically did finish it.

Here's the kit, she also got a ice cream scooper and a bottle opener, haven't touched those yet.

And the finished product.

Although this was relatively cheap it's very decent quality and should work way more gooder than the cheap junky ones we've used before.

Don't feel much like eating pizza at the moment but I'm anxious to give it a try someday soon.

Lookin good! I just picked me up some wood for handles and such. Got me some Wenge and Zircote scales, 2 Myrtle blocks, and a gorgeous block of Olive wood. The Olive block is a little bigger than the others, and I was hoping it would be big enough to use to rehandle my AK Bowie, but unfortunately the piece is just a little too narrow. Now it's awaiting another use.

oh. the huge manatee! when will it stop? how many poor little pizzas will succumb to terrorist attacks by these razor sharp cutters? i hear their wielders even eat their victims! poor little things suffer the death of multiple cross-cuts in agony after being ripped from their nice sub-zero homes, plunged into an oven where they receive second (and maybe third) degree burns. how many more pizza mothers will weep for their children, and fathers hide their heads in shame for not stopping this violence? you must repent your sins and send me that cutter so i can cleanse it's evil soul and rededicate it to the service of the light. i hear california is well on the way to banning outright the sale, use, and possession of these tools of terror after the recent revelation that a chinese undocumented pizza wheel was found to have infiltrated the white house kitchen. why, who knows what evil may have been absorbed by our fearless leader. our beloved POTUS will build an unbroken chain link fence from canada to mexico to assist in stopping the flow of these weapons of mass destruction...

please send your pre-sharpened pizza cutter to:

pizza lovers anonymous rehabilitation foundation
101 east street (west)
north fraggle, south london, UK
GB23 1LBJ

don't forget to pay the prepaid shipping, export and import taxes and handling fees, the homeland security mishandling tax, the ATF inspection tax and include a copy of the california state police investigation tax exemption certificate as well as a copy of you federal and state firearms and weapons of mass destruction license and receipts of payment for same. include three copies of a passport sized photo of your dog (poppy asked for that one). inclusion of ammunition for the cutter is optional, but arranging to ship via refrigerated carrier is highly recommended. we cannot be responsible for their survival if you do not. remember, the pizza you save may help feed starving illegal immigrant ISIS worshippers and their families. ah, the cute little cuddly ISIS children. how soon they blow up.

p.s. nice wood on that!

i think you need FFL to ship them now Kronk. May even have to register them with the drone program if you plan to fly them over the wall!

Great job Mr. B! That sure came with a cool piece of wood! Nice ice cream scoop too. My wife is an ice cream nut like none other. Maybe ill have to make her a Khuk scoop to go with hers. Hmmm? Theres an ideer!

That sure does look pretty. Great piece of wood and you fit it to the shape incredibly well. Too bad you didn't put the bottle opener on the other end of it. I can't eat pizza without beer :D Could have had the entire meal served with one double ended tool!

Actually that's a fine idea and I could have easily done that. The bottle opener would have been an excellent way to hang it on a hook too, better than a lanyard or whatever I put on this to accomplish that.
I'd do it now but I doubt I'd be able to get that piece off without destroying the whole operation, might give it a twist and hope the glue didn't hold well. Might just get lucky.

Bottle opener! I didnt even notice that! Great ideer Shav:thumbup: Aww..man yall gonna make me get into another project:eek: Naw..Got too much stuff to do after new year anyways. Ill just kick back and watch Marster B. work for a while. So those come in kits? Wood turning kits I guess?

Everything is for the wife, anything just for me is just to keep moral up. Anybody married more than 6 months knows that.

Back