It's time to kill the Old Red Rooster

How do I kill the Old Red Rooster

• BK9

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BK5

• I dont want to know! No pics no way!

• I dont care as long as its a Becker and you post pics!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what would be really funny? If you slipped while attacking your rooster and sliced your femoral artery and bled out and your rooster pecked your eyes out.
If that happens please have your wife post some photos. I'll bust a gut.

Uh, not even sure what to say about that one. I'll just pretend I didn't read it and go on with my day (well night, actually).

PETA == people eating tasty animals

you know the REAL agenda of peta? nobody having pets, nobody farming animals, and basically, when you get down to it, ALL animals dead. period. nice attitude eh?

then what are you going to eat? :)

That whizbang chicken plucker is amazing!

PETA == people eating tasty animals

you know the REAL agenda of peta? nobody having pets, nobody farming animals, and basically, when you get down to it, ALL animals dead. period. nice attitude eh?

then what are you going to eat? :)

We're going to eat PETA members at that point.

I once had to dispatch a turkey with a serrated bred knife!

It was all we had, and the neighbors had left the city for the weekend (they had a hatchet).

It was in Bulgaria, so to of my buddies had to go catch the sucker themselves!

Anything you are thinking of using will have to be better and quicker than sawing the head off with a bread knife.

Have at it, and keep us updated!

A friends dad had a bunch of big broiler on their way to become chicken stew, and he used a scythe. My dad usually takes his silenced .22 cal and picks em off from a distance..

ps. Aint got no BK's yet regretably, but I'm a Beckerhead at heart, and very much enjoy this subforum!
In my mind I have a 16, 11 and a nine, possibly a seven and maybe even a machax. Plus the 5. And a 2 is mandatory. :) ds.

Just recently had to butcher 3 accidental hybrid roosters a friend gave me. I used a Kabar Cutlass machete and it did the trick quite fine. After that experience I would suggest the BK9. The larger/longer blade was quite nice.

Man those roosters were tasty.

Charlie

You know what would be really funny? If you slipped while attacking your rooster and sliced your femoral artery and bled out and your rooster pecked your eyes out.

Thanks Esav. You beat me to it. Larry Turko, you're on my watch list.

Psyop,

Remember to save his feet. You used to be able to buy bags of chicken feet for cheap. They made the best chicken broth.

My mother’s soup recipe calls for one stewing chicken (or rooster), and one pound of chicken feet.

Psyop,

Remember to save his feet. You used to be able to buy bags of chicken feet for cheap. They made the best chicken broth.

My mother’s soup recipe calls for one stewing chicken (or rooster), and one pound of chicken feet.

Ive never used chicken feet. Do you just wash them and freeze?

douchebag

Killing cones work well and are less messy. We have killed chickens by the dozen and to move the chickens along they are placed upside down in killing cones, then simply slit the throat and let it bleed out into the pail below to contain the mess. This is far better than spending a day of mass execution chopping off heads on a large round of firewood covered in blood all over the place, not to mention the extra flies. Then move on to the scalding barrel, and followed by the messy but efficient rotating feather plucker, gut and chill.

Well thanks for the comments (most of them) I went with the BK9 its now been turned into food. I will put together a thread later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back