Jumping on the spinner craze

So today I jumped on the spinner craze! But with a different twist; seeing as how most of the things I make revolve around spinning it like a karambit I figured this should be no exception. So on top of being another fidget spinner for the community it also can be spun like a karambit or keys. It's a brass body with a simple skateboard bearing in the center, I'm not aiming for any record breaking spins here. Definitely not aiming for another $100+ spinner. My idea of a fidget spinner is a little more "active" so to speak and much more affordable for a metal body. I used to spin my very square shaped Blackberry Pearl phone in my fingers all the time, so I don't mind giving it a spin every couple of seconds instead of just watching how long it can spin. Hope that makes sense lol.

Anyways thanks for looking! Here it is.

[video]https://www.instagram.com/p/BO0avWelFIV/[/video]

ej3K0CF.jpg

Qjhahrg.jpg

qOVz5pw.jpg

Last edited:
This is why I cut down on "stuff" and try to put my money in things that matter. Thanks for healthy reminder.

I did not know about them till my new son in law showed me. I made a few of
Them but they did jot hold my attention long. Paperstone and g10
e9dbf7cf494887f84d616a40c981235e.jpg
3d1e92ec1bfcf76bb76dbaa51eeb2a39.jpg

It's an adult fidget toy. For people you see at work during a meeting who are constantly clicking a pen, doodling, biting their nails, tapping a chair, bouncing a leg, etc. Just a means to channel nervous energy or anxiety. Pretty ingenious really. Popular for those with ADHD as well.

This topic has been discussed elsewhere. Mostly, it's a matter of more money than brains, but to each his own. Do these go well with $500 pocket pry bars?

It's an adult fidget toy. For people you see at work during a meeting who are constantly clicking a pen, doodling, biting their nails, tapping a chair, bouncing a leg, etc. Just a means to channel nervous energy or anxiety. Pretty ingenious really. Popular for those with ADHD as well.

OR.....

They could just keep clicking that $0.25 pen and call it good.

To each their own. I mean this is a forum where people discuss and purchase knives that cost hundreds and even thousands of dollars. While I personally don't own a spinner, I do own alot of other edc gear that costs alot more than any spinner does. So I'm not gonna knock it.

I suspect they are rather illegal in most places like blackjacks. Anyway, "spinners" are one of two things to me mostly: (1) a fishing lure type, and (2) a device used to spin in the wind (wind spinner). Have both of those.

FYI, if I dig around a fair amount, I could probably come up with a slim jim or blackjack or three in my "stuff". This is stuff I played around with 20-30 years ago.

I remember when EDC was about the weapons and equipment you relied on to get you home safe at the end of the day.

SMH (isn't that what kids say these days?)

Although it seems silly to me I am one of those people who fidget and spin my keys and would probably play with one. Whether I would pay money for one or carry one, unlikely. It's a nice looking toy though.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Excuse me while I ask a question. I am kind of an old fashioned guy, but them I'm an old guy. But if you're at work in a meeting, or at your job, wouldn't it make more sense to channel any of that "nervous energy" into paying attention to what they are saying in the meeting, or doing your job that they are paying you to do????

Just a novel thought.

Adult fidget toy?

Can you learn tricks with it like a Duncan Yo-yo? I'm sure that wouldn't be distracting to the other folks trying to quietly doodle on the margins of their quarterly reports. :rolleyes:

Excuse me while I ask a question. I am kind of an old fashioned guy, but them I'm an old guy. But if you're at work in a meeting, or at your job, wouldn't it make more sense to channel any of that "nervous energy" into paying attention to what they are saying in the meeting, or doing your job that they are paying you to do????

Just a novel thought.

Adult fidget toy?

What? You mean people should actually focus on doing their job, rather than imitating a twitching crackhead?

Back