• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

knifesupply.com

(I hope it's all right to post this here.)

Has anyone here had dealings with knifesupply.com? I placed an order with them in mid-January (izzy scales), received confirmation emails, but as yet, no package. Frustrating, that, but the real kicker is that my emails are getting kicked back as "undeliverable" and they don't answer their phone or return the messages I've left.

Anyone have any thoughts about these folks?

no personal exp. with them, but hope u payed with paypal..you could write up a complaint with them folks..good luck with all that.

haven't heard of them but it should only take 7 days max to get an item and most arrive within 3-5

I've also ordered 3 (I think) different times from them and had no problem. One time it took a little longer than I expected, but still came with no problems.

Doc

A late update on this:
After a week of calling a couple times a day and leaving messages, one day they finally decided to answer the phone. The problem boiled down to that for some reason their mail-labeling system didn't recognize my address as valid (despite that it was the right address and valid). Rather than contact me to clear up the problem they just sat on my package and did nothing. Didn't stop them from charging my card, of course.

I did finally get my item. But $8 for shipping a small padded envelope a month after the order is placed, no contact... Yeah, I won't be back.

Ordered two times from knifesupply. I called them on the phone - no problemos ;).
The first time I ordered they had problems with my adress too....even though it was the right address. So they contacted me via email and I responded and told them that my address was valid. They sent the package almost instantly. No problems what so ever.:thumbup:

i am currently dealing with knifesupply.com and i am definitely not happy with them. they did not send me the knife i ordered. i have been trying to reach them for days. they are not there to answer the phone during their posted business hours, have not returned my calls or emails. at this point, i am not so sure it was an honest mistake. it appears they tried to send me a lesser version of the knife i ordered.

I will gladly give KNIFESUPPLY SOME FREE PUBLICITY-- they suck. Knifesupply sent me a Defective knife-- excessive side play at bolsters-- quite obvivous and i knew within 3 minutes i had to send it to the manufactorer for repair. I sent KNIFESUPPLY an e-mail pointing out the problem. KNIFESUPPLY'S response ----NONE. buy at your own risk from KNIFESUPPLY-- they have a very poor reputation and customer service and response appears to be non- existenant.

Though I haven't had any dealings with them myself, I believe they are a non-stocking dealer (at least on some brands). That's why their pricing is so low, you pay and then they go and place your order with a distributor making the wait time exponentionally longer. To make matters worse sometimes items listed on a non-stocking dealers website might not be in production any longer or won't be produced again for a while. Some of these types of dealers will sit on your money until they can track down the knife or until you raise hell over it.

If the price is too good to be true......

I have used them many times with no problems.They must stock some items because they ship the same or next day.They were out of esse 5/6 clips,it took a few weeks to get them but they always picked up the phone when I called.So far they never let me down.

Only once for my ESEE 5 - they shipped it out the very next day and I got it in 3 via priority. Came perfectly new and unopened w/ its evil smelling micarta

Not going to order from them again after reading this thread though....

If you've had nothing but a good experience with them don't let my post deter you. I would just suggest making sure the knife is in production and then call them first to see if it actually is in stock and when it will ship. If it's not in stock, then ask how long it would be for them to get it and ship it to you. If their estimitation is reasonable to you then by all means get it, or better yet you can see if they will contact you when it comes in and then you'll pay.

Personally I'll pay a little more knowing that the item is in stock when I want it and that the dealer actively supports the product and manufactuer

just did 3 different transactions with them in 2 months had no problem,got my knife within 4 days all the way to hawaii.they didnt do me wrong YET..

Back