Miscellaneous Fish Pics

Well I was able to fish in the local pond again today for a couple of hours. I was only able to catch this one fish. It was still an enjoyable afternoon, except for the heat. You can hardly make out the lure but it's a Dirty Jigs 1/2oz Swim Jig in Crappie color with a matching swimbait trailer.
7242012pondbass.jpg

WOW that is a big sunfish! I caught a two pound bluegill years ago...Lots of fun!

Nothing to special, it is however the best bass I've caught at the pond in a while. Lure was a Zoom Magnum Super Fluke in baby bass color.
7302012pondbass.jpg

Aw, War Eagle, you should know that every fish is special. That one is a beaut too. :thumbup:

Got this guy yesterday while out on the lake. It's the only fish I ended up catching all day. Got him flipping a baby Paca Craw in Alabama Craw color with a pegged half ounce weight. Came out of a nice grass bed that was right next to a boat house. I didn't do a good job with the pic at all because the fish looked a lot bigger in person than it looks here. I thought it was around a 3 pounder but it sure doesn't look that way in the pic. :confused:
mitchellflipbass882012.jpg

A few photos from an early morning speck trip last week. Some actions shots of my wife and her first speck of the morning and then a picture of our son and his first speck of the day as well.
0184.jpg

0204.jpg

0174.jpg

IMGP1441.jpg

Mackerel, pollack, gurnard, herring, whiting and greater weaverfish. But I also caught and returned smooth hound, dogfish, lesser weaver, black bream and bass, I also caught launce eels to use for live bait.

IMGP1439.jpg

My sister and nephew ate it for lunch, they said it was delicious.

A friendly local...:)
IMGP1479.jpg

IMGP1468.jpg

A tropical visitor, a sunfish, following the Gulf Stream to Wales.
IMGP1444.jpg

The knives I used on the trip were a SAK Waiter for handy little jobs and a Tops Pasayten for gutting and gilling while at sea, then scaling on the beach. Each evening I would wash the Tops knife and its sheath, the coating has worn off mine and there's no rust on it. As a "general purpose" "field knife" I'm very happy with it.

Finally got back out today. Didn't have a fantastic day but I did have a good day, 3 fish in all. Both these guys were around 2 to 2-1/2 pounds I'd guess. Super fun day!

First one here I got on a scrounger head with a Zoom Super Fluke in Baitsish color
9102012scroungerspot.jpg

Next I caught this one on a shakeyhead with a NetBait T-Mac in a brown blue color.
9102012shakeyheadspot.jpg

Back