Modified Production Knives (traditional only)

Birdvis, that denim looks great! Been wanting to try that. Did u use epoxy?
That lambsfoot birdseye with angled edges...hubba hubba!

Replaced the broken plastic covers of my father's SAK today with something a bit nicer :).

SAK_03_small_zpsiziajlgv.jpg

Birdvis, that denim looks great! Been wanting to try that. Did u use epoxy?
That lambsfoot birdseye with angled edges...hubba hubba!
It is polyester resin. Used it for a few types of micarta and it seems to be holding up nicely

Thank you FOG2, I'm already a bit envious of it, my own walnut SAK in the background seems a bit plain all of a sudden :).

ABL circa 1951 Belgium Army Knife (ok - maybe not your usual production knife) modified by glennbad with ivory micarta scales. This picture does not do it justice....
32857501461_f52ee846f9_h.jpg

Last edited:
May I ask a question of the modders on this thread? Do you think it'd be possible to re-grind a GEC #15 One-Arm down to a clip point? I think the profile might be there, but it's close. Any opinion would be much appreciated.

View attachment 718275

I started with this Case mini trapper that came with some sorta plastic scales that made a nice knife UGLY!
20170609_124628.jpg

I put these Wenge Wood scales on it.
20170620_110048.jpg
20170620_111619.jpg
Added some palm swell20170620_111017.jpg
And now she is NO ugly duckling.
I still need to put some kinda finish on her, I tried a couple different one's but sanded them off as they darkened the wood to much and I couldn't see the grain of the wood well enough to satisfy me.
Does anyone have some advise? Maybe some wax?

Back