• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

New BK2 knife, problem after problem with KaBar.

Ok, I've heard from Toooj and Ethan both on the matter. The details may vary, but the punchline is, I'm moving thist GBU, where it belongs.

Freerunner had a chance to voice his concern, but its time to get this thread where it belongs.

Moose

I am not sure I understand what you are saying. What are they Toooj and Ethan saying about the matter? And what is a GBU, and why is this being moved?

Insulting the guy? How so? Are you personally harmed by this? Have I posted since then? Bc I'm pretty sure I didn't, but I'm open to correction. Remember, bud, opinions are like assholes. I have mine like you have your own. Sorry you're Kate to the party. Welcome to the internets. :thumbup: :D

-nadz

First off, this isn't W&C. You should watch your language. Second, yes, calling someone a "troll" and a "punk" are insulting terms. And, no. I'm not "harmed" by this, whatever that's supposed to mean. I just saw a fanboy running his mouth, and called him on it. Stop drinking the koolaid, tough guy.

First off, this isn't W&C. You should watch your language. Second, yes, calling someone a "troll" and a "punk" are insulting terms. And, no. I'm not "harmed" by this, whatever that's supposed to mean. I just saw a fanboy running his mouth, and called him on it. Stop drinking the koolaid, tough guy.

I appreciate your concern, good sir. I'm not a big fan of kookaid, but I still appreciate and respect your opinion and advice. As far as the "tough guy" remark, im Nt sure I understand where that comes from, and that leads me to believe that to be nothing more than an obscure homosexual advance. I am flattered, but regretfully decline, as I am, in fact, a heterosexual. I love wimmenz, and am not a tough guy. I wish ou the best of luck in your future endeavors, however. :thumbup:

-Nadz

Last edited:
After seeing the biased responses in this post it is very disenchanting to ever post on this forum again. The main reason for posting to this forum was to express my horrible experiences to Ethan and KaBar. If Paul T. is seeing this, your customer service is horrible, end of story. It appears that you did not even take the time to look at the knife or even read my complaint letter in the return box. Yea, the knife is sharp this time, but I clearly stated in the letter that the last knife you sent to me was not sharpened in a couple of places and was asymmetrical. The knife you just sent me is ten times worse in that category. The point of being able to sharpen a knife or not is irrelevant; the knife should come with a perfectly symmetrical grind out of the box. I do not want to spend an hour or two trying to correct the problem. Congratulations KaBar, your fan boy crew on this forum is making you guys look like saints. I guess I will have to throw the knife in the garbage and by a better quality knife from someone's company that actually prides them self in workmanship. I would give a company name but then I would be a troll right?

I guess I will have to throw the knife in the garbage and by a better quality knife from someone's company that actually prides them self in workmanship. I would give a company name but then I would be a troll right?

if you read back a few pages, I mentioned visiting the exchange subforum. Throwing the knife out is just plain silly. Hope that helps.

Guess the matter was dropped or whatever.!* XXX I have a #2 and just got a #7 and both are very sharp and I don't have the first thing close to being said bad about them.! Compared to my 2 ESEE's ~~ the #4 and the #6 the 4 of them are about as sharp as I would want them without me putting a Strop to them.! Of course I had 4 Custom Leather Sheaths for them because I was brought up with Leather Sheaths and the smell and the feel ~~ can't beat them.!* Now looking ror 4 different handles and don't know if I want to go with Exotic Wood or Micarta or something completly different. Time will tell.
You all have a nice day.*

i believe this has been resolved to the satisfaction of most if not all the parties involved, so, dismissed.

i believe this has been resolved to the satisfaction of most if not all the parties involved, so, dismissed.

The guy with the complaint just said he wasn't satisfied, and was going to throw the knife in the trash. Dismissed?

The guy with the complaint just said he wasn't satisfied, and was going to throw the knife in the trash. Dismissed?

didn't say all. most. shouldn't speak to details, but but hearing this side, and talking to KaBar, it seems this was resolved to KaBar's satisfaction. if you call them, they might tell you too.

as for throwing in the trash, not selling? that's just silly. his knife though.

Becker's are not $400 customs. not even 200, maybe 100 if you have someone do the work for you and they don't mess it up. they're good solid working knives. most of them are very high fit and finish. think of the odds of a company with KBs rep screwing up 3-4 times? not likely. most companies won't take back modded knoves, or even knives thag are obviously abused (like throwing, which they did, and do)

so, even i at this point am mystified what kind of satisfaction one wants from a $65 product?

One would probably expect $65 worth of satisfaction! $20 knives come sharp...why can't a knife that is 3x the price?
Who cares if KaBar is satisfied? Obviously FreeRunner (the CONSUMER) isn't.
Makes me think twice.

One would probably expect $65 worth of satisfaction! $20 knives come sharp...why can't a knife that is 3x the price?
Who cares if KaBar is satisfied? Obviously FreeRunner (the CONSUMER) isn't.
Makes me think twice.

A $20 knife will come sharp and after a day never be that sharp again. ever. A becker, or kabar may get looked over in QA, but will take an edge, and keep it for a very long time. Beckers are quality, if you learn to take care of them and stop spending monies on $20 knives, then you will have a blade that will work for you and take care of you when you need it. Because a knife needs a little love out of the box is no reason to get flustered. Learn to sharpen it, move out, drive on, draw fire.

It remains that FreeRunner still hasn't posted any pictures that shore up his argument to this point, and he's gotten snippy when people have tried to help him with his photography skills.
As far as dismissed, it appears that FreeRunner will not be satisfied in this case. Perhaps his expectations outstrip reality. I don't know for sure. I haven't seen the knife currently in question.
We may get more details on this front, but we may not. I'm not at total liberty here. Suffice it to say for now that FreeRunner has taken his argument up the chain as far as it'll go. He has been heard.

the knife should come with a perfectly symmetrical grind out of the box.

In a perfect world, perhaps. However, I've bought production knives for a long time now.
Some come close to perfect. Others do not. I've gotten $500 Busses that have been a little out of whatck.
Almost invariably, I'll sharpen a knife to suit my tastes anyway.

FreeRunner, if you are truly going to trash this knife, please PM or email me.
I will send you shipping and insurance costs, and you can send it to me.

Beat me to it, Biscuit. :D

Why was the thread moved? Because its feedback. This where feedback goes. Toooj, and Kabar had seen the post, I got confirmation this morning. Ethan heard about it, because I told him about it over lunch today. I left in the BKT forum until all the parties you wanted to see it, saw it, then it was time to go.

Moose

:rolleyes: Everyone wants absolute perfection in every thing that they buy.

Bladite, I'm with you. $65 isn't that big of a deal. A lot of the people on here piss and moan about what a waste of money it is if a $65 knife isn't perfect. There's people who piss and moan about a $20 knife not being perfect. Well hell.

How many of these same people, just for example, smoke a couple of cartons of cigs a week or drink a couple cases of beer over the weekend? Maybe go out to eat a couple times a week?

That not so perfect Becker is a hell of a lot better return for your $65 investment than most anything else you get today for the same money.

People need to realize that they are buying MASS PRODUCED products. MAN isn't perfect and the stuff that MAN produces won't be either.

If you want custom quality, then buy a custom knife. Easy as pie, IMO.

The internet has become a cess pool of whining and complaining about products on sites that have manufacturer representation.

I will always buy from Kabar because of the effort I see from Tooj in trying to do the right thing. Same with Ethan.

I'll say thank you to both of them right now.

Man - those would be tough to baton with. :D

---

Beckerhead #42

Baton it with FreeRunner's defective BK2? Maybe the grind isn't waht he expected, but we all know BK2's can take the beating. Sorry, EMT_Lee if that's too much of a "fanboy" statement.

Baton it with FreeRunner's defective BK2? Maybe the grind isn't waht he expected, but we all know BK2's can take the beating. Sorry, EMT_Lee if that's too much of a "fanboy" statement.

Well, I was going to suggest that he throw it away in my trash can but I see dibs has already been called. Curse my tardy keyboard!

---

Beckerhead #42

FreeRunner, if you are truly going to trash this knife, please PM or email me.
I will send you shipping and insurance costs, and you can send it to me.

Guyon, I see your offer, and I raise you $10 + EMT_Lee's manhood. FreeRunner, what do you think? Send me PayPal addy. Hm-k.

-Nadz

Guys, EMT_Lee is cool. Let's ease up.
He and I have PM'ed and cleared the air.
He was just going on what little information he had in this thread and doing what folks always do in GB&U, which is stand up for the consumer.
We're all consumers here, and I understand where he's coming from.

ETA: Also, there is a lot of back story here, and it's not up to me to post it.
However, to my knowledge, FreeRunner has been taken care of as well as could be.
Hopefully, he'll be able to move onto greener pastures satisfactorily.

Last edited:
FreeRunner - If you've still got that BK2 handy I'd love to have it. I'll even give money for it. Let's chat.

Back