new chopper

It is amazing how it chops. That high flat grind is the key. It tapers from spine to edge like nothing else out there. I used it for days and it stayed sharp the whole time. There will be a full review in SWAT Magazine on it in the future, but I will tell you now, I haven't been this impressed by a big chopper in a long time!

A student there (averageiowaguy) wanted to buy one after he used it to chop some fire wood.

-RB

I really want one of those! I havnt really wanted a TOPS in a while, and that one looks really good.
John,
I am thinking that the Bear G, from Gerber looks like a deal. I also like the Condor Golok, its a perfect fit, although I dont trust condors heat treat 100%, having had my last condor blow out pretty bad. I DID buy another one later on...I just missed it, so I guess its a good summer chopper for me.
For about twice the money, or $100+ dollars, you can get into a fiddleback machete...I just traded into one a couple of weeks ago and it is SWEET!

I really want one of those! I havnt really wanted a TOPS in a while, and that one looks really good.
John,
I am thinking that the Bear G, from Gerber looks like a deal. I also like the Condor Golok, its a perfect fit, although I dont trust condors heat treat 100%, having had my last condor blow out pretty bad. I DID buy another one later on...I just missed it, so I guess its a good summer chopper for me.
For about twice the money, or $100+ dollars, you can get into a fiddleback machete...I just traded into one a couple of weeks ago and it is SWEET!

Just in case you didn't know, Imacasa (Condor's parent company) did the blades for the Fiddlebacks. :p:thumbup:

IMG_9674.jpg

What's that? I imagine it's for retention?

I have a tops kukri bolo that is real nice, awfully heavy though at 1/4" thick. My bark river machete is my go to though for a big knife, can use if for some time without tiring.

Back