New Drop Forged Knives

Many shipping methods allow package tracking on line. I recently watched as an order of knives went up and down the state of California before eventually arriving at the proper destination. Some times it`s better not knowing.

Finally received my Drop Forged Bowie ! Played around for a few hours , stabbing and slashing multiple layered cardboard .

I'm fairly impressed with this little Bowie . It's really too small and light for a dedicated chopper . More like a Recon Tanto or SRK size for general multipurpose fieldcraft and survival , for easy carry .

It would make a fine medium fighter . Has good handling and balance . But note the lack of any factory swedge . So no back-cut . But probably better if you needed to baton .

The bare metal handle was easier to grip than I thought , due to the side indentions and overall shape . Still , I wrapped a thin layer of self-fusing silicone tape and was much happier with handling .

I really approve of the integral handle and hilt (cross guard ) shape . Nice curve provides a semi-pistol grip , canted effect .

The handle is perfectly sized for my medium hands . In a saber grip my thumb just barely has room to lay against the top guard . (Hope that terminology is correct .) Might be too small for those huge Sasquatch paws !

Did not yet try throwing , but it felt like a good bet that it could work . Should certainly be sturdy enough .

I like the blade on the Bowie as is. The tip is very pointy with razor sharp edge. Don't think sharpened swedge would improve it very much.

These are interesting-especially the Boot Knife and Survivalist.

The Survivalist gives you the same Steel, and comparable specs to a Battle Grade Busse Team Gemini Light Brigade.

Considering the Forged Hunter, see many retailers as well as CS's site stating the grind is hollow but also see it stated as a full flat grind. Can anyone verify which? Imagine their has already been a mentioning someplace here or in another thread. It appears all the forged models are a flat grind. Could their have been a grind change as done on SRK versions?

Considering the Forged Hunter, see many retailers as well as CS's site stating the grind is hollow but also see it stated as a full flat grind. Can anyone verify which? Imagine their has already been a mentioning someplace here or in another thread. It appears all the forged models are a flat grind. Could their have been a grind change as done on SRK versions?
My Bowie is for sure FFG . I don't have the Hunter but it looks FFG in all the reviews . I think all the Drop Forged are the same .

I own all the drop forged knives except the Hunter. The Hunter is the only model available in both black and also silver finish. The silver Hunter is the only of the series to include a leather sheath. Appears to be full flat grind in photos and videos.

Thx for the info, it certainly appears Flat but wouldn't understand why CS states hollow grind as well as many vendors (of course it appears they just copied/pasted CS's description) if it isn't the case. The only video I could find on youtube shows the reviewer stating it's a full flat grind. I went ahead and ordered one, appears it will make a nice user one way or the other.

Thx for the info, it certainly appears Flat but wouldn't understand why CS states hollow grind as well as many vendors (of course it appears they just copied/pasted CS's description) if it isn't the case. The only video I could find on youtube shows the reviewer stating it's a full flat grind. I went ahead and ordered one, appears it will make a nice user one way or the other.
If you live where it's arctic cold , don't lick the handle ! :eek: And tell us what you think after some use . I think you'll like it , but might want to wrap that handle or use gloves . :)

Is that a condom on the Laredo? Probably just me but the Forged looks more like a knife with a gripping surface installed.

Nice how the Drop Forged Bowie has a 6 3/4 inch blade but the overall length is shorter than most of the XL folders with 5 to 6 inch blades. Then you have the additional strength of a one piece construction fixed blade. Don't get much better than that.

Back