New Leatherman Discontinued Models

I was on bladehq’s website and while scrolling through Leatherman’s offerings I noticed that several popular models are listed as discontinued. Specifically the Super Tool 300, OHT, the Free P4 and P2. Has anyone else heard if this is true?

Have a good one!

They also list the MUT models and the partially serrated Wingman. (But I think that may have been awhile ago.)

Interestingly, the ratchet attachment is just out of stock

Be shocking if the venerable Super Tool 300 is discontinued.
Wonder what will replace it if true.
Outside accessable tools (one hand opening or not) are not a high priority for some.
Also, what other tool has the same tool set?
Interestingly, the ratchet attachment is just out of stock
For at least eight months ...
Replacement toolset #1 has been out of stock for about as long Tool set #2 was out for about a year. I bought a #2 when they were back in stock.
My #1 is lacking a couple bits. (AWOL when I was given the tool) IF/WHEN #1 becomes available I will get a new one.
I have no idea which bits (aside from the eyeglasses bit) are missing. Probably cost as much or more to replace just the missing bits as to replace the set. 🤨☹️

Bwahahaha, so they are going to take the wildly successful free, that work amazing and well, .....and keep the crusty lame Arc full of qc problems and exaggerated price point??? I'll keep the ones I have.

RIP Leatherman, they are dead to me at least.
I wonder if we will see an update of the free series?

I wonder if we will see an update of the free series?

That's what the Arc is.

It would be really nice to see a version without magnacut. I could do without the micro bit driver as well. It would be better in my opinion if that slot had something more useful in it, such as a t-shank adapter. With a t-shank adapter you could eliminate 2 of the outside long tool slots (saw and file), or have room to add a serrated blade and something else.

I like the arc 🤷🏾‍♂️

170 with mil discount is still spendy but so far it hasn't broken, failed, or otherwise proven to be a crap tool. In addition to my arc I also have several waves, a surge, skeletool, charge alx, micra, style cs ( both scissors and plier models)

Bwahahaha, so they are going to take the wildly successful free, that work amazing and well, .....and keep the crusty lame Arc full of qc problems and exaggerated price point??? I'll keep the ones I have.

RIP Leatherman, they are dead to me at least.
Why are they dead to you? Just curious

Why are they dead to you? Just curious
I've been a long time fan and frequent buyer. Their pricing has gotten ludicrous and the quality control issues they've been allowing out are unacceptable, especially at the price point of where they're putting the Arc.

They did it to themselves. It makes you look elsewhere when you depend on it.

The problem is that while their prices have went up, there's no real competition to them. Yes there's other multitools but to me none offer the level of usefulness, design and durability that I get from my leathermans. They are using every last mm of their tools in some way that works. I'm talking about their flagship tools like supertool, surge, wave. Not talking about the p2 or p4.

I can't agree on quality control. Just got a surge a few months ago and it's top notch as usual in every way.

The problem is that while their prices have went up, there's no real competition to them.

Except for all of the Chinese clones which cost anywhere from a third of the price or less.

Yes there's other multitools but to me none offer the level of usefulness, design and durability that I get from my leathermans. They are using every last mm of their tools in some way that works. I'm talking about their flagship tools like supertool, surge, wave. Not talking about the p2 or p4.

The designs of what you still consider to be the flagship tools are so old that the patents are all expired. That's why we've been seeing the attack of the clones over the last few years.

As far as I know, the Free platform (which includes the P2, the P4, and the Arc) is the only thing that Leatherman still owns patents for. The patents on everything else have run out.

It's funny that one of the most materialistic forums that has members boasting proudly about their addiction, spending thousands of dollars every year for single purpose tools that often don't even really get used complain on cost of tools that do so much more than just cut, are not made in China and have 25 year warranty. But hey by all means keep on complaining and keep buying shit you don't need.

It's funny that one of the most materialistic forums that has members boasting proudly about their addiction, spending thousands of dollars every year for single purpose tools that often don't even really get used complain on cost of tools that do so much more than just cut, are not made in China and have 25 year warranty. But hey by all means keep on complaining and keep buying shit you don't need.

I agree.

Comparing Leatherman tools with imitations is like comparing Snap-On tools to those ten-dollar socket sets in the tin box you used to see in the 70's.

Btw, Leatherman went from lifetime to 25 year, and will now not honor the tools for a lifetime when you bought them with said warranty in place. Pretty jerk thing to do.

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought this was the multitools forum. Not the general knife discussion forum. My bad.

Also, I can't speak for others but I mainly collect SAKs and my non-SAK knives are mostly cheap Moras. I heavily criticize people who spend loads of money on expensive knives that they barely use, and expensive sharpening gadgets to go with them. Anything to avoid learning a useful skill, and god forbid that you should actually use your tool for anything other than cutting open a package from amazon or slicing open a packet of sweets. But you go ahead and beat that strawman if it helps you feel better.

Back