New Leatherman Discontinued Models

300 better not be discontinued.

I hope it's not. But as long as they keep the Rebar I think it will be fine. It's almost exactly the same as a ST 300, and sure it's not the same size but it's stil got the same sturdy plier design. I'm not sure but I think the Rebar might actually be one of the best selling models. I see it everywhere.

I hope it's not. But as long as they keep the Rebar I think it will be fine. It's almost exactly the same as a ST 300, and sure it's not the same size but it's stil got the same sturdy plier design. I'm not sure but I think the Rebar might actually be one of the best selling models. I see it everywhere.
Rebar is my favourite, next to the PST.

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought this was the multitools forum. Not the general knife discussion forum. My bad.

Also, I can't speak for others but I mainly collect SAKs and my non-SAK knives are mostly cheap Moras. I heavily criticize people who spend loads of money on expensive knives that they barely use, and expensive sharpening gadgets to go with them. Anything to avoid learning a useful skill, and god forbid that you should actually use your tool for anything other than cutting open a package from amazon or slicing open a packet of sweets. But you go ahead and beat that strawman if it helps you feel better.
I don’t want to kick down on anyone.
It’s just this kind of first world problems that make me scratch my head.
I got two plier based multitools and even though I would love to get third one I can’t feel offended for the price hikes (other than the ARK huyk huyk!).
There’s also very good second hand deals around if you are poor and ragged. Just this week I saw unused charge tti with bit kit for 45€.. almost snagged it but I thought maybe someone who actually would need it should grab it.

It’s just this kind of first world problems that make me scratch my head.

I don't even know what that's supposed to mean in the context of this topic. It doesn't make sense, and it seems like a very odd thing to say. Even if this topic were about complaining that things cost too much, it still wouldn't make sense to call that a first world problem. That's an enitire world problem. Everyone has to deal with paying for things, and the less money you have, the more it affects you. It's the complete opposite of what you're trying to portray it as, as if complaining about high prices somehow makes you spoiled. It's such a bizarre position to take.

Just this week I saw unused charge tti with bit kit for 45€.. almost snagged it but I thought maybe someone who actually would need it should grab it.

You know what would happen if everyone took the advice to go to the secondary market? Prices on the used market would go up. It's like you don't understand basic economics. By the way, as someone who has spent a not insignificant amount of time on ebay, I can tell you that deals like that tend to go fast. To get them you either have to be on the site all the time or get very lucky. Sometimes someone will snatch them out from under you while you are in the process of trying to buy them.

I don’t want to kick down on anyone.

And yet you seem to be doing that. That's another thing that seems weird about this. And once again, it's tangential. This isn't what the topic is about in the first place anyway. Not only does it seem like you are kicking down on people, but it also appears like you are also going deliberately out of your way to do it.

Last edited:
The only one that seems to be consistently out of stock at the places I checked was the plain Jane Super Tool 300. The Black Oxide version still seems plentiful. I can't imagine Leatherman would discontinue the stainless model before the coated one, but I guess anything is possible. If it's that big of a deal to you guys, you could always just contact Leatherman or BladeHQ. Maybe they could shed some light on the situation.

Leatherman's website has stock available for both the stainless and black oxide versions of the Super Tool 300.

If it was being discontinued, then I would expect Leatherman to be replacing it with a newer model, but you never know these days. Leatherman has been doing a lot of weird and questionable things in the past few years, often without communicating anything about it.

When Leatherman discontinues a tool it will list it in the retired products section on their website. The ST300 is not listed.

Actually it appears the Micra may be on its way out too. BHQ seems to be the only major retailer still listing it at all, and many of their listings read as discontinued. Leatherman's site still lists the Micra as available in all colors, but we know how slow they are to update when a model has been retired.

Besides which, I was never that big a fan of the Micra to begin with as I'm not a scissors guy and the Micra's tweezers and file suck (the nail cleaner is curved and tapered and Victorinox should take a lesson from it). And at an MSRP/MAP of $50, I'm really not a fan, even with the "Keyman" mod (see Johnnythefox Johnnythefox 's post here) that deletes the scissors and tweezers, and puts the rest of the tools into one handle.

Last edited:
The Crunch is now listed on Leatherman's Retired page.

It had a good run. I lost mine a couple of years ago. My wife bought it right before or right after we were married. Some site had it for $55 plus free engraving at the time (around 2005). It was always a bit weird and cumbersome to deploy, but it was a crazy handy tool to have when you needed a vice grip. I remember it saving my butt when the power steering decided to go out on the old CJ5 Jeep I had. I don't remember exactly what I did, but the locking grip of the jaws made it work well enough that I could muscle it the 2 miles to my office.

RIP Crunch.

Interesting. I wonder if Leatherman is moving to either eliminate or limit dealer sales. Emerson Knives did the same thing a year or so ago. Basically, they stopped supplying to dealers, and once their stock dried up, that was it.

It might explain why something like the Micra isn't even showing as out of stock or discontinued on some sites, it's just gone altogether. Yet all the variants are still available on Leatherman's site.

Last edited:
Back