New run of 48 Weasels, Hawthornes, DJ's, and IT's!

Figured it was a good time to start a thread for the new run of 48 Weasels and Hawthornes. Please post pics!

I'll start with my 1st ever #48 in bloodwood...I caught this weasel out in the yard today.

ed94b445157ead4a2b270f5ad8c0959f.jpg

57e6b621e16bef2e0ebe5b7bef6e3e5a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Very nice 007hunter! :thumbup: Still waiting for mine to ship - will post a pic when gets here.

was busy in the clinic, by the time i got to a computer it was 4:05 so missed the rat race that is ksf's system for knife releases. always wanted to try a hawthorne, but love my 48 big clips all the same. heard they are notorious for poor grinds. oh well c'est la vie. try again in 2 weeks, or catch em on the secondary

I have three Hawthornes being delivered Monday. In meantime here is picture I downloaded of the one I got in stag [emoji3]

4ed8ee44ddcf8cebf78e700002ac4a1b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You people just made me spend another $80 out of my income tax refund. Bloodwood #48 inbound from the Bohns at KSF.

The burlap clip point came out really nice.

MAoJokK.jpg

It's hard to tell from the picture.. how's the quality of the burlap? Is there air pockets/bubbles or is it completely clear? I know this is a new supplier that hasn't been used before so I was a bit hesitant on these..

It's hard to tell from the picture.. how's the quality of the burlap? Is there air pockets/bubbles or is it completely clear? I know this is a new supplier that hasn't been used before so I was a bit hesitant on these..

The burlap quality on my example appears to be excellent...I don't see any pockets/bubbles but it's not a gloss smooth finish like the 71 burlap. Rather, it has matte-like finish and slight grippy texture (not too rough, not too smooth). It has some lighter spots where perhaps sanding occurred but doesn't affect the overall appearance. I was skeptical too but this is a home run!

The burlap quality on my example appears to be excellent...I don't see any pockets/bubbles but it's not a gloss smooth finish like the 71 burlap. Rather, it has matte-like finish and slight grippy texture (not too rough, not too smooth). It has some lighter spots where perhaps sanding occurred but doesn't affect the overall appearance. I was skeptical too but this is a home run!

That's good to hear. Pictures are deceiving sometimes and it looks a bit too rough in some of the one's I've seen posted. I like the look of burlap micarta so I'm glad these turned out well.

Those all look fantastic, and the rosewoods are beautiful. I'm waiting on a Rotten Banana Bone CK SFO and a couple of Diamond Jacks. I can't wait to see how they turn out.

I'm holding my breath for the next round of Hawthorne releases. The first round went super fast so hopefully there upcoming release will have a bit more quantity.

I'm with Rye. I have an Improved in Rotten on reserve, but I am not sure how I will take to the coloration once in hand. So it may end up on the trade/sales block before my antique amber.

For those looking to get a Hawthorne Jack and/or Weasel...

Hawthorne Jack with Clip and one from the 2014 run with Wharncliffe
3q6pgpF.jpg

Clip sits lower than the Wharncliffe (no surprise) and the profile difference is stark
pBZIeYm.jpg

with the 48 Weasel for comparison
xF1CCMA.jpg

3 very different blades
PqaEgSF.jpg

The Bloodwood Weasel is quite a bit slimmer... probably not as much difference with the Micarta Hawthorne Jacks
DFrgLTg.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, Ron. :) I didn't think I would get another one until I saw the Blueberry jigged bone version... that's gonna be hard to resist!

Great pictures, AL! :thumbup: There's a BWW headed this way, and your pics just upped the anticipation factor for me. :D

Back