New run of 48 Weasels, Hawthornes, DJ's, and IT's!

From what I understand GEC put a pin in every fourth #13 with exception to the American Whittler SFO's which all had pins...so 25% random luck of the draw on the regular run. I bought 8, yikes eight #13's and have two pins out the deal. One came in African Blackwood Whittler SFO and one came with the office etch clerk. So I have low batting average and you my friend probably shouldn't waste your money on the lottery, lol.

It makes sense the SFOs would include a pin. Those are the two I have. TC Barlow and another one, I can't remember.

Randomness is really interesting to ponder isn't it? :confused:

I received my 4th variant today.
3_zps0grrlmd6.jpg~original

Is it unusual for GEC to do two different colors of jigged bone in the same trim?

Does not seem to be a lot of the blueberry color hitting dealers shelves. I wonder if they made less of this color.

Does not seem to be a lot of the blueberry color hitting dealers shelves. I wonder if they made less of this color.

Found out from a reliable source that the Blueberry was in fact a mistake and was supposed to be the green pickle but it was "miss dyed" and renamed...thus only 63 of the Blueberry exist. So perhaps not really a mistake after all and just a very cool "limited run". :thumbup:

Last edited:
I received my 4th variant today.
3_zps0grrlmd6.jpg~original

Nice collection, they look great together.
I'm very tempted by the Tiger Eye acrylic, I have a #15 Beer Scout in the same colour (though it's called 'Draft Beer Acrylic' for that pattern). It would be nice to have a matching pair.

Last edited:
Found out from a reliable source that the Blueberry was in fact a mistake and was supposed to be the green pickle but it was "miss dyed"...thus only 63 of the Blueberry exist. So perhaps not really a mistake after all and just a very cool "limited run". :thumbup:

Wow! Glad I was able to order one. Thanks for sharing that info!:):thumbup:

Jeez, how bout the Lone Star Knives (American Fighting Ships) SFO! Damascus blade made from metal from the decommissioned Battleship North Carolina, and scales made from wood from her deck. I'm pretty new to the knife world, but that's one of the coolest things I've seen. I just can't seem to find them...

^^ check out gec's blog , there's a tab for the lone stars in the right column

Just got an antique amber the other day and have a stag reserved with Mike. Was going to let the blueberry go, but couldn't resist. I have an improved trapper already and love it, but these single blade 48s are just heaven! Light and slim, but you can get a full grip and use a blade thats big enough to get the job done! Ill post pics when the rest show. Charlie's SFO run is going to be awesome judging from the jigging I saw, but I'm not holding my breath on finding one...lol.

Nice collection, they look great together.
I'm very tempted by the Tiger Eye acrylic, I have a #15 Beer Scout in the same colour (though it's called 'Draft Beer Acrylic' for that pattern). It would be nice to have a matching pair.

Thank you, and yes, a matching pair would be nice :)

My #48 Amber Jigged landed today.
Nice character in the bone, smooth 4-5 pull, centered blade and no gaps.

Sorry for the indoor pics, it is pouring outside...

Back