New York/New Jersey Custom Knife Show (NYCKS) • 2010

Great pics and awesome knives. This is a quality show, no doubt.

I would love to have Jerry's personal cutter on my belt. That looks like a loooong quick blade.

Roger

Great pics Coop, looks like it was a good show.
I'll just never understand WHY they always do the show opening day of the deer season in NY!

Thanks so much. For someone just learning, you have been a tremendous resource.

I hope Rob Connally will chime in here. He has the skinny on those Fisk treasures. :D

Rob was also hanging around and took a shot of Susan and I, while we were working. I'm a LUCKY man to have such a worthy assistant. ;) :thumbup:

orig.jpg

Coop

Thats a good pic of you two. And yeah Rob brought some sweeeeeet knives there!

Jerry's personnel cutter is an amazing knife.
You can actually toss a piece of rope in the air and cut in half before it hits the ground.
I have never been able to do that with any other cutter.

It even cuts rope with the chisel ground clip. It's a beast.

Hey, sorry for the delay chiming in. Work has been keeping me busy.

The Fisk Artifact Southwest Bowie is NLT#7 for 2010. I got lucky at the Micro Show and had my ball pulled...that's the wood ball with my number on it giving me the opportunity to purchase this knife. The firestarter artifact is neat because it shows both methods, back & forth rubbing and drill, on one artifact. This is apparently very rare. Sheath is by Rowe with elephant inlay.

Jerry was kind enough to teach me the proper technique for cutting free hanging rope. We used his 2010 personal knife. He agreed to sell it to me and sent it after he completed some work he had to do with it. So it was his personal cutter for his 30th year in knife making and is my personal cutter now. I cherish this knife and Coop's pic has Jerry's 30 year coin and my first rope cut. This knife is insanely sharp!

I fell in love with Don's double edge, frame handle sub hilt the first time I saw it. Was also lucky to have landed it at Jerry's show. My first knife with old elephant ivory. Beautiful damascus and a great Paul Long to boot.

I acquired Don's 3 gold folders over the last few years. There are pics of each of them separately but I thought it would be neat to show all 3 together. They are so much alike and so different at the same time. Handles carved from billets of 18K rose gold with outstanding black lip in the windows.

It was great seeing Jim and Susan, Jon Brand, and the makers that were there. The show was active, upbeat, and quite enjoyable in it's new location.

Thank you, Jim, for the great photography and for posting all of the NY pics!

Kevin, congrats on the "toss the rope in the air" cut at Jerry's! Not an easy feat.

Jerry was kind enough to teach me the proper technique for cutting free hanging rope. We used his 2010 personal knife. He agreed to sell it to me and sent it after he completed some work he had to do with it. So it was his personal cutter for his 30th year in knife making and is my personal cutter now. I cherish this knife and Coop's pic has Jerry's 30 year coin and my first rope cut. This knife is insanely sharp!

Here is Rob in action at Jerry's show, about to make his first rope cut ever. I can't say enough about how nice Jerry's cutter felt in hand and preformed. Really like Coop's image of it and the rope, Rob! :thumbup:

FiskShow26.jpg

Great images from the NY show, Coop. Always a special treat!

- Joe

I was quite upset to miss an opportunity to have Jim shoot some knives for me. I had just laid out all my cash on a Fuegen and didn't really have anything that needed a photo at the time. Its always exciting having a new photo, its like getting the knife over again and not to mention how busy Coop has been. I guess there is always next time. Rob you did the right thing. Coop, great photos.

Great images, Coop and a super shot of you and your better half :). Wish I could have been there. Sounds like a much better show than the past few years...

Rob, thanks for having those shot at the show!

Great pictures that inspired, i get the feeling next to keep them in my hand. We know how difficult it is when you are trying self. Thank you for sharing.
Tobbe

A much anticipated envelope from Coop arrived yesterday. I've got to say that having a Coop print in hand is something special. What a treat to savor the art of the knife maker and the photographer, both at the top of their respective games!

Don, very pleased with how your knife pics turned out. My pleasure to play the small role of asking Coop to shoot them.

Joe, the Fisk cutter is a knife I knew you'd appreciate. It is hardcore.

Thanks for the comments, all.

Wow, what a beautiful display of knives, thanks for allowing us a look!

Back