Oh My Garsh!!!! . . . . It's The Coolest "SantaGanzaaaaa" Of All Time!!!!!!!

see that is another quality of busse, jerry is the same on here as the person i met at blade 09, when he stepped out of the vehicle, was i waiting for him, not so much. i stepped out of the front door of the waverly and another hog told me to hold tight, that i could meet jerry. that was truly a treat and he is the same person if you are having a drink with him at the fountain with the rest of the hogs or dining at the banquet...fun times, big time.

i can say it a little different than jerry: if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.
do not worry about the mule going blind, just load the wagon.
you have to have a backbone like a kentucky sawlog to be here.
do you need some whine with that cheese.
do you have a pair that sparks when they strike the ground?
you do not offend your brother or sister hogs and if you do, you apologize quick, because if you are going to have to eat crow, you eat it when it is hot, once it gets cold, it is rough.

i am going to have a blast, whether i win anything or not and bud light is better than coors light, and i will have the longest ash this year, and stewart makes the best custom scales!!!amy is sweetheart and dang efficient!!

Here's a note for all of the newbees. . . This is all about having a good time. It is supposed to be lighthearted fun. :thumbup:

If you're going to get upset by this forum or the HOG trickery then perhaps your hide is too thin for the trough. . .

Important note: We only serve all natural pork at the trough. . . and that means NO HORMONES!

I suggest drinking more and trying to go with the flow. . . If that doesn't work, then drink some more. :thumbup:

I posted earlier that if anyone complains about this contest or any part of this give-away that they would be disqualified from this and all future give-aways. . . I meant that.

Now let's get back to drinking and trying to confuse eachother. . . Once the fake "Jerrys" show up, all heck is going to break loose!!! :eek: :D :D

Let's Drink!!!!! :thumbup:

Jerry :D

Me, me, I know,

Overly Ignorant New Kid??:D:p

2laughter.gif
2laughter.gif
2laughter.gif

dobywon, too funny!! "flippers" now "oink"!!! put the rake up, you are going to cause hogs to have cramps from laughing!!!

Here's a note for all of the newbees. . . This is all about having a good time. It is supposed to be lighthearted fun. :thumbup:

If you're going to get upset by this forum or the HOG trickery then perhaps your hide is too thin for the trough. . .

Important note: We only serve all natural pork at the trough. . . and that means NO HORMONES!

I suggest drinking more and trying to go with the flow. . . If that doesn't work, then drink some more. :thumbup:

I posted earlier that if anyone complains about this contest or any part of this give-away that they would be disqualified from this and all future give-aways. . . I meant that.

Now let's get back to drinking and trying to confuse eachother. . . Once the fake "Jerrys" show up, all heck is going to break loose!!! :eek: :D :D

Let's Drink!!!!! :thumbup:

Jerry :D

Thank you again Jerry! This is going to be great and I for one appreciate this amazing offer!!:thumbup:

(say hi to Amy for me will you:D - because I am sure she is already psyching up for the aftermath of the World Wide Web meltdown that is going to occur)

Jerry, you rock!!

There is no thanks enough for this most GENEROUS of Ganzas. Truly you have the Christmas spirit.

Or is that Spirits? :p

alcohol.jpg

there's way too much frenchcry and whaaamburger eating, haterade drinking business going on here. let's keep this friendly, in the spirit of the kindness the Busse crew shows.

Certain whiskeys have a bit of a delicate molecular structure (don't ask me how I know this, but its about all I remember from back in chem when we studied whiskey) and by introducing water to them you can actually break that structure. Its not as common with younger whiskeys, but its far more common with longer aged whiskeys. You need to be VERY careful with aged whiskey as if its a brittle molecular structure by adding a single drop of water to it your going break it and get damn near tasteless stuff.

(And were skipping the long and boring lecture on congeners and moving on now...)

Fun fact...Get some high proof whiskey and put it in a thin walled glass...Add some water to it...Then pick up the glass after a few seconds...Glass is hot/warm..Little bit of a reaction going on

End Product = near flavorless whiskey

Also just as a side note, ice actually dulls the flavor of whiskey/scotch and it kills the scent. A true connoisseur will tell you to do a thin walled glass and a drop or two of water to unlock the drink as well as warm it (using the heat from your hand) which will actually increase the "bouquet" thats released.

I'm not a connoisseur and I prefer a chilled whiskey, depending on what I'm drinking I'll either prechill it or stone it. But it doesn't matter with what type of whiskey your drinking...When it comes to adding water its ALWAYS measured in drops.

Whiskey is a mixture; a solution of ethanol, aldehydes, phenols, and all kinds of stuff, in water. There is no brittle molecular structure, and water isn't going to break it. Often, a little water added to a high proof whiskey is beneficial in opening up the flavor, but nothing gets broken.

Yes, there is a mild exotherm from mixing ethanol and water, that is a heat of reaction as hydrogen bonds form.

Whiskey is a mixture; a solution of ethanol, aldehydes, phenols, and all kinds of stuff, in water. There is no brittle molecular structure, and water isn't going to break it. Often, a little water added to a high proof whiskey is beneficial in opening up the flavor, but nothing gets broken.

Yes, there is a mild exotherm from mixing ethanol and water, that is a heat of reaction as hydrogen bonds form.

Well put, Guy! :D

Riddle me this batman...CH3-CH2-OH is it soluble in water? If so HOW soluble is it?

(Making a point so play along)

This is aimed more for the noob's
(established HOG's know this already and probably will be pissed)

During the "ganza" time,BlaDEfORUM WILL BE EXTREMELY slow...
one way to bypass this whole thing is to subscribe to this thread.
Click THREAD TOOLS,then SUBSCRIBE.
Thats all! You will then get an email when a post is made here.
I wouldnt subscribe till late sunday night to avoid erroneous
emails.
So,sunday night after you subscribe,just sit back and keep checking your
emails. When the GoGoGo is posted,youll be one of the FIRST to know!
then simply hit reply and poof! you got a free knife!

When I first joined one of the Old Timer Hogs showed me that trick...
I thank him at every ganza!

Back