1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Picture hosting limits?

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by r8shell, Jul 2, 2017.

1. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    DSC_0067 - Edited.jpg

2. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    I did what you said you did and the pic came up, I went back to find it and I can't find it anywhere, stored on the site, now I wanna see if I delete or rename the file will it disappear. If it disappears than it's basically hot linking your pick from your devices drive.

Well it's still there, if you right click on it and copy the address below is what I get. I have no idea where that is and I can't pull it up on my browser this way.

http://www.bladeforums.com/attachments/dsc_0067-edited-jpg.734350/

I'm kinda stumped. Hopefully this will draw a little more attention to this post and result in an answer.

3. evltcat

evltcat Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2011
    ^--- From the URL it looks like it's uploading the file to the "attachments" directory on the BF server itself, linking it to your post, and NOT attaching them to your media.
    I did a search on all Ted's media and that attachment isn't there.
    @Spark is the only one that will be able to tell us how this works.

4. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    I've noticed that when someone uploads an image this way, it appears as a link, rather than an image in the quote. You can click on it to open and view.

Maybe there isn't a limit to posting pictures this way? I mean, I don't know how much more storage pictures take than text, and wouldn't want to overtax the system.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  5. Blue Sky

Blue Sky Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2002
    If you insert an image directly into a post, it will not show as part of your media. Where it goes and how you can find it again later (outside of revisiting that post) is unknown at this point as far as I can see. No one else seems to know either.

If you first create an album and then load images into it, you can then insert them into a post, and then find them again anytime using the "my media" tab. I have used both of these methods, and that is how it has worked.

So, if you want to have easy access and control of the images you upload here, I suggest you use the album method.

Heres a pic from my album:

6. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Thanks, Blue Sky, I might try doing it that way at some point. I'm not sure I see an advantage, though.
    I have my pictures organized in folders on my computer, and it's very easy to find the one I want to post and then just drag or copy it into my post. I just want to make sure I don't reach some storage limit doing it that way, and then have to make room by going through my post history and deleting pictures one at a time.

7. Redrummd

Redrummd Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 21, 2007
    Unfortunately, I too don't have a "Your Media" tab when I get on the media page. I have tried the "Contact Us" and the Tech page to try and get an answer. I have a Hosted website here and I think maybe my membership has lapsed as on this page I do not see any membership level showing. I also do not know how to find out if that is the problem so does anyone know how to find my membership status. I am really surprised that no tech help has shown up to help us......

8. SharpByCoop

SharpByCoop Enjoying the discussions Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 8, 2001
    Michael: Go to the tab above called 'Paid Subscriptions', click that.
    Look to the left there is a little link called 'Purchase details', click that.

There is your current status. That's all I can help you with.

9. Redrummd

Redrummd Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 21, 2007
    SharpByCoop - Well guess what? It did turn out to be my paid subscription had lapsed. The attache photo tools are now back and really are improved from the "old" tools!

You think one of my posts on the tech page or sending a message through the "Contact Us" link would have gotten a response. I am very disappointed in "management" of Bladeforums. Wow......