Recent outages and the road map to preventing them in the future

yup,zipping along over here too!

"Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.48 seconds."

0.48 seconds is pretty darn fast!! ;)

Zooming right now too. Of course, I'm sure that will change.
Yup, I'm getting lags of anywhere from 10 seconds to a minute or more. It makes moderating more frustrating than normal. (Dang, I hope this one posts before it gets timed out...).

Been noticing the lags again more often in the past month or so. Gets to the point where I click on a thread or post a reply and then leave the room to do something else for a while. Seems to happen most often in the evening hours for me, but that could be just because I'm on more then.

Thanks for all your hard work Spark, it is definitely appreciated :thumbup:.

I've been on for a half hour and only got to about 3 threads total. Of course that includes some time reading, but still. It's bad for me at least.

Thanks for your hard work and time Spark.. Still getting lag here as well almost seems like I'm using an old dial-up connection at times. Worth the wait though!
Andy

BFC has been lagging pretty bad for me the last 2 nights with tonight being the worst. Reloading a web page such as S&S or The HI Forums seems to take forever even though it's just one page at a time.

Ever think about taking Sonicwall out of the picture? They suck hard. Seriously.

You need to run Cisco ASA's or Watchguard Firewalls.

Not our firewalls. They belong to the ISP.

Been really bad for the past few hours (12-3pm pacific). Lagging and the first time-outs I've gotten in a while, pretty continuous too.

It has more or less always been intermittently awful for me since I can't remember when.

If I didn't love this place, I'd have said f__k it a long time ago. But since I do love this place, I usually end up saying it every time I log on just before I eventually give up and walk away. But, I'm a glutton for punishment and come back time after time for another piss poor cyber connection beating. (Did I say I love this place?) When it comes to my pathetic connection problems...I HATE it too!

It has more or less always been intermittently awful for me since I can't remember when.

If I didn't love this place, I'd have said f__k it a long time ago. But since I do love this place, I usually end up saying it every time I log on just before I eventually give up and walk away. But, I'm a glutton for punishment and come back time after time for another piss poor cyber connection beating. (Did I say I love this place?) When it comes to my pathetic connection problems...I HATE it too!

Yeah, I've explained this to my service provider repeatedly and they can't seem to get it through their heads that this is negatively effecting all my sites that are having problems. I pay way too much for this level of difficulties to be occuring.

Yeah, I've explained this to my service provider repeatedly and they can't seem to get it through their heads that this is negatively effecting all my sites that are having problems. I pay way too much for this level of difficulties to be occuring.

Maybe they should walk the plank.;):D

I've got a meeting tomorrow with these people to determine whether we're pulling the plug.

I depend so much on this line of communication that when it is interrupted I tend to go a bit off my nut, as my British friends like to say.

Thanks for hanging in there Spark, I appreciate your efforts.

The server my site was being hosted on got hacked last year and I spent three months getting my web site back on line. It was a mess.
They ended up hosting all the web sites on a jailed server and I have had no problems since. I say this with my fingers crossed.

I do keep some kindling and a blanket handy in case we revert to sending smoke signals.

Fred

Back